PDA

View Full Version : Bug: enemies not loosing AP on trap

DrAtomic1
09-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi,

Bug: enemies are not loosing their AP when hitting a trap.

Reproduce: enemy hasnt moved yet in the turn and is pulled or pushed on a trap by one of your abilities or units.

Effect: enemy takes damage but doesnt loose it's AP and will get to spend their AP like they didnt get trapped at all.

Example: You place a trap in front of your guard droids who have move order 1 in turn 1 and pull skeletons who have move order 2 onto that trap. The skeletons take damage but then proceed with their move order 2 as if nothing happened to them at all, whilst they should have lost all their AP (not their counterstrike ability).

Expected behaviour: You place a trap in front of your guard droids who have move order 1 in turn 1 and pull skeletons who have move order 2 onto that trap. The skeletons take damage and loose their AP and thus their move order 2 for this turn, countrer strike ability is reset (so that they will counter strike if hit by another unit) and unit who had move order number 3 should now get move order 2. I.e. the expected behavior is what the description of the trap spell says and how it works if the unit walks onto the trap during their move order.

ckdamascus
10-01-2010, 12:49 PM
I can confirm this. Trap seems to no longer work (besides doing damage, it no longer drains/halts the enemy's turn).

rancor26
10-01-2010, 01:27 PM
But is it intended to be that way or is it a bug?

ckdamascus
10-01-2010, 02:33 PM
But is it intended to be that way or is it a bug?

True, it is possible that it was a nerf, but the description does not indicate otherwise.

I would say the release notes did not mention this, but there were a lot of subtle changes that were not documented either.

DrAtomic1
10-02-2010, 10:14 PM
If it was a nerf then they wouldnt loose their AP when they walk into a trap in their turn, yet it does.

ckdamascus
10-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Ok, maybe I should double check that battle again. I just saw they had a turn to do things, but forgot if they actually do stuff and heard someone else mention it.