PDA

View Full Version : "Champion of the Arena" campaign freezing

Wisely
09-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Just got the game and when I try to load up this specific campaign, the game freezes with the hourglass forcing me to exit to Windows. The other campaigns (Defender of the Crown/Orcs on the March/Armored Princess) work fine. It's only COTA giving me trouble.

Anyone know what the problem is, and are you having the same issue? :o

Sneaksie
09-20-2010, 06:13 AM
Since others are playing it, there is some problem with your installation. Did you install the Crossworlds on top of AP purchased earlier or got them together?

Wisely
09-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Got them together. I didn't have to install them separately. The file size on the main folder is 5.61GB (Game of the Year Edition)

Everything works flawlessly, it's just this one campaign. The process that I normally follow is to click on any one of the campaigns, select New Game, and confirm to restart the game. The game launches successfully, and so I can start a new game or load a saved game for all of the campaigns except for just one - Champion of the Arena.

UPDATE: It seems that the game decided to unfreeze itself after a while. The hourglass finally disappeared and turned into a mouse pointer. It's all working now! I don't know why this campaign takes longer than the other campaigns when it comes to starting up a new game or loading it. :confused:

FIXED: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=194837&postcount=24