PDA

View Full Version : Sow and gauge output for simpit owners/builders

ghodan
10-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Hi guys,

Is it already known how gauge output will be handled in SOW?
Will it have out of the box function? Like drag and drop gauges/sections to 2nd monitor? Same like FSX ?
And will gauge usage be supported in multiplayer? (Don't come with the argument that its not fair for persons who don't have a 2nd monitor or full working simpit.
TrackIr vs non TrackIr is also not "fair" but its accepted as a good tool.
And a 2nd monitor is as expensive/inexpensive as TrackIr 4 or 5.

By the way, did you guys see the new awesome metal combat rudder pedals from Saitek?
http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/compedals.html

Will be awsome combo with Thrustmaster Warthog. :cool:

Skoshi Tiger
10-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi and welcome to the board!

Hi guys,
Will it have out of the box function? Like drag and drop gauges/sections to 2nd monitor? Same like FSX ?

Good questions but as far as I know, I don't think the details have been released yet. Sorry.

Very early on there were some screen shots with instruments superimposed around the edge of the screen. 'IF' they are still part of the design it would be great to be able to move them onto a second screen. (I'ld use it!)

And will gauge usage be supported in multiplayer? (Don't come with the argument that its not fair for persons who don't have a 2nd monitor or full working simpit.

I don't think that was the reason why device link(the method of getting the data for the guages) was disabled for multiplayer.

I think the reason stated for it not being enabled for multiplayer, was that there was information obtainable from device link that were not available to pilots in WWII.

People would be able to make indicators that were not avaliable in WWII and would allow them to ride the performance envelope giving them an unfair advantage over someone who didn't have them.

The following list are the functions disabled in multi player. (taken from the device link file on the distribution.) Most would be fine but there are a few that are a bit iffy.

Also having the info displayed on a sim pit instrument would be cool, but there is nothing stoping someone grabbing the information and creating a modern overlayed HUD (similar to the was Teamspeak displays info on the screen - Hmmm! sound like a good project ;) )

---------------------------
2. Parameters - instruments readings.

In current version, this section is disabled while playing the game over the
net.

speedometer_indicated
30 get()
return: float [km/h] +0.00 +inf

variometer
32 get()
return: float [m/s] -inf +inf

slip
34 get()
return: float [deg.] -45.00 +45.00

turn
36 get()
return: float [undefined] -1.00 +1.00
turn indicator

angular_speed
38 get()
return: float [deg./s] -inf +inf

altimeter
40 get()
return: float [m] +0.00 +inf

azimuth
42 get()
return: float [deg.] +0.00 +359.(9)

beacon_azimuth
44 get()
return: float [deg.] +0.00 +359.(9)

roll
46 get()
return: float [deg.] -180.00 +180.00

pitch
48 get()
return: float [deg.] -90.00 +90.00

fuel
50 get()
return: float [kg.] +0.00 +inf

overload
52 get()
return: float [undefined] -inf +inf

shake_level
54 get()
return: float [undefined] +0.00 +1.00

gear_pos_l
56 get()
left gear "leg" position

gear_pos_r
58 get()
right gear "leg" position

gear_pos_c
60 get()
central gear position

magneto
62 get(int - engine idx)
return: int [undefined] +0 +3

rpm
64 get(int - engine idx)
return: float [rpm] +0.00 +inf

manifold
66 get(int - engine idx)
return: float [bar] +0.00 +inf

temp_oilin
68 get(int - engine idx)
return: float [deg.C] -273.00 +inf

temp_oilout
70 get(int - engine idx)

temp_water
72 get(int - engine idx)

temp_cylinders
74 get(int - engine idx)

-------------------------------------------------

Cheers!

ghodan
01-18-2011, 06:52 PM
So now that we are close to release.
Official announcement is behind us etc.

Can you please spill the beans on gauge output?

How wil it work in Cliffs of dover?

Official drag and drop style like flight sim x or menu option to have instruments on your 2nd monitor?
Or will it be do it yourself style again like IL2?

And if its do it yourself style, will online use be supported?

italo4
01-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Yes, a modern flight simulation should integrate a gauge output on a second screen like available in MSFS already for several years! Possibility of output of map and additional external view on a second screen would also be welcome!

Feedback to this question from developers side would be great, Harald

Qpassa
01-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Has Natural Point payed to OM team to protect 6dof output?

Wiskey-Charlie
01-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi guys,

By the way, did you guys see the new awesome metal combat rudder pedals from Saitek?
http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/compedals.html

Will be awsome combo with Thrustmaster Warthog. :cool:

CoD will continue with DeviceLink

Out with the old.....IL2-1946 & UDPSpeed

In with the new....CoD and FCIProject for Hardware & graphic gauges

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=6151097409&r=6151097409#6151097409

Gary now has all the blind flying gauges as well as the RPM gauge reading and functioning to IL2's Devicelink for Hardware (Flight Illusion) gauges. CoD's DeviceLink Maybe will require small tweaking of code.

For the FCIProject's Java code to drive 2nd monitor virtual gauges, Gary needs a willing computer graphics programmer type person to get on board. Any CoD simmers who are computer graphics programmers out there?

This sounds to me like a golden opportunity for the community, but without interest from the community, I'm sure Gary will lose interest.

Concerning Saitek's new Combat pedals, I grabbed a pair & have been using them for a couple weeks now. I like them.

ghodan
02-25-2011, 08:58 PM
:(
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=228407&postcount=96

No gauge output at release.

JAMF
02-25-2011, 09:18 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=6151097409&r=6151097409#6151097409

Gary now has all the blind flying gauges as well as the RPM gauge reading and functioning to IL2's Devicelink for Hardware (Flight Illusion) gauges. CoD's DeviceLink Maybe will require small tweaking of code.

For the FCIProject's Java code to drive 2nd monitor virtual gauges, Gary needs a willing computer graphics programmer type person to get on board. Any CoD simmers who are computer graphics programmers out there?

I hope someone does. It would be nice if the same graphics/textures from the game could be used and the layout of other cockpits main panel could be recreated.

Skoshi Tiger
04-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Bump!

Any work of dievice Link interface for COD?
A lot of perople are talking about flight models it would e useful to be able to log actual values from the game

Cheers!

bolox
07-27-2011, 12:47 AM
a little bump for this

would really like some form of official statement as i'm sure i'm not the only one thinking of a pit build for CLoD and some idea of what (and how) we will be able to input/output data would enable us to get an idea of which route(s) to choose

KeBrAnTo
10-18-2011, 11:56 AM
a little bump for this

would really like some form of official statement as i'm sure i'm not the only one thinking of a pit build for CLoD and some idea of what (and how) we will be able to input/output data would enable us to get an idea of which route(s) to choose

+1

I read some info related to classes for scripting published by some users but I do not see clear the way to use them in order to run a "Client-side" script that would be able to manage an external gauge developed software, all I've seen are "server-side" scripts which have no use for this purpose.

I know how to develop in .NET, but I didn't have enough time to go through this yet anyway. I do plan to develop something in order to make the gauges work on a secondary screen or something like that so I can use them on my homemade cockpit.

Anyway, I think this should be done either using client-side script to create some kind of interface with a .NET app or adding some kind of output to a file from the game by the dev team so we can read that file and use it the same way.

I and I bet a lot of people would love dev team to make an official statement regarding this, or release some kind of information related to this subject so the community can move on.