PDA

View Full Version : Trapper medal bugged

DrAtomic1
09-25-2010, 02:44 AM
Edit: not a bug, app. you need to kill a stack with it not just trap them.

The trapper medal stays put on 0/10 even though I've caught plenty of enemies in traps (the magic spell trap that is). First trap I used I put it behind a mob and slammed him into it with devastating blow, maybe that triggered the bug? Can provide savegame if such is wanted.

Platinum edition of Crossworlds

Pwnd
09-25-2010, 03:32 AM
And are you aware that the trap has to kill the stack to give you the medal? It's not enough just to trap it

DrAtomic1
09-25-2010, 03:55 PM
Ew.... not a bug then, but user error lol! Description could be a bit more clear then.

onepiece
09-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Many description still have the same errors from AP (like paladin's Prayer doesn't affect plant) and the trap medal or the ghost blade.

Katauri, please put more effort on this (we point almost all this errors so you only have to correct them)

DrAtomic1
09-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Level 19 now... Got exactly 4/10 on medal 1 of the trapper, been using it non stop (on average at least 6-7 times per battle). So much that I havent even tried 80% of the spells I have. This medal is simply not fun as it is now, where as other medals you simply get for casting the spell 50 times (stone skin, which I cant get around to getting in the first place because im continously casting trap). IMHO it should be changed to what the description is (just use the damn spell) or the target signifigantly lowered. Dont want to know what the level 2 and 3 targets are.

I always have been a heavy user of traps, now especially with the droids (pull em on a trap) and with the knockback dragon rage spell.

So the description may be off and this medal may be designed to act in this way but I'm personally finding that medal a major pain in the a.. and not fun at all, and if it's not fun it's kinda missing it's purpose wouldnt you say?

Ps. traps have a small bug as well, if you manage to get an enemy on a trap whilst they havent had their turn yet they dont loose their AP for that turn (I'll make a separate thread about it).

Pps. /rant playing Paladin on normal, cleaned rusty anchor, scarlet wind, debir, bolo, about 60-70% of Verona and found the dwarven lands (where I only kited leadership, gold and experience and sneaked in a store to buy enigneers for my droids) and everything that is left over to fight is very strong to invinceable. No paladin units available, no resurrect scroll, no gift scoll... very very frustrating. Ow and Orcs are way overpowered imho. This normal def. feels hard to impossible compared to KB:The Legend. /rant off

Hayte
12-23-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm level 27 and 0/10 on this medal despite using Trap alot since getting it. I've read the discussion on this forum about this one and the pros and cons.

Due to the randomness of the game I got Trap pretty late. How late? Well I got Armageddon from Mesmer's castle before I got Trap so yeah. As an aside, I have yet to find Gift so thank goodness theres no medal tied to that spell. :O

Is it enough to weaken a stack and then deliver the final killing blow with Trap or do you have to kill the entire stack using Trap? The description is so...nebulous. :|

Mandea
12-23-2010, 07:55 AM
You have to deliver the final blow. However, it also works on your own troops. So you can summon some troops and kill them with trap.... :); but I still don't like this medal. It makes the game sooooo long using trap to deliver the final blow. However it's worth getting it for a mage.

edit strange, my own troops don't count as trapped. maybe because of the new patch??

ckdamascus
12-23-2010, 04:42 PM
You have to deliver the final blow. However, it also works on your own troops. So you can summon some troops and kill them with trap.... :); but I still don't like this medal. It makes the game sooooo long using trap to deliver the final blow. However it's worth getting it for a mage.

edit strange, my own troops don't count as trapped. maybe because of the new patch??

You can never use your own troops to be counted as trapped. At least according to numerous threads based on Armored Princess. Summoned troops never count either, so don't waste your "trap setters" on them.

It doesn't make the game so long if you have
a) a very strong trap (level 3 is nice, with destruction :) )
b) a decent crushing blow attack (dragon pet move)
c) emerald dragon - grab
d) engineers - summons the droids that has the harpoon to pull enemies in
e) archmage - telekinesis

Best part is, the trap kills count even after round 10.

Just do the math in your head (how much damage does your trap do, how many units will that kill, then how much damage your 'setter' will do, so you set, trap, get the kill).

If your style of play is trap style, it is extremely worth it, and doesn't really that THAT long.

Word of warning though before you embark on level 3 medal, if your style is a lot of Uncontrollable summons or you are usually running around the field a lot, you might not like having those 3 random traps on the field.

Although, a nifty trick with demonologists and traps is to summon your demons on the trap... if MIGHT trigger their "anger move" and let them move in the first round you summon them. :)

bucazaurus
12-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Although, a nifty trick with demonologists and traps is to summon your demons on the trap... if MIGHT trigger their "anger move" and let them move in the first round you summon them. :)

Usually the paladin's second wind ability , takes care of this problem .;)

Mandea
12-24-2010, 08:09 AM
It doesn't make the game so long if you have
a) a very strong trap (level 3 is nice, with destruction :) )
b) a decent crushing blow attack (dragon pet move)
c) emerald dragon - grab
d) engineers - summons the droids that has the harpoon to pull enemies in
e) archmage - telekinesis

Best part is, the trap kills count even after round 10.

If your style of play is trap style, it is extremely worth it, and doesn't really that THAT long.

yes it does, at least to me and that's all that counts. And you started your explanation with something strange. Level 3 trap means late/mid-game game, I want to have it in the early-game. Not to mention that a warrior with its weak intellect will never have a strong trap not even at level 3. So it's easier to get for the mage.

Elwin
12-24-2010, 08:37 AM
There is no gift spell in AP/CW ...

ckdamascus
12-24-2010, 02:39 PM
yes it does, at least to me and that's all that counts. And you started your explanation with something strange. Level 3 trap means late/mid-game game, I want to have it in the early-game. Not to mention that a warrior with its weak intellect will never have a strong trap not even at level 3. So it's easier to get for the mage.

I just said level 3 trap is nice, not necessary. Some people might not realize that a level 2 trap is MUCH stronger than a level 1 trap. In any event, just use a stronger setter, since warriors have low mana, you want a stronger setter and you can cast a weaker trap or use a stronger one as needed.

Most warriors almost need to get a high level distortion as soon as possible (as opposed to the mage, which can get away with high level order and/or skip distortion in lieu of chaos).

A warrior's crushing blow will be very strong relative to the mage that early in the game.

I just don't think it is worth it for most warriors. Maybe with a ranged build, but most warriors do so much damage with ranged build, the trap would hardly make a difference anyway.

If anything, the trap medal is probably easier to get early game if you get some very strong combination. e.g. think of the 4 archmages you get in scarlet wind. :) Although you probably want to use crushing blow if you are a warrior.

Mana is annoying, you will definitely need mana acceleration and you probably can't do too many traps early game.

If you can manage to squeeze in transmute, that helps a ton since the traps nearly pay for themselves (if you go low level trap).

It should be very easy/fast to do this at least once or twice every battle, so the first medal should be verry fast.

Well, one huge advantage of level 3 trap is, it poisons the enemy. At that point, it hardly matters what initial damage it does if you can get a very big stack to touch it.

Not to mention for the mana consumed, traps are one of the most damage efficient spells in the game. Sad part, is even then, you are better off not doing damage spells at all with a warrior. :) (at least in Impossible difficulty).

bucazaurus
12-24-2010, 03:35 PM
To get trap medal early on (Pick the Blue Pet Dragon at start , so you will be sure you start with Mana Accelerator) you need to steal some maps and make as many quests, witch not require fighting , as you can.By doing this you will get enough levels,rune and Leadership banners to be able to hire 5 Archmages and learn Distorsion magic to register the spell (will be best if you can learn Order magic too). You need to do this before doing any fighting in starting island . Once you have 5 Archmage, split them in 5 stacks and start clearing Debir.
Hit the enemy troops in first round to build up Rage and to get some of them shocked .
Second turn cast Trap near the weakest troop , put the Pet Dragon to push the enemy troop into it and use Magic Shield with all Archmages . Be sure the troop gets killed by that trap, if not , weaken the troop more before you push her.
After that just repeat the process.(Sometime you can use telekinesis skill if some troops has bypassed your traps) .Keep building Rage to use Pet Dragon's abilities but don't finish the fight before turn 10 so you can make full use of Archmage's Magic Shield skill, witch will help you get Guardian Angel medal to lvl 3 as soon as possible. ( 25 per fight = 16 fights to max the medal) . Good Luck.

Mandea
12-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Steal maps? No thanks, I hate cheating and even if kitting can't be considered cheating I will refer to it as cheating.
ckdamascus: I don't need all those calculations, thank you. I can't stand chess and I don't want to turn KB into a chess game. I just want to have fun in my own way.

bucazaurus
12-24-2010, 10:15 PM
First two maps (Scarlet Wind and Bolo ) are usually unguarded. Most of the time same thing happen with Rusty Anchor map . So steal maps doesn't necessary means kitting . It's just a term. Those 3 islands should be enough to help you start getting the medals you want right from the beginning. You don't have to kite for maps all the way to Reha. But if you don't want to leave Debir before killing all troops in there , then don't expect to have the trap medal maxed early game . A compromise has to be made if you want to achieve that.

ckdamascus
12-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Usually the paladin's second wind ability , takes care of this problem .;)

Bah, why waste my second wind when I can get it for "free" and use it on some other imbalanced unit. :) Mwhaha. ;)