PDA

View Full Version : Bug or not - Assassin's Spell Negation

BB Shockwave
10-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I faced LOTS of Assassins in my second game in Orcs on the Marchs, and - let me tell you - they need to be taken out of the field quickly if you are playing for no-loss. So I tried various ways, and - not that I am compaining - oddly some worked, although they shouldn't...

-Faun's Fatigue ability can put the Assassin to sleep for 2 turns, just as it says. What's more, if you use Nightmare afterwards, they will have Fear cast on them. Shouldn't that disappear?

-I did not get the regular Magic Lock spell yet to try whether this works with the spell too, but the Witch Hunter's Magic Lock works fine on Assassins and does not dissipate...

ckdamascus
10-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Not sure on the Faun ability, as I am not familiar with it.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the assassins, but they can only backstab once, and murder once. If they murder (kill a stack), they reload their backstab.

I usually beat them by ensuring no one has their back's exposed! Or, I expose a summon to have them waste their attacks.

Also, you can bait them by having your back exposed, but casting trap so they will teleport into a trap.

onepiece
10-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Liked the one with trap on your back Ckdamascus. Maybe the game needs to have a "looking" direction for a unit (so it doesn't leave it's back exposed)

ckdamascus
10-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Liked the one with trap on your back Ckdamascus. Maybe the game needs to have a "looking" direction for a unit (so it doesn't leave it's back exposed)

To be fair, this was not my idea originally. Someone on the forums posted it and I just remembered.

You can sort of "coerce" your guys to avoid having your backs to units. It is just tricky and annoyingly hard if you don't have a lot of movement points. Basically the final movement you do will determine your where your back is.

I think it is fair to make it difficult to change your back facing, or else, assassins would be totally worthless.

BB Shockwave
10-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Yeah, I used the Trap strategy myself. But the point is rather, Assassins should be immune to Sleep and Fear effect, so I think this is a bug. Only Hypnotize can affect them otherwise.

onepiece
10-05-2010, 01:07 AM
It should be a bug as you point correctly BBShockwave (unless of course the description is not correct)