PDA

View Full Version : Demon Portal prevents end of combat if..

Zechnophobe
09-21-2010, 07:13 PM
I feel like this is a bug, and it has existed for a while.

If the turn order is roughly like:

Unit 1 - unit 2 - unit 3 - unit 4 - Portal troops appear

And unit 4 kills the last standing troop, the portal troops (from the demon portal cast by an opposing hero) will appear afterwards, continuing the fight. It is similar to The Legend where poison could hit one more time before the end of a fight.

Shouldn't battle end be checked at the end of a units turn, not the beginning?

axelle
09-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Shouldn't battle end be checked at the end of a units turn, not the beginning?

there is probably technical difficulties.

for example, if you fight the spider boss with a single stack of vampire, the battle field will be filled with spiders, so like 20+ teams of them. checking if battle should end after every single unit will probably greatly slow down the game...

DGDobrev
09-21-2010, 09:59 PM
The spider example is a different matter. First of all, you need to kill all stacks of spiders to actually win this battle.

I found a similar thing, but with different mechanics. Black Dragons are supposed to be immune to all magic, but hero-cast plague affects them, and cannot be dispelled because he is immune to dispel :P I guess the BD's are not so immune to magic afterall :)

Zechnophobe
09-21-2010, 10:47 PM
The spider example is a different matter. First of all, you need to kill all stacks of spiders to actually win this battle.

I found a similar thing, but with different mechanics. Black Dragons are supposed to be immune to all magic, but hero-cast plague affects them, and cannot be dispelled because he is immune to dispel :P I guess the BD's are not so immune to magic afterall :)

I've always wondered why BD's can get plagued. It makes for a pretty impressive debuff I must say. Drops their health and defense down by a goodly chunk.

onepiece
09-22-2010, 01:54 AM
But BD are inmune to enemy casted plague? If I remember correctly there's another spell that can also affect them but I don't remember which one is it.

ckdamascus
09-22-2010, 02:05 AM
Because it is the Black Plague... har har. Get it? Black Plague?

Well it seems like the theme of this game with regards to dragons is they are weak against poison... so when they are revived, they are full of poison and resistance to such as Mr Bone Dragon.

:)

Jatekos
12-29-2010, 11:47 PM
But BD are inmune to enemy casted plague? If I remember correctly there's another spell that can also affect them but I don't remember which one is it.

Bowman's freezing affect them as well, causing serious loss of defense (and perhaps attack, but I'm not sure of it)