PDA

View Full Version : Bug: able to summon untis of size 0

DrAtomic1
09-29-2010, 02:22 PM
Description: when you summon a unit it creates a unit with an unit size of 0.

Reproduce: errr tricky, but I had it happen both with thorns as well as with a single dwarf engineer. Single engineer summons droid and a droid appears with a size of 0. When that droid is hit it dies immediatly as if it doesnt have hit points; i.e. last time I had it happen the 0 unit sized guard droid died on a single hit of 12 points damage. It's like the 'if summon <0 check then summon =1 function' doesnt work or doesnt exist.

ckdamascus
09-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Description: when you summon a unit it creates a unit with an unit size of 0.

Reproduce: errr tricky, but I had it happen both with thorns as well as with a single dwarf engineer. Single engineer summons droid and a droid appears with a size of 0. When that droid is hit it dies immediatly as if it doesnt have hit points; i.e. last time I had it happen the 0 unit sized guard droid died on a single hit of 12 points damage. It's like the 'if summon <0 check then summon =1 function' doesnt work or doesnt exist.

Actually, I consider this a feature. Early on the game, that is a really valuable tank, even if it only takes one hit, that's one lost turn for the enemy.

Just guard with those droids or have them pick up stuff. Never attack, since they will never survive the counterattack.

DrAtomic1
09-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Actually, I consider this a feature. Early on the game, that is a really valuable tank, even if it only takes one hit, that's one lost turn for the enemy.

Just guard with those droids or have them pick up stuff. Never attack, since they will never survive the counterattack.

Sure they are still usefull for the reasons given by you, but the bug is that you shouldnt be able to have an unit that doesnt exist... The unit count should be a minimum of 1 not 0... :P

ckdamascus
09-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Sure they are still usefull for the reasons given by you, but the bug is that you shouldnt be able to have an unit that doesnt exist... The unit count should be a minimum of 1 not 0... :P

Oh sorry, I didn't read carefully enough to see your suggestion of raising the minimum to 1. Hmmm I guess it wouldn't be that overpowered and it would be consistent with stuff like resurrecting units that are at full health.

e.g. 4 out of 5 trolls, 4th troll at full health, 1 inquisitor can still raise the troll even though its ability can't revive it totally with full health.

DrAtomic1
09-29-2010, 03:23 PM
I went with the easy solution ('if summon <0 then summon =1 function') but jeah your solution is even more clean, where you would summon 1 unit with a limited number of health points, i.e. a damaged unit.

Anyway, solution is up to the devs... I can live with either solution as long as it isnt a zero sized unit lol.