PDA

View Full Version : crash to desktop (steam version)

jake21
09-27-2010, 10:12 PM
During combat (I'm in dwarf underground) I've just had two crash to desktop during combat. No cluse if the game logs something in a hidden log but there were no errors messsages of any sort.

OS is win xp sp3 32 bit; 8800GTS graphic card. I'm around level 23 and these are the first two crashes I've had.

Would provide more details if I knew where to find them under windows (i'm a linux sort of guy and on linux I would run the game in gdb and provide a stack trace).

Nike-it
09-28-2010, 05:32 AM
During combat (I'm in dwarf underground) I've just had two crash to desktop during combat. No cluse if the game logs something in a hidden log but there were no errors messsages of any sort.

OS is win xp sp3 32 bit; 8800GTS graphic card. I'm around level 23 and these are the first two crashes I've had.

Would provide more details if I knew where to find them under windows (i'm a linux sort of guy and on linux I would run the game in gdb and provide a stack trace).

Please send DirectX report (Start -> Run -> dxdiag) to our support team (support@1cpublishing.ru).

zebow2002
09-28-2010, 12:27 PM
I have the same problem, I can walk around as lang as I want, after some battles it crashes, always during the battles.

I tried different settings, update all drivers etc, nothing, my dxdiag is flawless. No heating issues.

Very annoying.

Sent mail to support.

Steam version.

Nike-it
09-28-2010, 12:39 PM
I have the same problem, I can walk around as lang as I want, after some battles it crashes, always during the battles.

I tried different settings, update all drivers etc, nothing, my dxdiag is flawless. No heating issues.

Very annoying.

Sent mail to support.

Steam version.

The game crashes in all campaigns or only in one? Does it show any error message?

jake21
09-28-2010, 02:52 PM
For me I was playing the orc campaign. The two crashes I reported are the only two so far and as I noted no error messages of any sort; and nothing odd with memory usage or similar.

The game crashes in all campaigns or only in one? Does it show any error message?

Dwagginz
09-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Have you tried verifying the cache integrity?

Right click the game, go to "Properties", then the Local Files tab and then click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache". If you have any problematic game files, it will find them and should fix them.

Vidocq666
09-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I've had the same, and it was definitely possible to reproduce. I'll see if I can find a save before such a fight.

Nike-it
09-29-2010, 05:59 AM
I've had the same, and it was definitely possible to reproduce. I'll see if I can find a save before such a fight.

It will be great if you find it, as this will save a lot of time for devs to fix the crash.