PDA

View Full Version : Can't launch the game

Direwolf
09-19-2010, 04:27 AM
Weird...didn't have any problems last night but today i can't launch with AP or crossworlds.

It looks like the game is launching, briefly goes to a black screen then comes back to desktop.

My laptop is set to 1920 x 1080. However, i don't see any change even when i lower the res. I saw a posting where someone suggested changing the game.ini script however i get an access denied message when i try to save the change on the script.

Help would be appreciated.

cheers,
DW

Direwolf
09-19-2010, 04:28 AM
forgot to mention that i did a complete uninstall of both AP and Crossworlds, re-downloaded and then re-installed. No change.

thx!

Puce Moose
09-19-2010, 05:40 AM
Which version of the game are you using? (Steam, etc.)

Direwolf
09-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Gamers Gate

Direwolf
09-19-2010, 10:03 AM
All,

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

I was having the same issue where the game would not load. Here is the fix that worked for me:

It had been posted several times to change the game.ini file and input the resolutions manually to 1280 and 1024. I had done that in the main game folder BUT this is the wrong game.ini file to make the change in.

Go to your documents/my games/armored princess/game.ini file and make the change at this location. I did so and the game launched right away.

Nike-it, you're very helpful but perhaps posting this detail could have saved a lot of us quite a lot of grief.

Alright back to playing!

cheers,
DW

Zhuangzi
10-15-2011, 04:54 AM
All,

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

I was having the same issue where the game would not load. Here is the fix that worked for me:

It had been posted several times to change the game.ini file and input the resolutions manually to 1280 and 1024. I had done that in the main game folder BUT this is the wrong game.ini file to make the change in.

Go to your documents/my games/armored princess/game.ini file and make the change at this location. I did so and the game launched right away.

Nike-it, you're very helpful but perhaps posting this detail could have saved a lot of us quite a lot of grief.

Alright back to playing!

cheers,
DW

Thanks very much for this, Direwolf. I used to play all the KB games alot, and then they wouldn't work anymore...I had a new monitor with a different resolution, but I didn't think about this. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times...downloaded the whole thing again AND tried installing off my Armored Princess DVD. Nothing worked. But now you've fixed it for me in no time at all. Thanks a lot, mate. I appreciate it. :cool:

Bartek
03-03-2012, 11:09 AM
I have installed the game (Crossworlds) from steam. I should be able to play both cw and ap. Game wont launch -> black screen and then desktop.

I corrected the typo in app.ini (why it's still there ??)
I set the resolution to my native in game.ini

My system is freshly installed with all updates (windows7), I may be missing something but BF3 works fine and steam always downloads all soft needed.

I spent almost 80h playing it some time agoand it was fine.

Crash message just says "kb.exe has stopped working"

MJohnson
05-01-2013, 09:31 PM
I purchased this from Amazon.com and it won't load, tried all the "fixes" non of them worked, also to note the folder in "My Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty is empty; so no ini file to adjust. any help that "works" would be greatly appreciated .:confused: