PDA

View Full Version : Cannot mod AP after CW installed

Sir Whiskers
10-03-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or if the location of the AP mod folder has changed.

I modded the original hero.txt file for KB:AP (added some dragon eggs to starting inventory). Worked fine my first two games. The file is in King's Bounty.Armored Princess/Data/Mods. I later added the contract heroes mod, that puts an asterisk by any enemy heroes that are part of a quest. It also worked fine.

I removed the files and installed Crossworlds via Impulse. I copied the files back into the AP folder, and into the King's Bounty.Armored Princess/Sessions/Orcs folder. The hero.txt modifications work fine for an OotM campaign, but not an AP campaign. In addition, the contract hero mod no longer works for AP.

I've tried copying the files into the King's Bounty.Armored Princess/Sessions/Addon folder, but no luck. At this point, I cannot find a location for the modded files to work with the original campaign.

Any ideas?

magister
10-05-2010, 05:12 AM
Here another example.
A camera mod as you everybody knows, is worked very well on each campaign when it's in /session/orcs(or champion, defender)/mods, but do not work on origianl AP whether it's in /session/addon/mods nor /data/mods. I put it in every directory under Kings Bounty Armored Princess but it didn't.
It only worked when I replace it an orginal file(/session/addon/ses.kfs/camera.txt) :(

And here another example too.
I made an translation mod for non-english user, and there's very strange thing.
It worked fine when there's no additional camapaign(in other words, eng_windows.lng is woked good), but when I add an new campaign under /session(like item_pack) they did not work correctly(eng_orcs(or champion, defender)_txt.lng aren't worked). Instead they show the original file in each kfs file. It worked only when I replace original file, too

I wonder how mods work. I thinked it worked very well when I just put new file in sub directory in TL and AP. But in CW, they didn't I think :(

Please let me know the way it work fine, except replacing original file.

ps. I'm sorry but I'm not an english user, so please pardon my very poor english :)