PDA

View Full Version : modding question

clinek
10-23-2010, 05:43 AM
Ok, so i was wandering if you are able convert the ancient pheonix and inferno dragon from spells to actual buyable units. When looking into the "orcs" file, you can edit the units for yourself but i just cant figure out how to convert the spells to units. It would be cool to have all three of the spells (inferno dragon, pheonix, and book of evil) as units. If anyone has done this, or know how, please let me know. Thanks

ocsisajt
10-23-2010, 06:57 AM
+1 :)

onepiece
10-23-2010, 04:37 PM
I support that idea (those units are gone be freaking expensive). But wouldn't there be like 3 versions for each creature? (book, dragon, phoenix)

clinek
10-23-2010, 08:43 PM
I support that idea (those units are gone be freaking expensive). But wouldn't there be like 3 versions for each creature? (book, dragon, phoenix)

Well i wasnt planning on allowing a level 3 mage to have an army of ancient pheonix's and dragons. I would have to look at them more closely but the leadership requirement wouldn't be that rediculous. The base attack and defense is on par with a red dragon, the only thing that really excels is its damage. What makes both the phoenix and the inferno dragon so good is how they grow in direct proportion to your intellect. Obviously, a warrior would recieve litte by having them in thier army while it should the the most powerful units in a mages army per leadership point. To answer your question, no. I would not waste the time to have more useless units in the army. I would only make the level 3 units of each spell.

N3MES1S
10-24-2010, 10:12 PM
I already modded a legendary phoenix as a buyable item on my past armored princess mod. I still didnt look into it to adapt it to crossworlds.. and yes, it was very expensive -.-

clinek
10-28-2010, 04:28 AM
yea i used your modded pheonix but i ended up modding your modded unit. I want a powerhouse, not a ressurecting unit. Red dragons are my favorite units due to thier raw power, great "hit and run" ability, and thier speciality which is argueably the best in he game for doing damage at range. I know your phoenix ressurected units but I never lose any units in battles so i dont really need it. Also, for thier leadership requirements, thier damage was shitty. I use all dragons and an archdemon. Needless to say, i want to replace the archdemon with another unit that has high initiative, good damage, and a lot of movement. Since a phoenix can attack 3 units at once, it would be more beneficial than an archdemon. That or an inferno dragon would be pretty bad ass. I personally dont care which one, but if anyone know how, please let me know