PDA

View Full Version : Label not found error on desktop during battle

isidfe
09-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Hey

I'm hoping there's a quick fix for this because it is really very annoying. During one of the very first battles (Orcs on the March Campaign) against an Orc Shaman on Debir, the following message pops up regularly on the desktop, stealing focus, but requiring an Alt-Tab.

Label not found: add_blog_shaman_trophy_spent_1

Abort, Retry, Ignore

Selecting Retry bring me back to the game with no apparent ill-effects, but this happens repeatedly and makes the game unplayable.

I am playing the Steam version of the game on Windows 7, x64, and previously played Armored Princess (on Steam) without encountering this error.

Hopefully someone can offer a solution, thanks in advance.

terrypchan
09-18-2010, 01:24 PM
I had the exact same error, and I just pressed the "Ignore" option and the pop-up never came back. Not a great solution.

They've obviously left some debugging code inside Crossworlds.

City Builder
09-18-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm just grasping at air in guess, but does your character have that piece of parchment that allows them to get awards and extra gold after every battle in her inventory instead of on her character? Or maybe you haven't gotten that piece of parchment at all?

When I received that error message I clicked one of the buttons and it ended the game, since I put that piece of parchment on my character instead of leaving it in her inventory it hasn't happened again.

It could be complete coincidence however (and likely is) but I'm now curious if the parchment is in your inventory or on your character or not at all yet received.

rancor26
09-18-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm just grasping at air in guess, but does your character have that piece of parchment that allows them to get awards and extra gold after every battle in her inventory instead of on her character? Or maybe you haven't gotten that piece of parchment at all?

When I received that error message I clicked one of the buttons and it ended the game, since I put that piece of parchment on my character instead of leaving it in her inventory it hasn't happened again.

It could be complete coincidence however (and likely is) but I'm now curious if the parchment is in your inventory or on your character or not at all yet received.

Regardless it's still a bug and should be fixed asap.

City Builder
09-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Regardless it's still a bug and should be fixed asap.

Of course it should, I'm just now curious if that is what is causing the issue.

isidfe
09-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Well, I wish I could tell you, but I just pressed ignore and kept on playing. I do think I was wearing it, but I don't know for sure.

I suspect it might have something to do with all the other Steam issues that are on the forum; I did a Steam verification, and it downloaded some files which it said were corrupted, so that might have been the issue - a clash between the previously installed Armored Princess, and this version.