PDA

View Full Version : kb.exe does not work

Jiggen
09-28-2010, 07:05 AM
Hi

i just purchased KB: AP per Steam.

It starts perfectly but when i click on next-button after choosing the class, there first ist the loading seqence then, some video seems to start but is interrupted immediatly by Windows 7 which tells me "kb.exe does not work anymore" the game gets closed and windows cheers me up that they will notice me when they found a solution.

as i dont think that microsoft really will, i thought some of you maybe know what to do? As the game starts normally i dont think its something about steam...

Nike-it
09-28-2010, 07:13 AM
Hi

i just purchased KB: AP per Steam.

It starts perfectly but when i click on next-button after choosing the class, there first ist the loading seqence then, some video seems to start but is interrupted immediatly by Windows 7 which tells me "kb.exe does not work anymore" the game gets closed and windows cheers me up that they will notice me when they found a solution.

as i dont think that microsoft really will, i thought some of you maybe know what to do? As the game starts normally i dont think its something about steam...

On what PC do you play? It can be caused by the resolution conflict ussue. You can try to manualy set you default screen resolution in game.ini (\My Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Princess). Open it with notepad.

Jiggen
09-28-2010, 09:16 AM
it's an Intel core i5 with ATI Radeon HD 5450

the first( i guess they concern resolution) original entries in game.ini are

setf ~screenresoultionx 0
setf ~screenresoultiony 0
setf ~windowed 0
setf ~aspectratiox 0
setf ~aspectratioy 0

what do you suppose i should enter?

thx for the fast reply btw

Nike-it
09-28-2010, 09:33 AM
it's an Intel core i5 with ATI Radeon HD 5450

the first( i guess they concern resolution) original entries in game.ini are

setf ~screenresoultionx 0
setf ~screenresoultiony 0
setf ~windowed 0
setf ~aspectratiox 0
setf ~aspectratioy 0

what do you suppose i should enter?

thx for the fast reply btw

You should enter your screen resolution, for example I have the following:

setf ~screenresoultionx 1280
setf ~screenresoultiony 1024

and do not edit anything else. And pay attention that you should edit the game.ini in My docs folder, not in the game folder.

Jiggen
09-28-2010, 10:11 AM
hmmmm

the folder of KB:AP in 'my documents' is empty and when i change the one in the 'steamapps' folder its still the same no matter what resolution i try...

Nike-it
09-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Strange, try to copy the game.ini to my docs / AP folder and change the resolution again.

Jiggen
09-28-2010, 10:55 AM
still the same with every resolution...

Nike-it
09-28-2010, 10:58 AM
still the same with every resolution...

Try to send dxdiag to our support (support@1cpublishing.eu), maybe they have a solution.

Jiggen
09-28-2010, 11:03 AM
btw where can i see if my graphic card supports 2.0 shaders?

Jiggen
09-28-2010, 11:04 AM
sorry dxdiag???

Nike-it
09-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Your card supports Shaders 2.0 and higher. Don't understand about dxdiag, what's the problem?

Jiggen
09-28-2010, 11:14 AM
ahhh found it thx