PDA

View Full Version : Bug Reports

vmxa
09-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Not sure where we should report issues, but here is one.

When you get a map and then check to see the world, it no longer has the landmass name. Yes you can fly over and get the name, but what happened?

Tianx
09-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Not sure if it's really consider a bug rather than something different from AP.

rancor26
09-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Well there's the kraken animation bug which i posted on another thread hopefully devs saw that.

vmxa
09-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Not sure if it's really consider a bug rather than something different from AP.

I don't disagree, but I refuse to call it an enhancement. :D Just wonder why it was removed or over looked.

BTW there is so little different in the Orc overlay of the original game that it should have been a free d/l. Wait it was at one time more or less called Gift Bag.

I had a hard time deciding if I was in the Crosworld campaign or it was the original AP att he start. Well it did have a new skin for the selection menu.

rancor26
09-17-2010, 06:26 PM
I don't disagree, but I refuse to call it an enhancement. :D Just wonder why it was removed or over looked.

BTW there is so little different in the Orc overlay of the original game that it should have been a free d/l. Wait it was at one time more or less called Gift Bag.

I had a hard time deciding if I was in the Crosworld campaign or it was the original AP att he start. Well it did have a new skin for the selection menu.

Yep it's the same campaign but with more features but after all this isnt a full game release this is meant to be expansion. Personally i think it has enough improvements to be classified as a good expansion.

megakill
09-17-2010, 06:32 PM

Did you play the other 2 campaigns as well?
And yes, I guess we need to stop making original games with 70+ hours of gameplay as 10-12 hour gameplay expansion seems short :))))

vmxa
09-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Did you play the other 2 campaigns as well?
And yes, I guess we need to stop making original games with 70+ hours of gameplay as 10-12 hour gameplay expansion seems short :))))

Maybe I did not take the time to make things clear. I am not saying anything about the value of Crossworlds itself as I have not finished the game.

Frankly I would pay for it without the rehashed orc part. That does not mean one thing or the other for the rest of the world, only that I like the game.

70 hours, not sure if that is true for most players, but lets stipulate that it is. 80 hours was pretty much the std for RPG's for a long time. So your 70 is nothing special, just what one would expect.

What I would compare it to is KBAP. The content for people that already own AP is probably not going to be overwhelming. 19.99 for essentially 2 small campaigns is not going to be recieved as a bargain.

If you did not have AP and got all the stuff in Crossworlds for 19.99 that is a good deal. 29.99 for the entire series is also a very good deal. I had read that the new content for Crossworld would be available for 9.99 with AP being required, that would have also been a good deal.

I was willing to get the 19.99 version, even though I already own KBTL and KBAP. So it is not exactly like I am anti KB. It was really just menat as a little poke, nothiong more.

Jaedar
09-17-2010, 09:31 PM
70 hours is too long for the amount of content in any of the King's Bounty games imo. I like them, but I'd probably like them more if they were more to the point and didn't have so much filler combat encounters.

City Builder
09-17-2010, 09:48 PM
For me it will be worth the $19.99 when the editor gets it's textures, which seems a bug so I post it here that the paint texture window is void of textures so no can really work on a new map like I had planned this weekend to kill time until Civ5 comes out next week. Maybe somebody at 1c Company can somehow make it available to us?

vmxa
09-18-2010, 01:08 AM
I did forget about the editor, but I won't be using it anyway. I too await the 21st for Civ5.

vmxa
09-18-2010, 02:17 AM
If you open the dialog box you never get a option to buy or trade wares. If you use the looking for a job dialog you then get the trade screen?

Puce Moose
09-18-2010, 02:37 AM
I just had the opportunity to add a Witch Hunter to my army. It seems that during battle I can use all three abilities in one turn, and then still move. Now, I haven't played in months, but I thought that a unit could only use one ability a turn.
Steam version

Entloch
09-18-2010, 06:06 AM
Good or bad, 70 hours /played is certainly not the standard for most games (Bethesda and Blizzard games being the "cut-above" exceptions).

I was overjoyed when I discovered that KB had taken up the gauntlet dropped by 3DO (HoMM) years ago, and I'm pleased to see the series has improved greatly since.

jake21
09-18-2010, 09:47 AM

Puce Moose
09-19-2010, 02:22 AM
I experienced a bug during battle when my orc tracker (neat unit; so far I've been impressed with the new units I've seen) struck an orc shaman.

Here's the error report:

http://www.pucemoose.com/pics/suxerror1.jpg

Thankfully, it didn't crash the game, and after hitting retry it let me continue the battle.

shinjiikuri
09-19-2010, 04:56 AM
I was using the save game scanner for the Arena campaign when I noticed something strange. When you join the elves guild, killing the 4th boss was suppose to unlock additional units, however, I noticed that no new units were unlocked for the giant tree shop even through the save game scanners says there should be. All the other shops in the elves guild updated in accordance with the save game scanner.

BB Shockwave
09-19-2010, 09:17 AM
I just had the opportunity to add a Witch Hunter to my army. It seems that during battle I can use all three abilities in one turn, and then still move. Now, I haven't played in months, but I thought that a unit could only use one ability a turn.
Steam version

That is not so, I tried too. He can use the Magic Shackles and Random Enchantment skills AND move afterwards, but the Magic Block skill ends the turn. It makes sense for the other two to not end his turn, after all he is a melee unit who needs to advance.

rancor26
09-19-2010, 09:40 AM
That is not so, I tried too. He can use the Magic Shackles and Random Enchantment skills AND move afterwards, but the Magic Block skill ends the turn. It makes sense for the other two to not end his turn, after all he is a melee unit who needs to advance.

Ya him able to use 3 abilities in one turn definitely doesnt make him overpowered he does pretty weak damage still but he's more like a support unit not really a big damage dealer even when against mages.

Voxfox
09-19-2010, 01:06 PM
It appears that you can only have one save game on the go now....not sure if that is intended or a bug.
I had a lv12 warrior with one save game and wanted to try out a mage but after the first save with that new character the warrior wasn`t there anymore (and no I didn`t overwrite it)
Playing GG version in Orc campaign.

onepiece
09-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Even if you have a big stack of mages and attack when you have been "magic blocked", it's too weak to even kill one of your units. Must be a bug since it does almost zero damage.