PDA

View Full Version : AP Crossworld editor, 11 GB???????

N3MES1S
09-26-2010, 09:31 AM
OMFG, i just was going to install the crossworld editor when i go to the steam tools section to do it and it says me that I NEED 11 GB OF SPACE ! ! ! ! ! is the editor that big?????? omfg, i only had 9 gb left on the hard drive :( but cant believe the editor is that big... u can modify the whole game with it?? :confused:

Chefman
09-27-2010, 03:41 AM
the texture files are that big I'm afraid. Can I please ask you, where did you get that big file? I've been trying to find it so I can use the editor but no one is helping me. From Steam? Impulse? here?

Nike-it
09-27-2010, 06:16 AM
OMFG, i just was going to install the crossworld editor when i go to the steam tools section to do it and it says me that I NEED 11 GB OF SPACE ! ! ! ! ! is the editor that big?????? omfg, i only had 9 gb left on the hard drive :( but cant believe the editor is that big... u can modify the whole game with it?? :confused:

It should be a kind of mistake. The editor is not that big, smth like 30 mb.

Chefman
09-27-2010, 07:26 AM
The editor itself is not that big, it's the texture files that are that big.

Nike-it
09-27-2010, 07:34 AM
GOTY edition with editor is 5.61 GB.

Chefman
09-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Steams download of the texture files are 10+ gig (thats what everyone who has downloaded from them are saying.) They said they are uncompressed files and that is why they are so big. This is what the Steam client is saying to peeps who want to download the files from the Tools section. If this is wrong, then Steam has really screwed the pooch somewhere. But if GOTY is 5 gig, then it's possible the 5 gig is compressed and the 10+ files are the same files, only uncompressed.

I'm just trying to get 1 person who knows for sure, where I can download the game with the texture files so the editor will work. There is no place here to download the texture files, or on Impulse that I've seen. Can you tell me where to get the game so I can actually use the editor? Please?

Nike-it
09-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Steams download of the texture files are 10+ gig (thats what everyone who has downloaded from them are saying.) They said they are uncompressed files and that is why they are so big. This is what the Steam client is saying to peeps who want to download the files from the Tools section. If this is wrong, then Steam has really screwed the pooch somewhere. But if GOTY is 5 gig, then it's possible the 5 gig is compressed and the 10+ files are the same files, only uncompressed.

I'm just trying to get 1 person who knows for sure, where I can download the game with the texture files so the editor will work. There is no place here to download the texture files, or on Impulse that I've seen. Can you tell me where to get the game so I can actually use the editor? Please?

Official Word!
The situation is the following: Steam is distributing non compressed textures (almost 10 gb), all other online shops contains the compessed Textures pack (around 2 Gb). All versions are working.

Chefman
09-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Official Word!
The situation is the following: Steam is distributing non compressed textures (almost 10 gb), all other online shops contains the compessed Textures pack (around 2 Gb). All versions are working.

Thank you SOOOO much for your help :grin: I really appreciate the information. Now I can buy the game from Direct2Drive. :D :D Thank you again! :)

saroumana
09-27-2010, 06:15 PM
But where et how can we download this texture pack ? I haven't DL them with impulse, i have checked in the directory and there no option to dl them.

N3MES1S
09-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Thx for the answers, but i see 11gb too huge for textures, even if it are un compressed. Maybe the textures has extreme resolution?? thats the only explanation i could find.. if the textures are more than 1024 resolution, there is a possibilty that 11 gb its really the correct size.. but still.. omg..

Chefman
09-27-2010, 10:10 PM
But where et how can we download this texture pack ? I haven't DL them with impulse, i have checked in the directory and there no option to dl them.

Have you contacted Impulse? Perhaps their customer service can help. Although according to Nike-It that download should have the texture packs in it. The best bet is to contact Impulse's customer service and let them know part of the game is missing from the download and let them know you *want* all the files that go with the game.

I think I'm going to download the game directly from 1C instead of anywhere else. If any download will have the correct files with it, it will be the company that made the game.

Saiko Kila
09-27-2010, 10:14 PM
From my understanding the whole sourcemedia directory is 10.9 GiB, and of these proper textures take only like 400 MiB. The rest is 10.5 GiB folder named "in-progress", which contains uncompressed DDS files, with layout info, for game campaigns. These files are not necessary to create your own campaign at all. They are needed for editing original campaings. And for editing/modifying only - not for viewing, because viewing is possible without the whole big directory at all, the data (including textures) is taken directly from game files then. I don't know why aren't they compressed in this steam distribution. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.