PDA

View Full Version : Sheep - No Clipping - Invisible on Battle Board

ckdamascus
10-23-2010, 12:48 AM
I use rune mages a lot. But it seems like if you sheep a Royal Griffin, there is a chance it becomes... "invisible".

The sheeped unit is still on the screen, but you can walk through it, but you cannot attack it with units OR spells, but it CAN stop ranged units from firing (as if it was adjacent to the ranged unit).

I have had this problem happen twice.

Please look very carefully at the screen shots.

In the first one (sheep-clip.JPG), you will see an Ancient Phoenix ... but it is the "enemy" and it has "5" units.

That's because it is really the sheeped royal griffin, I just walked THROUGH it.

In the next set (sheep-clip2.JPG and sheep-clip2a.JPG), look carefully at the 126 griffins. Notice how they are fused together like in that movie The Fly? :)

It is both a Royal Griffin and Griffin. It happened because I sheeped one and it "clipped" or "turned invisible", allowing another unit to occupy the same space.

But it is NOT targetable.

After the sheep effect wears off, everything goes back to normal.

This is more of a minor bug rather than anything major, but I find it interesting it only seems to happen to Royal Griffins.

Nike-it
10-26-2010, 06:31 AM
Please attach to the post the savegame file with this bug. We will check what can be done with it.

ckdamascus
10-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Please attach to the post the savegame file with this bug. We will check what can be done with it.

I don't think I have one specifically fighting against Royal Griffins.

I am fairly certain it can be reproduced with ANY game as I have done it with different games already.

It might also occur with griffins as well, but basically:

Get any army with Rune Mages. Make sure you have 20 magic runes.

Fight against Royal Griffins.

Use rune mages to attack royal griffins via ranged attack. 30% chance of sheeping them. I'd use phantom on the rune mages to increase your odds.

Once they are sheeped, you should notice strange behavior.

Nike-it
10-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Ok, will try to reproduce this bug.

ckdamascus
11-26-2010, 02:58 AM
Actually, what happens is the graphics no longer match to "reality" so to speak. So, the unit that is sheeped, is now INVISIBLE, but it is still on the board, if you can find the right tile.

jake21
11-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Just to be clear it mostly happens when you sheep roayal griffons (per original post). I've seen it once or twice in other unrelated (unrelated to sheep) cases with both AP and the original Legend game; but 99% of the time it will happen when sheep'ed royal griffons make their first move (move after being turn into sheep) so it should be very easy to reproduce.