PDA

View Full Version : Bug/improvement suggestion thread

rancor26
09-12-2010, 07:52 AM
I'll be listing bugs and things that in my opinion could be improved here if i find some. So far i have found:

-Bug: Angelic guards do not disappear after dying in battle (from the battlefield). Honestly i don't know if this is a bug or is it meant to be that way but it wasn't that way in AP.
-Suggestion: On champion of the arena it doesnt matter what class you choose you always have the icon of Bill Gilbert as a warrior class why didn't they include icons of Bill Gilbert as a mage class and as a paladin class like they were in TL? or make a completely new icons because u dont even play as a Bill Gilbert there.
-Bug: I remember this bug was in the AP aswell and it seems they haven't fixed it on the CW... Paladins resurrect power doesn't revive plants or machinery even though it says so or is there something i am missing here?
-Suggestion: Hero walking in champion of the arena. When you use mouse to walk its fine but when you use arrow keys then the walking looks stupid

I haven't played much yet so these are the ones i have found so far. I'll be posting more when i find. :-)

Zhuangzi
09-12-2010, 10:30 AM
lol. Just because you don't understand something, it doesn't mean it's a bug. Melee units attacking fire spiders always caused burning IIRC. Not sure about the rest.

rancor26
09-12-2010, 10:39 AM
lol. Just because you don't understand something, it doesn't mean it's a bug. Melee units attacking fire spiders always caused burning IIRC. Not sure about the rest.

I didnt say thats a bug i just couldnt remember it did that on AP but i guess it did then. Is there something else i do not understand? The game doesnt explain anywhere that does the morale affect summoned troops or not apparently it doesn't at the moment who knows is it meant to be like that or not... i just know that humans, dwarves etc. morale decrease if there's for example demons in the army.

megakill
09-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Attacking fire spiders always causes damage. Summoned troops doesn't affect morale - they are sort of "phantoms" :-)

rancor26
09-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Attacking fire spiders always causes damage. Summoned troops doesn't affect morale - they are sort of "phantoms" :-)

Okay that's two out of the way.

Jaedar
09-12-2010, 11:05 AM
There seems to be some misconfigured dialogue in the mage acadamy on debir. If you want to open the shop, you have to ask for a job and vice-versa.

Also, the archer's fire arrow doesn't seem to trigger the burning animation, but I suspect this may be intentional.

Saiko Kila
09-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm interested if there's still the old bug with inquisitors and necromancers. Necromancers in KBTL and KBAP raise dead inquisitors as inquisitors (not undead) and of the same alignment as before. So basically they revive enemies. Maybe it was intended to be that way, it's funny for sure, but quite strange.

Also, in KBAP, you cannot Necro Call dead inquisitors.

Would be good to know whether that was changed.

Mandea
09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Necromancers are the same. I used them out of curiosity because I didn't get many chances in AP and was very suprised to see them raise enemies. I almos lost a fight because of them.

Tianx
09-12-2010, 02:27 PM
There is one more minor bug in Royal university when you talk to the NPC. The conversation order is slightly out of order. If you click you want to get the quest, you actually start trading with him. but if you click you want to trade, you start the quest.

rancor26
09-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Alright i found a bug when fighting kraken recently... When you attack krakens left or right tentacle like this: attack left tentacle from it's right side and right tentacle from it's left side it doesn't do any kind of animation for the krakens attack instead it does this: for example i want to use my demons to attack the right tentacle from its left side>my demon does his attack animation and damage>after that he does his attack animation again but no damage>and after that he receives damage... so apparently afterwards animation he did was the animation that should be krakens tentacle animation but for some reason it is the animation of the attacking unit.

JQueue
09-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Bug: I crash every time I mouse-over the Find Weakness skill for my Assassin to look at his damage bonuses.

At first it was OK, when I just had a couple entries in there, but when I got a lot of entries, Crash. Every single time without fail.

karabaja
09-13-2010, 07:42 AM
I'm interested if there's still the old bug with inquisitors and necromancers. Necromancers in KBTL and KBAP raise dead inquisitors as inquisitors (not undead) and of the same alignment as before. So basically they revive enemies. Maybe it was intended to be that way, it's funny for sure, but quite strange.

I don't think this is a bug. Under inquisitor description, amongst other things, stands "resists necromancy" and i think this is example of what it means exactly.

rancor26
09-13-2010, 12:11 PM
I don't think this is a bug. Under inquisitor description, amongst other things, stands "resists necromancy" and i think this is example of what it means exactly.

Yep which means they do not get morale penalty if there's undead units in the army. It doesnt say anything about them being human/undead hybrid or something lol.

rancor26
09-13-2010, 02:46 PM
I forgot to mention that the editor needs a lot of tweaking... it crashes often and i can't use texturing tool at all... here's a picture of me trying to use the texturing tool:

http://i56.tinypic.com/289zgoz.jpg

As you can see it should show the different textures there but instead it does that... and it happens on every categoy. Also shouldn't it be HumanLands instead of HumenLands?

I just hope the developers find this thread because there's some important things that need to be fixed when the game is released.

EDIT: Also i can see a little of the names of those textures and it looks like they're russian?

karabaja
09-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Yep which means they do not get morale penalty if there's undead units in the army. It doesnt say anything about them being human/undead hybrid or something lol.
nope :) that's what their "holy warrior" ability means ;)

rancor26
09-13-2010, 04:13 PM
nope :) that's what their "holy warrior" ability means ;)

Umm... Have you even read what it actually says... Inquisitors have ability called "holy attack" which makes them do increased damage against demons and undead and nothing else... then they have talent "true believer" and here's exactly as it is in-game: "The presence of the undead in the army does not lower their morale. Resists necromancy." i still can't see anything about inquisitors being undead... necromancers spell should ONLY raise undeads not humans or anybody that doesnt get morale penalty because of their ability... Inquisitors do not have any kind of "holy warrior" ability or talent. Paladins have it though, it increases their damage against undead and demons and grants them magic protection.

DGDobrev
09-13-2010, 07:03 PM
It's just that true believer talent that makes then come back to life as inquisitors/priests, whatnot (any unit with true believer) rather than come back as undead. Pretty nifty trait really.

Zechnophobe
09-13-2010, 08:40 PM

I'm pretty sure this is intentional. I think the same happens with paladins. In fact, I'm pretty sure one of their traits says something about them being bad necromancy targets.

Zhuangzi
09-13-2010, 11:33 PM
rancor, did you do that 12gb download? I don't think the textures will work without it.

rancor26
09-14-2010, 05:38 AM
rancor, did you do that 12gb download? I don't think the textures will work without it.

If you mean did i download the editor from steam tools then the answer is no. Sounds kindy silly though if you have to download extra to get stuff to the editor... shouldn't it all come with a game?

Mrzafka
09-14-2010, 07:17 AM
If you mean did i download the editor from steam tools then the answer is no. Sounds kindy silly though if you have to download extra to get stuff to the editor... shouldn't it all come with a game?

It all comes with the game, it's just compressed :) The editor uses only uncompressed textures, that's why 12 GB or so extra space is needed.

rancor26
09-14-2010, 07:27 AM
It all comes with the game, it's just compressed :) The editor uses only uncompressed textures, that's why 12 GB or so extra space is needed.

Alright then. I guess i have to wait until official release then if you have to download those textures from steam? or where do i download those? I can't wait to start making my own maps :-)

Mandea
09-14-2010, 08:42 AM
can we modify medals too? I can't stand the trap medal so I'll try to make a more usefull one.

rancor26
09-14-2010, 08:50 AM
can we modify medals too? I can't stand the trap medal so I'll try to make a more usefull one.

Ofc we can. I don't know how to do it in editor yet though... but you can edit the "medals.txt" located in every campaigns .kfs folder (for example original AP has ses.kfs, orc on the march has orcs.kfs etc.) You can open .kfs files with winrar for example.

Mandea
09-14-2010, 08:52 AM
oh, yes, I forgot about that. nevertheless I want to use the editor, when it'll be available. 3-4 days from now :)

Saiko Kila
09-14-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm pretty sure this is intentional. I think the same happens with paladins. In fact, I'm pretty sure one of their traits says something about them being bad necromancy targets.

Still amuses me when enemy necromancers revive my inquisitors for me. I often play with inquisitors being only 3rd level units, and they tend to die quickly. Paladins on the other hand never die with me ;)

I'd have to check that, but I think that inquisitors revived that way can't be resurrected further, as if their number in stack was reset.

rancor26
09-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Still amuses me when enemy necromancers revive my inquisitors for me. I often play with inquisitors being only 3rd level units, and they tend to die quickly. Paladins on the other hand never die with me ;)

I'd have to check that, but I think that inquisitors revived that way can't be resurrected further, as if their number in stack was reset.

Well i had a great laugh last game i played... I was playing against some mage hero on defender of the crown at some point of the battle he spawned pretty big group of units using call of nature (cant remember what units they were) and next turn he used exorcism on his own summoned units and he had a huge amount of intellect and exorcism does a lot of damage against summoned units so the whole group died there lol :) AI can be so stupid sometimes...

Saiko Kila
09-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Well i had a great laugh last game i played... I was playing against some mage hero on defender of the crown at some point of the battle he spawned pretty big group of units using call of nature (cant remember what units they were) and next turn he used exorcism on his own summoned units and he had a huge amount of intellect and exorcism does a lot of damage against summoned units so the whole group died there lol :) AI can be so stupid sometimes...

Really? :grin: I don't remember such instances in original campaign, but maybe there were not many heroes with exorcism in the first place. I didn't know you can cast exorcism on your own summons.

I think that AI can be quite smart with cloned units, though. Enemy heroes most often kill my phantomed units with dispel (note that at least Dispel III can't hurt you own unit if you cast it and they have a bad effect, so you don't need to be too smart and not kill accidentally your own phantom-soldiers) and if I kill their phantoms that way too often, they stop phantoming, even if they have mana for it.

t9s1n2
10-02-2010, 03:18 PM
When fighting kraken poison spit scroll causes the game to crash.

BB Shockwave
10-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Not sure if anyone mentioned - but Rune Mage doesn't seem to be affected by many Morale raising abilities/items: for example Royal Griffins's ability. But oddly, the "Cheer" talent works on him.

onepiece
10-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Not sure if anyone mentioned - but Rune Mage doesn't seem to be affected by many Morale raising abilities/items: for example Royal Griffins's ability. But oddly, the "Cheer" talent works on him.

You're right BB. The Regal ability doesn't work on rune mages.

BB Shockwave
10-05-2010, 10:25 PM
A suggestion for Orcs on the March - the medal Guardian Angel, which requires you to use defensive spells (and the Archmage's Shield talent) should now include Glot Armor in the list of spells that can be used for defense. I mean, I certainly use it a lot, more often then God Armour anyway (I prefer Stone Skin, unless the enemy does non-physical damage).

onepiece
10-06-2010, 12:46 AM
@BBShockwave; yeah it should count and it can be obtained early in the game (defeating the kraken gives you 2 scrolls)

BB Shockwave
10-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Found new bug - enemy Ogres have the "Heavy Mace" Ability already listed on their character chart on Adrenaline Level 0, while it should only be active on Level 2.

Metathron
10-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Are you sure that's a bug or just plain sloppiness, i.e. some of the adrenaline talents are listed already as abilities, e.g. irascible, while others are not.

Did the ogres inflict the effects of heavy mace on a flying creature during adrenaline 1? Or did you just assume they could because it was listed under abilities?

BB Shockwave
10-10-2010, 09:08 PM
You may be right, maybe it only takes effect when the Ogre gets Adrenaline Level 2. I need to check this with other such Orc units.

BB Shockwave
10-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Fairly Major bug - after you give the Blood of the Goddess to Jimmy Kraud to heal his scars, all his dialogue disappears. You can talk to him, but will only see empty blurbs under his portrait, and won't even see his anwers, you can click on the blurbs to leave or dismiss him, though.

Saiko Kila
10-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Found a little bug with Arian, the demon who changes your meat into fried meat (or people to demons). My lineup:
1. rune mages (can be transformed)
2. demonologists (cannot)
3. paladins (can)
4. emerald green dragons (cannot)
5. bowmen (can)
When I try to change 1 (runemages) and 3 (paladins) it works OK. But when I try to transform 5 (bowmen) it says that it will transform
4 (EGD) into imps. Actually, it transforms stack number 5, i.e. bowmen, into imps. As expected, but not as declared. The game lists the wrong stack, with its numbers of units.

I have pcbuns mod which gives extra slots to reserve, may have something with that.

ckdamascus
10-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Found a little bug with Arian, the demon who changes your meat into fried meat (or people to demons). My lineup:
1. rune mages (can be transformed)
2. demonologists (cannot)
3. paladins (can)
4. emerald green dragons (cannot)
5. bowmen (can)
When I try to change 1 (runemages) and 3 (paladins) it works OK. But when I try to transform 5 (bowmen) it says that it will transform
4 (EGD) into imps. Actually, it transforms stack number 5, i.e. bowmen, into imps. As expected, but not as declared. The game lists the wrong stack, with its numbers of units.

I have pcbuns mod which gives extra slots to reserve, may have something with that.

Hey, after you talk to Arian, do you stop accruing trophies?

Once I get a defiled patent, I can no longer gain any more trophies in battle.

onepiece
10-19-2010, 10:13 PM
@cksamascus; it stops working so you should get that patent after you get plenty trophies before it. The patent is defiled so it doesn't collect anymore trophies.
Think of it as the cost of a better trainer, since Arian gives more units per unit sold than the other trainers.

Of course the game could warn you about it (or does it?)

Saiko Kila
10-19-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't remember the game warning me against anything. Maybe it was worded in too subtle way. When I noticed that the patent stopped collecting trophies I wasn't happy, but I had enough of them to last me whole play-through, so I wasn't devastated, too.

Mrzafka
10-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Fairly Major bug - after you give the Blood of the Goddess to Jimmy Kraud to heal his scars, all his dialogue disappears. You can talk to him, but will only see empty blurbs under his portrait, and won't even see his anwers, you can click on the blurbs to leave or dismiss him, though.

Do you remember which dialogue options dismiss him? In case I'd like to sack hime before the patch arrives...

ckdamascus
10-29-2010, 01:02 PM
I don't remember the game warning me against anything. Maybe it was worded in too subtle way. When I noticed that the patent stopped collecting trophies I wasn't happy, but I had enough of them to last me whole play-through, so I wasn't devastated, too.

Oh, I agree, it was too subtle for such a monumental decision.

Tell that to someone who only had 396 trophies and at the time only had like 23 orc veterans in the entire game. :(

I replayed my game for a demonic style...

I have since gone back to sacrificing. I even managed to sacrifice my way up from 1 Demoness to 210 via sacrifice and 21 through the wizard's tower (yeah, super late game, that's why I needed to "lose" my trophy gaining capability so I could convert a Lake Faerie into a Demoness. Ah... look at the little army of voluputuous girls she has spawned). :)

I originally converted my army of demonologists up using trophies, but found that sacrificing was ideal there too. I sacrificed up to 180 or so of them, from 51. I had enough trophies to convert all of them too, but I decided to save them just in case I needed to do a one off conversion.

One sacrifice was worth about 750 or so trophies for demonologists.
One sacrifice was worth about 1200 trophies for demonesses.

Considering the highest trophy drop I ever got was like 1000 in a single battle... you could see how double casting sacrifice was FAR FAR FAR more efficient.

BB Shockwave
11-03-2010, 06:57 AM
Do you remember which dialogue options dismiss him? In case I'd like to sack hime before the patch arrives...

Last one. Works even after the bug. Just remember to take all his items before you do.