PDA

View Full Version : Can only save 1 file at a time??

Tianx
09-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Does anyone have problem saving their files in crossworld? It seems I can only have 1 save file and 3 quick saves. Is this a bug or am I missing something here?

Tianx
09-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Somehow the game does not add (number) now to the save files and can only be save 1 file at a time, you can manually still change the file name with the (number) at the end and save multiply game. Kinda annoying since this was not a problem in Legend or Princess.

Mivo
09-11-2010, 05:08 PM
The game hasn't officially been released. Not sure what version Steam released, but judging by other posts it seems to have some issues. Perhaps it is missing a patch.

rancor26
09-11-2010, 05:21 PM
The game hasn't officially been released. Not sure what version Steam released, but judging by other posts it seems to have some issues. Perhaps it is missing a patch.

The version they uploaded to the servers is the one that was suppose to come out september 17 but for some reason is out already... so if there's some bugs or glitches they're most likely in the upcoming gg version too.

Saiko Kila
09-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Somehow the game does not add (number) now to the save files and can only be save 1 file at a time, you can manually still change the file name with the (number) at the end and save multiply game. Kinda annoying since this was not a problem in Legend or Princess.

I always add number to the name (and sometimes one-two word description also), so had no idea what were you talking about. There were other issues with steam version, for example I had to verify and download files twice, because some of them were corrupted and game crashed. But this may be Steam problem, so let them sort it out.

More important for me is something else - official mods seem not to work. I mean despite having the mod with dragon skills I have only standard tooltips, with old style information, as if the mod was not installed.

Dwagginz
09-11-2010, 06:08 PM
More important for me is something else - official mods seem not to work. I mean despite having the mod with dragon skills I have only standard tooltips, with old style information, as if the mod was not installed.

It's been stated that King's Bounty: Crossworlds requires a clean install of Armored Princess. I think it was either Nike-It or megakill who said that.

Saiko Kila
09-11-2010, 06:48 PM
It's been stated that King's Bounty: Crossworlds requires a clean install of Armored Princess. I think it was either Nike-It or megakill who said that.

But how? The game installs itself into the old KBAP directory, overwriting some files. The store info explicitly tells that you need KBAP installed: "King’s Bounty: Crossworlds requires King`s Bounty: Armored Princess installed on your PC!". I've checked and the old saves work, assuming you have the correct campaign selected (i.e. original or with Gift Bag, but the game properly list only compatible saves, despite them being located in the same directory). To me, it works and looks just like standard expansion, not standalone.

Dwagginz
09-11-2010, 10:44 PM
But how? The game installs itself into the old KBAP directory, overwriting some files. The store info explicitly tells that you need KBAP installed: "King’s Bounty: Crossworlds requires King`s Bounty: Armored Princess installed on your PC!". I've checked and the old saves work, assuming you have the correct campaign selected (i.e. original or with Gift Bag, but the game properly list only compatible saves, despite them being located in the same directory). To me, it works and looks just like standard expansion, not standalone.

I don't know, I'm just the messenger. It was stated that Crossworlds requires a clean Armored Princess install - i.e. no mods.

Source (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=177238&postcount=124).

Saiko Kila
09-12-2010, 12:38 PM
I don't know, I'm just the messenger. It was stated that Crossworlds requires a clean Armored Princess install - i.e. no mods.

Source (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=177238&postcount=124).

I see. That answers another question I wanted to ask - whether the Gift Bag would work with new orc campaign or not. Seems it will be a real challenge now ;)

Tianx
09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Hopefully this bug is fixed when the actual version comes out. Very very annoying at the moment even though I am not able to play the game any more lol

megakill
09-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Hopefully this bug is fixed when the actual version comes out. Very very annoying at the moment even though I am not able to play the game any more lol

We will look into save problem tomorrow. Could be all linked to this "leak" of the version at Steam.

Rhygadon
09-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Megakill, could you also clarify whether we really need to do a clean reinstall of AP? I'm one of the ones who got the "magic preorder" from Steam (and now hiding offline!), and the original campaign and expansion campaigns all seem to work. As long as we don't try to play the Gift Bag campaign, do we really need to uninstall and reinstall AP?

Tianx
09-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Keeping my finger crossed that these issue will be resolved when the game releases tomorrow.

megakill
09-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Keeping my finger crossed that these issue will be resolved when the game releases tomorrow.

I was told that release unlock should fix problems. Post here in case it doesn't help - we will work with Steam to provide a hotfix

Stever717
09-18-2010, 02:59 PM
This is a dirty fix, till a patch fixes the save game problem.
Save the game, then Alt-Tab or exit the game. I have Win 7 on my computer and I know that XP is a bit different. Go to the save game folder, in win 7 it : libraries/documents/my games/kings bounty princess/$save , the save game will look like this "orcs_Debir" rename the file "orc_save1" or what ever you like. I have save1 thru save5 and I just work thru them 1 to 5 and then start over again at 1. Now I have 5 save game slots that won't be deleted when you play the game.

I know this sucks that you have to do this but so far I haven't seen any other way around the problem. Has anyone done a fresh install and not have this problem?

Tianx
09-18-2010, 03:35 PM
I believe this bug is fixed.

Nike-it
09-20-2010, 11:52 AM
This bug is fixed by the recent Hotfix (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=182962&postcount=1)