PDA

View Full Version : Debir Mystic Tower - Very Unstable

ckdamascus
09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
In the one match where you can't use certain abilities (greenish floor), the enemy skeletons spam "warp gates" and it keeps saying "due to the powerful magical nature, you can't use this skill" but the AI kept doing it, so I had to click through like 500 times literally to continue the game during battle AND after battle.

I just fought in the fire room with 8 black dragons (I think paladins are a better choice haha) and a demon portal, the game crashed to desktop. I have never had that happen before with KB (after playing too many hours).

Something is definitely a bit lacking due to the strangeness of that area.

Jah
09-29-2010, 12:37 PM
In the one match where you can't use certain abilities (greenish floor), the enemy skeletons spam "warp gates" and it keeps saying "due to the powerful magical nature, you can't use this skill" but the AI kept doing it, so I had to click through like 500 times literally to continue the game during battle AND after battle.

This happened to me too last night. I didn't have to click hundreds of times, but it was still pretty annoying - I didn't even know what was causing it.

ckdamascus
09-29-2010, 02:48 PM
This happened to me too last night. I didn't have to click hundreds of times, but it was still pretty annoying - I didn't even know what was causing it.

Yeah, the cause was the AI was trying to do a restricted move, which normally would do the "pop up" to tell you to not do it.

But, the AI kept doing it. (kept telling the skeletons to use warp gates) I was surprised it did not loop forever. It would eventually choose a new command but it took a LONG time.

It is sort of tricky to fix. The easy approach was just to do a universal pop up. Obviously, not a good idea since the AI can trigger this. :)

I suppose all they need is a conditional in there to tell it to simply not try to do [insert list of restricted moves] at all in the decision tree for the AI.

What is freaky is that, it still buffered all of those commands even AFTER I won the match. Maybe the game had some kind of built in "top cap limit" on the number of errors in the buffer.

I thought it was a doomed game, but I kept clicking the pop up and it eventually went away.

I suppose from that angle, it was well written. :)

DrAtomic1
10-02-2010, 10:29 PM
In the fourth floor fight (copy of your army, but a single unit all the time) the unit numbers of the enemy are based off the army you entered the tower with and not the numbers that you are using from the free troops (stack size).

Not sure if this is by design and meant to be that way but it boils down to me entering the tower with 1 unit in each slot and only having to fight 5 enemies in total, in theory that is havent tested that out, i beat that level by taking one stack of pirates and splitting it out over all my slots and raged then enemy to death in combination with killing of the remaining 2 stacks by warping my pirates to a chest nearby).

DrAtomic1
10-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Also the tower is great for abusing it for artifact upgrades and it allows you to keep the scrolls you take for free when you leave the tower.

Edit: love the tower btw and how it allows you to experiment with different combos.