PDA

View Full Version : More questions about editor's textures

bladeking77
09-25-2010, 04:07 PM
I got a copy of KB:C, but no sign of sourcemedia.exe. There's kbc-setup.exe, kbc-setup.bin 1-4 and bonus_soundtrack.exe, and nothing else. So, here are my questions:

-Why is there no Sourcemedia.exe anywhere, when the manual says that it should be? Am I missing something?
-Why does the editor say I should get the textures from www.kingsbounty.ru, when there's nothing there?
-How much do the compressed textures(sourcemedia.exe) have(in MB's)?
-When there are so many people having problems with textures, why don't developers, or distributors simply post them on their sites, with further explanation on how to use them?

I'm assuming that many people are having trouble with this, because I think that this section would be more popular otherwise.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these questions. :)

rancor26
09-25-2010, 04:14 PM
I got a copy of KB:C, but no sign of sourcemedia.exe. There's kbc-setup.exe, kbc-setup.bin 1-4 and bonus_soundtrack.exe, and nothing else. So, here are my questions:

-Why is there no Sourcemedia.exe anywhere, when the manual says that it should be? Am I missing something?
-Why does the editor say I should get the textures from www.kingsbounty.ru, when there's nothing there?
-How much do the compressed textures(sourcemedia.exe) have(in MB's)?
-When there are so many people having problems with textures, why don't developers, or distributors simply post them on their sites, with further explanation on how to use them?

I'm assuming that many people are having trouble with this, because I think that this section would be more popular otherwise.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these questions. :)

-I dont know
-Developers are russian and they didnt change the site on other versions for some reason
-around 10gb and we are not talking about compressed we are talking about uncompressed
-Developers are russian

There's your answers, lol.

bladeking77
09-25-2010, 04:42 PM
You know, not being able to make new maps is rather sad than funny.:)
I want to know why does the editor say I should get textures from a place, where there aren't any??? It's Lying!
I think that uncompressed textures are 14GB in space, but I thought that in sourcemedia.exe they are Compressed for the sake of saving space(aren't they?)?
The fact that the Devs. are Russian shouldn't be much of a problem, because they can do that in their own(Russian) site.

rancor26
09-25-2010, 05:08 PM
You know, not being able to make new maps is rather sad than funny.:)
I want to know why does the editor say I should get textures from a place, where there aren't any??? It's Lying!
I think that uncompressed textures are 14GB in space, but I thought that in sourcemedia.exe they are Compressed for the sake of saving space(aren't they?)?
The fact that the Devs. are Russian shouldn't be much of a problem, because they can do that in their own(Russian) site.

You have to have uncompressed textures in order to use them and they're around 10gb, devs are mainly at their russian site so not so much support here... If you actuallly get the textures then good luck trying to use them i can't use the textures because the editor crashes everytime i try to use them.

stubbie
09-26-2010, 01:25 PM
So are you saying that basically the editor in it's current form is useless? :confused:

bladeking77
09-26-2010, 02:59 PM
It's not useless if you have the terrain textures. I'm not sure how many people has them, but I Don't, and seeing other posts around here, I'm Assuming that lots of people either didn't get them, or has problem using them... Someone, correct me if I'm wrong.

onepiece
09-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Moderators, if you're listening, please tell us how and where we can download the textures.
Thanks

bladeking77
09-28-2010, 08:25 AM
I would just want to get an answer to one question, hopefully from a moderator, or administrator.

Is it possible for you to upload compressed textures for us to download, or will that not be happening? And if so, why?

From what I understand, many people(including me) are having trouble getting the textures, even though they bought the game, so it would be great to be able to get "just textures" from somewhere.
Thanks in advance for an answer.

Nike-it
09-28-2010, 08:27 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16706