Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > King's Bounty Editor

King's Bounty Editor Info, hints, questions and etc.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

Default AP Crossworld editor, 11 GB???????

OMFG, i just was going to install the crossworld editor when i go to the steam tools section to do it and it says me that I NEED 11 GB OF SPACE ! ! ! ! ! is the editor that big?????? omfg, i only had 9 gb left on the hard drive but cant believe the editor is that big... u can modify the whole game with it??
Old 09-27-2010, 03:41 AM
Approved Member

the texture files are that big I'm afraid. Can I please ask you, where did you get that big file? I've been trying to find it so I can use the editor but no one is helping me. From Steam? Impulse? here?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3MES1S View Post
OMFG, i just was going to install the crossworld editor when i go to the steam tools section to do it and it says me that I NEED 11 GB OF SPACE ! ! ! ! ! is the editor that big?????? omfg, i only had 9 gb left on the hard drive but cant believe the editor is that big... u can modify the whole game with it??
It should be a kind of mistake. The editor is not that big, smth like 30 mb.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

The editor itself is not that big, it's the texture files that are that big.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

GOTY edition with editor is 5.61 GB.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Approved Member

Steams download of the texture files are 10+ gig (thats what everyone who has downloaded from them are saying.) They said they are uncompressed files and that is why they are so big. This is what the Steam client is saying to peeps who want to download the files from the Tools section. If this is wrong, then Steam has really screwed the pooch somewhere. But if GOTY is 5 gig, then it's possible the 5 gig is compressed and the 10+ files are the same files, only uncompressed.

I'm just trying to get 1 person who knows for sure, where I can download the game with the texture files so the editor will work. There is no place here to download the texture files, or on Impulse that I've seen. Can you tell me where to get the game so I can actually use the editor? Please?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefman View Post
Steams download of the texture files are 10+ gig (thats what everyone who has downloaded from them are saying.) They said they are uncompressed files and that is why they are so big. This is what the Steam client is saying to peeps who want to download the files from the Tools section. If this is wrong, then Steam has really screwed the pooch somewhere. But if GOTY is 5 gig, then it's possible the 5 gig is compressed and the 10+ files are the same files, only uncompressed.

I'm just trying to get 1 person who knows for sure, where I can download the game with the texture files so the editor will work. There is no place here to download the texture files, or on Impulse that I've seen. Can you tell me where to get the game so I can actually use the editor? Please?
Official Word!
The situation is the following: Steam is distributing non compressed textures (almost 10 gb), all other online shops contains the compessed Textures pack (around 2 Gb). All versions are working.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike-it View Post
Official Word!
The situation is the following: Steam is distributing non compressed textures (almost 10 gb), all other online shops contains the compessed Textures pack (around 2 Gb). All versions are working.
Thank you SOOOO much for your help I really appreciate the information. Now I can buy the game from Direct2Drive. Thank you again!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

But where et how can we download this texture pack ? I haven't DL them with impulse, i have checked in the directory and there no option to dl them.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

Thx for the answers, but i see 11gb too huge for textures, even if it are un compressed. Maybe the textures has extreme resolution?? thats the only explanation i could find.. if the textures are more than 1024 resolution, there is a possibilty that 11 gb its really the correct size.. but still.. omg..