PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! deactivate/uninstall AP

markgil
09-25-2010, 01:06 PM
i purchased crossworlds on impulse but when i go to install it, it says i dont have AP installed (which i do). impulse tech support is telling me to uninstall AP and re-install it but i dont want to burn an activation as i understand there are only 3 with each purchase. so how exactly do i go about deactivating AP so can uninstall it? cant seem to find this info anywhere but i would really like to start playing crossworlds.

thanks!

Nike-it
09-27-2010, 06:19 AM
i purchased crossworlds on impulse but when i go to install it, it says i dont have AP installed (which i do). impulse tech support is telling me to uninstall AP and re-install it but i dont want to burn an activation as i understand there are only 3 with each purchase. so how exactly do i go about deactivating AP so can uninstall it? cant seem to find this info anywhere but i would really like to start playing crossworlds.

thanks!

Use this link for deactivation:
http://www.1cpublishing.eu/support/activation

markgil
09-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Use this link for deactivation:
http://www.1cpublishing.eu/support/activation

thanks for the reply & info. how do i get the required #'s ( Serial number &
Hardware code) if i purchased it on impulse from stardock? i have the email from them when i purchased it and neither # is listed. do i have to contact them to get the #'s?

thanks again!

Nike-it
09-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Hardware code) if i purchased it on impulse from stardock? i have the email from them when i purchased it and neither # is listed. do i have to contact them to get the #'s?

thanks again!

Did you have the activation menu before launching the game? If no, then you definitely should contact Impulse.

markgil
09-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Did you have the activation menu before launching the game? If no, then you definitely should contact Impulse.

no activation menu shows up. i emailed stardock and this is their response:

Hello,

You will need to contact 1C support for this, as we do not support the internal game mechanics.

Please let me know whether this resolves your problem or if you have any additional questions.

Curt Hendzell
Consumer QA Manager
Stardock Corporation

not sure where to go from here and why this is turning out to be so complicated.

Nike-it
09-29-2010, 05:40 AM
no activation menu shows up. i emailed stardock and this is their response:

Hello,

You will need to contact 1C support for this, as we do not support the internal game mechanics.

Please let me know whether this resolves your problem or if you have any additional questions.

Curt Hendzell
Consumer QA Manager
Stardock Corporation

not sure where to go from here and why this is turning out to be so complicated.

It's a big surprise to me too. In any case please write to support@1cpublishing.eu. If smth goes to long please inform me, I'll try to help you.

markgil
09-29-2010, 12:52 PM
It's a big surprise to me too. In any case please write to support@1cpublishing.eu. If smth goes to long please inform me, I'll try to help you.

thanks again Nike-it. i'll email them and see what they say.

kcwong
10-14-2010, 04:43 AM

thanks again!

I have CrossWorlds GoTY edition, so I was going to uninstall and deactivate AP as well. I found that link too, and wondered how to get my machine number. I fiddled around and found the way to get the numbers, although I haven't actually proceed with the deactivation yet.

Try this... (I'm in office right now, so I am recalling the steps from memory)

1) Keep your computer offline, so nothing can be sent to the activation servers (to ensure nothing wrong can happen).
2) Although your AP installation is not recognized, the files are still there right? Go to AP's directory. There should be a file called protect.exe, it is the activation program. Run it.
3) Since your original AP is already installed, the program should come up with your serial number already filled in. Press Next.
4) You should see both serial number and machine number displayed. Copy them, and exit Protect.exe.

Now you can go online and use the link already provided to deactivate.