PDA

View Full Version : Lethal or invincible

sunphoenix
08-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Help me out, first game as a mage in normal difficulty and every place I go enemies are either lethal or invincible....I cannot win any fight without major losses...Should I start a new game or what ? I went through KBTL as a warrior without problem even on harder difficulty..

kcwong
08-25-2010, 02:34 AM
Highly ranked enemies are pretty normal for mage, because with her low leadership her army will be tiny. However the game doesn't take her spells into the equations, and that's exactly how a mage survives.

If it's your first game in AP, try playing Easy first. Consider this a translation error - Easy is your Normal.

Some general tips:
1. You can run faster than all enemy stacks in the game, provided you have room to dodge and turn. Make a save, then run for it! Lure them away from the treasures and snatch all you can. We call that 'kiting' here.

2. On Debir you can usually get a free map or two - giving you access to Scarlet Winds and Bolo. Steal all you can on those two islands, and you will be in a much better shape to clear Debir.

3. On lower difficulties spending the mind runes to get Glory I and II would make your life much easier. But on higher difficulties that would be a grave mistake, as I recently found out, because runes are too precious to waste.

4. Use the right units. You should dump your entire starting army for a new one. Inquisitor is an important early unit - its second ability can give you rage points, which you can use to attack with your pet dragon, or to get more mana during a battle.

5. Check the stickied threads and the mods forum - there's an official mod called Giftbag. It adds a lot of artifacts to the game, which may make the early game easier.

If you post your save we can take a look and give you more concrete advice.

barnabas_666
08-25-2010, 09:59 AM
try to read manual, this forum...

general tips n tricks for new players (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=12085)

maybe walkthrough (http://www.gamebanshee.com/kingsbountyarmoredprincess/walkthrough.php) could be useful for you...