PDA

View Full Version : Bugs found in steam version

jake21
09-18-2010, 01:07 AM
In this thread all bugs found in the Steam version to be listed:

These are with the orc campaign

1) I just started the game and on Debir the text for Rector Leicester is swapped.
The one that sez "The thing is - I'm looking for work" shows you inventory; the one after that is the trigger for quest.

City Builder
09-18-2010, 05:00 AM
Thanks, I noticed that too and thought it was just me, my game crashed shortly after that while in a battle and gave me a sux screen as I reported in another thread, but here's the image again in case your thread lasts longer than mine and actually gets developer noticing it.

Aesir
09-18-2010, 03:10 PM
Crossworld (CW) and Armored Princess (AP) share the same install folder in Steam.
..\Steam\steamapps\common\kings bounty armored princess

This game (and afaik) only this game in the entire Steam catalogue does this.

For this reason, a player can break either AP or CW (the games will run, but will have mixed up their game files and data) in certain instances.

Such instances include:
Verifying the game cache files (GCF) for AP, after CW has already been installed.

Uninstalling/reinstalling of AP or CW, without re-verifying the GCF of CW last (after AP).

There may be other issues.

You will not have a problem running CW if, and only if, you install AP, then CW, and re-verify GCF for CW only. And then only run CW. Once you run or otherwise update game files for AP, you will likely break both AP and CW.

As I understand it, part of the solution is to have Valve and 1C set up CW such that it has its own steamapps folder and separate AppID numbers (in Steam, games and expansions have unique AppID numbers).
..\Steam\steamapps\common\kings bounty crossworlds
Then correct the database for verifying the GCF and delete local content functions for both games so that those processes point to their respective subfolders. This is how it is done for HoMMV, COH, Civ IV, TitanQuest, and every other game+expansion I have in my Steam library.

Aesir
09-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Related to above, the Steam version installation of Crossworlds overwrites the Armored Princess game manual.

The AP manual is more extensive and better to learn the game, as the CW manual really just gets into what has changed.

See this post on how to obtain/view both manuals:
Armored Princess and Crossworld game manuals (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=182468&postcount=5)