PDA

View Full Version : Bugs/errors in CrossWorlds

Grendor
09-21-2010, 04:42 AM
Hello,

I am just going to post some bugs I found while trying to play crossworlds Steampowered games digital version.

1) In the expansion on the first island the University choice are linked to the wrong choices. Meaning when i select news it opens the buy/trade window and other choices are also linked wrong in the university.

2) Edited out as I found answer to question 2

3) The island names are not shown on the map unless you hover pointer above each island.

4) I am not to sure about this issue but I think it is a code issue. I find Crossworlds very jerky like the cpu and graphics are fighting to keep up. If I play AP all set on high i dont have any issue, or any other game that I own except Crossworlds. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit 8gb ram 3tb hard drive space Radeon HD 5770 video card and an intel core 2 quad Q8200 2.33ghz processor. I haven't yet applied the latest ATi drivers and will be doing that shortly.

Other than those issues i am still on the first island about to go to the 2nd island. I love the series but cant really have fun with crossworlds because of bugs 2 & 3 I listed. I just hope the health and damage meter get added to the game like AP and the Map names.

Thanks
Gren

Wisely
09-21-2010, 07:23 AM
No issues on this setup. I am getting a constant 60fps which means no lag and no delays while in-game. You might have programs running in the background eating up your CPU/RAM.

Athlon 64 3200+ 1.99GHz
1GB of RAM
Radeon X1950PRO
Windows XP

The only problem I am having is that the COTA campaign takes long to load.

Zechnophobe
09-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Level 2 Persuasion does not give +1 morale to Engineers, but does to Alchemists. I assume this is a bug.

Wisely
09-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Bug: Paladins cannot resurrect Evil Beholders, but Inquisitors can.

EDIT: Bug fixed. Looks like they can't be dead/fallen. Must have at least 1 standing.

Grendor
09-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Ok now I have an error message in the game/desktop while playing Crossworlds.

The error that comes up on the desktop says the following:

"label not found:add_blog_shaman_trophy_spent_2 "

The game locks up when i get the error and on the error box on desktop I have 3 options retry, ignore, cancel.

If I try retry it pops up again, if i click ignore the game closes and same thing with cancel option.

Attached is a screenshot of the error.

Thanks
Gren

Mandea
09-23-2010, 05:51 AM
I encountered the same error. I hit ignore but before the fight was over, the game completely crashed.

Nike-it
09-23-2010, 06:44 AM
I already answered about this bug in another thread. We know about it and try to fix it ASAP. Please do not double post the bugs.

Grendor
09-23-2010, 06:52 AM
I already answered about this bug in another thread. We know about it and try to fix it ASAP. Please do not double post the bugs.

Hello,

Sorry about the post I did not find the same bug when i searched I found similar bug with the number 1 at end, which is why I posted about the number 2.

I will take longer searching next time.

Thanks and sorry again.
Gren

Mrzafka
09-23-2010, 08:14 AM
As you can see in the attachment, the detailed info for Ball of Lightning doesn't appear. The skill works fine, just the tooltip is wrong. I'm running the Steam version.

And also could you check hit points for Orc Shaman? After gaining some adrenaline level (I think 3) his hit points are supposed to increase by 50, but it seems to work straight from level 1.

Hope this helps :)

Wisely
09-23-2010, 08:29 AM
That tooltip bug also happens in my King's Bounty GOTY/Platinum edition.

Another bug that needs to be fixed is the ALT bug where the unit move order doesn't change immediately.

Nike-it
09-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Another bug that needs to be fixed is the ALT bug where the unit move order doesn't change immediately.

Can you please describe this issue with more details? And you also have Steam version?

Wisely
09-23-2010, 08:51 AM
I have the boxed version.

When you press ALT on the keyboard, it takes a while for it to display the unit move order while in battle.

Also this might not be a bug, but Evil Beholders (applies to any troop) cannot use their ranged attack if an enemy is standing right in front of them that they can melee. Also, they can't take control of a unit if it isn't their turn to move, or his/her turn has ended.

Suggestion: And I hope they allow dismissing garrisoned units. Also the names of the map locations on the distant travel world map are missing in Crossworlds for AP.

Nike-it
09-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Ok, I see. Thanks for explanation.

Liger
09-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I have spotted these:

Rune Mages dont receive moral bonus from Royal Griffins Regal ability. (Gives humans confidence of Griffins, increasing their Morale by 1)
Guardian Angel "medal" and Leather dress dont give astral resistance. (Both give resistance to all types of damage)
One time when my Paladin (unit) killed whole stack Furious Goblins, Furious Goblin stack still received haste. :grin:

Saiko Kila
09-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Also this might not be a bug, but Evil Beholders (applies to any troop) cannot use their ranged attack if an enemy is standing right in front of them that they can melee. Also, they can't take control of a unit if it isn't their turn to move, or his/her turn has ended.

With beholders, that is a standard behavior. It's called blocking - ranged units are blocked by enemy units standing next to them. They have to move out of endangered area or attack the blockers, which is often undesirable, because most ranged units have penalties when going melee.

Taking control works also as intended, because with evil beholders you control only for a specific task (unlike with demonesses and with domination spell), that is you make enemies use their turn to attack some other enemies and, hopefully get retaliation. Note that you can't use special abilities of controlled enemies, and most of them does the thing in the worst way possible, as if they were struggling to overcome the domination. For instance, ranged units don't use ranged attack but go to the target and punch it (if they have not enough speed they will just stand somewhere on the way). This may be because they are blocked by their colleagues, though.

Said that, I've encountered a bug with evil beholders. When fighting Rohum, executioner hero with lots of executioners. Controlled unit had enough speed to move and attack another unit. Instead, it moved one hex, and stood here. It was charmed, like by demoness, had the heart icon with 1 turn. Other executioners took their turns to beat the guy mercilessly, and I was able (in next turn) to sacrifice him (partially) to get more of my own soldiers. When his turn came he lost all points and turned enemy again. Which was normal for one turn charming. But evil beholders can't do that normally.

Wisely
09-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Some bugs have caught my eye before but never realized (unless it was my imagination). Like unit turns ending automatically, and incorrect status effect length.

Hope this game will be polished soon.

dopeydave
09-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Hi i have been playing and only real issue ive had are shit loads of moral gltiches
Basically it someties works sometimes doesnt sometimse certain modifiers dont work then next day they will
Its weird sometimse ill have 2+human morale artifacts equpied then say griffans and then some times the guardsmen will just get the +1 from griffan somedays all 3 then somedays teh 2 only, also ive noticed that say i ahd all those and none were working at all if i move the guardmen to a different slots sometimes different modfiers will come back in the dif slot , but then i move it back and it doesnt work again, and it would happen with multiple human units Example slot 1&4 the morale bonuses are working but slots 2,3,5 arent, I konw theres nothing negating from them im not switching in teh reserves at all just moving the main 5 units around and this happens , i have a felling that i may think that theres an orc still in that slot if i moved a human there after i just had a orc there and it locks that value into the moral code, so then thats why that slot wont work for morale but then the other ones will cause there was a human there at the slot, so yah i think somethings locking up the Race value in the code but im no big programmers so hopefully u guys figure this one out its getting very agrivation supposed to be having +3 morale on all my troops and not getting anything, IF you have any questions email me at dopeydave@live.com im have a high tech knowledge and some webspace if u ened me to post any debugg file or dx diags.'

Btw it happens with many artifacts not just a couple, and many other bonuses from units, like the guardmand commander one doing same thing sometimes, the Royal griffan with the guardsman bowsmen is nteh only one ive had the least amount of problems with for some reason that one will still show when the artifact ones dissapear, but its still does come and come just not nearly as often as all the others , a cpl artifacts i treid were the royal dress i think the one that upgrades to princess dress and then the Portrait taht u start the game with.

UPDATE
I think it may have something to do with the droids nows that looking at it more since they have the no morale attribute, but i did notice that i think it may just be only the artifact bonuses not working when this happens not the unit morale boosts.

And the fools hat (+1 Morale to all units in army) is not working for anyone except humans, well at least not working for royal griffans, engineers (all i tested so far , worked with guardmen, inquistors tho)

dopeydave
09-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Oh and to not if i restart the game completeley, "exit to windows reopen load game" it will fix it again temporarily i i think its something with moving units around in army but i dont know, Also u cant just exit to menu and reload u gotta exit game out completley.

bgui424
09-23-2010, 11:04 PM
So the new assassin skill which increases dmg when they kill with backstab or crit shows up fine, but when the list gets too long in terms of units, the game crashes out whenever you run over it to check what you get units you have bonus to, the game crashes out completely. This is the steam version.

Nike-it
09-24-2010, 11:28 AM
So the new assassin skill which increases dmg when they kill with backstab or crit shows up fine, but when the list gets too long in terms of units, the game crashes out whenever you run over it to check what you get units you have bonus to, the game crashes out completely. This is the steam version.

This bug is fixed in the latest hotfix. It should be already available for Steam users.

pol
09-29-2010, 02:36 PM
This bug is fixed in the latest hotfix. It should be already available for Steam users.
After I gave Jimmy Kraud potion to healing his scars he went speechless. No more dialogues were showing on his list, it went completely blank.

As I have Steam version, by any luck accident, wasn't that fixed in too?

di410733
10-28-2010, 02:37 PM
After I gave Jimmy Kraud potion to healing his scars he went speechless. No more dialogues were showing on his list, it went completely blank.

I have the version off of the 1C website, and have applied hotfix #1 and still see this problem. Does anyone have a guess at what the 4 empty dialog spots might be? And has anyone heard of a "hotfix #2" in the works?

Nike-it
10-29-2010, 06:02 AM
I have the version off of the 1C website, and have applied hotfix #1 and still see this problem. Does anyone have a guess at what the 4 empty dialog spots might be? And has anyone heard of a "hotfix #2" in the works?

The next patch is in works, not sure this bug is included, but I will ask.

Wisely
11-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Just wondering what is the exact "Modified date" and "File size" in bytes of this file on anyone's computer? I think I got an outdated version. Is this normal? If not, I would like a replacement with the file attached as a zip file.

If you compare it with defender.kfs and orcs.kfs, they fall within September 2010, while champion.kfs for some reason is still August 2010 before the release of Crossworlds. I think this might help an issue I am having as it seems the game doesn't take advantage of multi-cored CPUs, and only a fast single core according to Task Manager and http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

Here's location of the file: \Program Files\1C Company\King’s Bounty Crossworlds\sessions\champion

EDIT: Nevermind... I have finally solved the problem regarding COTA campaign switching/loading slowly! The fix is to get rid of all the duplicate information (leave only the ones that have a description of the item). This fix should help people with weaker processors especially on laptops, or don't feel like upgrading their computers yet. The original eng_items.lng is >1MB. It has to be of a file size of less than 1MB for your CPU to handle it. :)

Just extract it, edit, save changes, move modified "eng_items.lng" file back into the .zip file, then change the .zip extension back to "champion.kfs". You can also delete the eng_items.lng file entirely, but is not recommended. Remember replacing eng_items.lng is optional since it is not required during gameplay as loc_ses.kfs also have those files as well, but it may still be required for the editor or for certain item labels.

And it seems the Armored Princess editor handles the champion.kfs pretty well after you delete the app.ini file, regardless of what CPU you have. It must have something to do with it changing sets ~session "addon" to "base" and sets ~main_menu_form "start" to "arena". Doing this seemed to have ignored the use of the eng_items.lng file in loc_ses.kfs, reducing the amount of loading and CPU stress.

I will report if the campaign runs correctly as intended... K, everything is working including item labels. I will release the fixed campaign.kfs soon...

*Instructions*: Rename champion.kfs.zip to champion.kfs. Start -> Run... -> Type \Program Files\1C Company\King’s Bounty Crossworlds\sessions\champion Press Enter. Copy & Paste then overwrite the old .kfs file. Changes: Removed duplicate entries in the eng_items.lng file to allow for optimization. This fixes issues with game taking long to switch or load the Champion of the Arena campaign on slow CPUs.

Update: Added fixed version... I accidentally removed some "itm" entries (//==== are comment marks) in the eng_item.lng file due to it being scattered elsewhere, away from the correct location. This seems to had made no difference since it doesn't belong to the COTA campaign (some are though). All entries are rearranged now in the correct order.

RYTEDR
11-24-2010, 02:07 PM
The Orcs' talent "Onslaught" can move the troop out of web.

Certainly a bug, as the webbing stays in place and is webbing thin air.

Bombermans
12-20-2010, 09:38 PM

I have Steam version too, and I also have this problem. I can see that it was reported on the 28th of October. D:

Isn't yet there any way to fix it? DDDD:

bucazaurus
12-25-2010, 06:52 AM
I will upload a fix in , Mods section , for World Map. To show the name of the islands like before.

glandis
06-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I realize the chance of any new patches are slim, and WotN is a bigger priority, but FYI - I got the game from Gamer's Gate just last week, and the "Jimmy Kraud dialogue lines are unreadable after getting healed" problem is still there. On the plus side, his scars are actually healed in his portrait . . .

klaymen
01-21-2013, 12:10 PM
I got the game from GOG, which is at version 1.3.1, build 6171.
While playing, I have encountered these bugs so far (apart from those that were already mentioned):

-rune mage abilities have wrong tooltips - High Mage shows Magic Protection, Runic shows High Mage and Runic Armor shows Runic
-Trapper medal doesn't increase the count - while I have trapped many enemy units, it still shows 5/10
-the counter for the knight's quest from the academy (that should give me a new skill) appears to show killed elligible targets only on the current island, not in total.

Sir Whiskers
01-21-2013, 01:43 PM
-Trapper medal doesn't increase the count - while I have trapped many enemy units, it still shows 5/10.

Not sure about the other items you mention, but keep in mind:
1) Summoned units don't count.
2) Wounding a stack with a trap does not count - the trap has to deal the death blow.
3) The stack killed can have been wounded by other attacks - the only thing that matters is that the trap deal the death blow.

klaymen
01-21-2013, 02:27 PM
That makes sense, thank you.

Though tooltip "Requirements: Troop trapped" doesn't seem to be meaning "Troops killed by traps".

Dan5ielle
01-22-2013, 12:50 AM
The only problem I am having is that the COTA campaign takes long to load.
http://www.nektkan.info/1.jpg
http://www.nektkan.info/2.jpg
http://www.nektkan.info/3.jpg
http://www.nektkan.info/4.jpg
http://www.nektkan.info/5.jpg