PDA

View Full Version : Phantomed Shaman do not start with adrenaline

ckdamascus
10-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Now perhaps this is overpowered if this is allowed, but it is a little nutty since a shaman who will only last 3 turns might never get enough adrenaline to even do his dancing axes.

It might also be hard to code for since I imagine the phantomed units are taken from the base of the unit. Adrenaline was probably hacked POST the initial battle, so the base unit doesn't have adrenaline.

Bleh. :(

DrAtomic1
10-02-2010, 10:20 PM
All phantomed units are fresh out of the box (i.e. phantom an engineer squad who had all their abilities spend and you'll get a phantomed squad with all abilities available). So it makes sense that the adrenaline of orcs is 0 when phantomed (except for maybe what skill modifiers should give the squad).

I think bottomline phantom is just not a very usefull spell to use with orc shamans unless you are going to use them to tank, then again their are plenty of adreline spells that are orc specific and dont do anything to other troops.

Bottomline, my take would be working as intended.

ckdamascus
10-02-2010, 11:24 PM
All phantomed units are fresh out of the box (i.e. phantom an engineer squad who had all their abilities spend and you'll get a phantomed squad with all abilities available). So it makes sense that the adrenaline of orcs is 0 when phantomed (except for maybe what skill modifiers should give the squad).

I think bottomline phantom is just not a very usefull spell to use with orc shamans unless you are going to use them to tank, then again their are plenty of adreline spells that are orc specific and dont do anything to other troops.

Bottomline, my take would be working as intended.

But shaman DO start with adrenaline due to the enraged ability. Every shaman starts with adrenaline when you start battle, so why shouldn't they start with it when they are phantomed?

It's clearly a bug, but, whether or not it is "imbalanced" is another story.

DrAtomic1
10-03-2010, 07:34 PM
But shaman DO start with adrenaline due to the enraged ability. Every shaman starts with adrenaline when you start battle, so why shouldn't they start with it when they are phantomed?

It's clearly a bug, but, whether or not it is "imbalanced" is another story.

Agreed, should have adrenaline from skills/items.