PDA

View Full Version : Kraken hits without animation?

DGDobrev
09-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Well, I'm just doing the kraken fight in champion of the arena with a single stack of royal thorns. I did the usual troll strategy - put the thorns between two tentacles, but this time, I decided to kill the left one so that I can hide in the corner and have only 2 stacks of devilfish attacking me.

That turns out to be wrong. I suffer hits by the kraken as well, but there is absolutely no animation, no tentacle swing or slap, no water splash, nothing to indicate an attack - only the damage numbers show up.

EDIT: HMMMM. BUMMER. I have noticed something else that kinda makes me consider this a bug. When the no-animation kraken attack happens, the royal thorns do a retaliation animation (they also hit, but hit the thin air, no damage numbers appear). That's not good... At first I thought some of the devilfish do that, but that's not the case because no damage numbers show up - EDIT: as you can see from the third screen, the thorns do look a little odd, as if they just attacked.

EDIT: Oh-kay... I made another screenshot, which clearly shows that I am being hit by an invisible tentacle. Although this is not recommended for the thorns strat, I used the royal thorns to summon some reinforcements - and guess what - the invisible tentacle promptly hit both stacks, as you can see from the 4th screenshot.

The first screen indicates my position, the second one I made for the battle log, where you can see I have suffered a hit in this position. The third screenshot shows the hit of 299 damage and the fading out devilfish hit for 50 something damage, which is not a concern at all. As you can see, I suffer this hit as soon as the adrenaline animation appears.

Is that supposed to happen? It's as if the destroyed tentacle is still slapping my poor thorns :) If this is not supposed to happen, I guess the only way around it is to do the tactic of 1-hit tentacles (use spells to drop all tentacles to 1-hit kill while hiding between any 2 of them so that only a single stack of devilfish can attack you).

Rather weird.

rancor26
09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Yep i already told about this bug before the official game release but it seems nobody is listening... there's actually a lot of bugs to be fixed i hope the developers will release a patch soon... for example even though i got the textures on editor now i can't use them because everytime i use a texture couple of times the editor freezes and i mean EVERYTIME. :-x

DGDobrev
09-23-2010, 02:37 PM
If they're not listening, maybe it's meant to be this way. Otherwise the battle will be too easy. Simply kill the left/right tentacle, then laugh at the kraken because he can't do wnything to you :)

rancor26
09-23-2010, 02:45 PM
If they're not listening, maybe it's meant to be this way. Otherwise the battle will be too easy. Simply kill the left/right tentacle, then laugh at the kraken because he can't do wnything to you :)

No if you fight "white kraken" in orcs on the march campaign you'll notice he has hit animation when attacking that particular tentacle and he has the same style of fighting as kraken and same model (except white)

DGDobrev
09-23-2010, 03:15 PM
You mean if the tentacle is destroyed, you still get an attack animation? In my case, the tentacle is completely destroyed - or I may have misunderstood what you're trying to say here :)

rancor26
09-23-2010, 03:29 PM
You mean if the tentacle is destroyed, you still get an attack animation? In my case, the tentacle is completely destroyed - or I may have misunderstood what you're trying to say here :)

The two tentacles next to the middle tentacle (left and right) are glitched (you cant destroy those tentacles thats not a bug). Only thing missing is the attack animation though everything else is correct but instead doing kraken attack animation when that tentacle attacks you, your unit that attacked the tentacle (either far left tentacle from the right or far right tentacle from the left) will do his attack animation twice (the second animation is actually supposed to be kraken tentacle attack animation) and after that receive damage. Pretty hard to explain with words but easy to explain with video or pictures lol.

DGDobrev
09-23-2010, 08:29 PM
OH, I understand :) So this is why my thorns were doing retaliation animation after they took the damage. That was their harakiri-style fighting :P

I got it now :)