PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Find Weakness - Limit?

ckdamascus
10-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Hey, pretty sure i had a 30% bonus against Devilfish, now it is no longer on my list. I checked fairly often to make sure my list never got reset.

Is there a limit? Does that mean if I don't fight a monster often enough, it might get knocked off the list? That sort of sucks, but I guess it is fair.

Anyone know if there is a hard limit to the list and if what I described is happening to others?

terrypchan
10-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Most likely your stat is still there. It has just scrolled off the bottom of the list. The display box only has enough room for about 20 or so items. Very shortly you'll probably hit the "Assassin Find Weakness" bug, which crashes the game all the way back to Windows desktop.

If you really want to see the full list for your assassins, the only way (until this bug is fully fixed) is to use a tool like KBScanner and then search the file savedata.txt for the word "assassin_exp". My current assassin list has 48 entries in it, and every time I accidentally mouse over the assassins profile, the game crashes all the way back to the windows7 desktop.

ckdamascus
10-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Most likely your stat is still there. It has just scrolled off the bottom of the list. The display box only has enough room for about 20 or so items. Very shortly you'll probably hit the "Assassin Find Weakness" bug, which crashes the game all the way back to Windows desktop.

If you really want to see the full list for your assassins, the only way (until this bug is fully fixed) is to use a tool like KBScanner and then search the file savedata.txt for the word "assassin_exp". My current assassin list has 48 entries in it, and every time I accidentally mouse over the assassins profile, the game crashes all the way back to the windows7 desktop.

You are right! I have about 23 items on the list that is why I could not see it. My bonuses are still there.

I thought my version (non-steam) has the hotfix applied, therefore I should be immune to the bug?

I guess I will find out when I hit 48 entries, although I've stopped using my assassins for now.