PDA

View Full Version : New mods?

onepiece
09-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi, I just installed Crossworlds (and have this ridiculous smile while playing it XD) and tried to see if the mods from AP worked on it. After all my tries, and reading some discussions, I concluded that there must something that makes them incompatible (although I don't know how to edit them to look more closely).

Short story, I wanted to know If some of the people who make mods for AP will make them for CW (especially the camera mod!) and to know when there will be a "Mod" sub-forum for it.

I know it has been for only a few days, I haven't even checked the editor, and there are some steam problems but, ¿isn't modding and editing this game what we all have been waiting for? Let the modding (and editing) begin!!

P.S: Shouldn't ask that much when you haven't given something to the community right? XD

City Builder
09-18-2010, 11:37 PM
Tagging along.

I know that one mod author said that he would be making the mods over for Crossworlds and making them even better, but tha'ts the extent of what I found.

I could really use the camera mod myself, having that extra zoom distance makes the game immensely more enjoyable for me.

blueshrike
09-18-2010, 11:51 PM
I'll second that for a camera mod! Waiting for this eagerly after being disappointed the one for AP didn't work.

onepiece
09-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Maybe we should do a thread in which we write all we would like to see on CW so modders would take them into consideration? Maybe and "official mod wish" thread?

Zhuangzi
09-19-2010, 12:47 AM
Yep I need the camera mod ASAP as well. It's not so bad in the mini campaigns, but I know I'll need it for Orcs on the March.

stubbie
09-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Yes please fix the mods so they work with crossworlds......I miss my mods :(

Metathron
09-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Camera mod
Interface mod
Contract heroes mod (not so important for most of us who remember well who these heroes are, but still nice)

There might be others as well...

aghiuta
09-19-2010, 06:11 PM
you can use some of the mods for AP, but do NOT put the mods in the folder data\mods, use the folder sessions\orcs\mods

Enjoy

TheOne
09-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Quiet a few of the mods of KBAP work with Crossworlds. An easy way to find mod compatibility is to check Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\orcs\orcs.kfs... If the contents of the mod file are not in this "archive" then you can safely use the mod.

For ex. camera mod works fine but extra runes mod won't unless you manually edit. Some of the mods like mana regen don't work even after editing.

Just put them in \Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\orcs\mods and you are good to go.

DGDobrev
09-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes please fix the mods so they work with crossworlds......I miss my mods :(

Yeah, they were very useful. Still, we can do without them for the time being.

Dobri

onepiece
09-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah it works fine (although there were some crashing at first and had to relocate but the work as good as always)

Thanks TheOne for the info