PDA

View Full Version : Useful equipment especially for mages

barnabas_666
08-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Hi, I played KBTL few weeks ago and I'm going to play KBAP. I'm missing here more threads like this ones from KBTL:

Skills & Attribute Analysis (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4068)

Strategy Guide from Razorflame(good items, units...) (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10311)

I found interesting mode called Save Game Scanner (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11780) and I decided to "choose game" with good equipment. I used HeroScreen (http://www.aurelain.ro/HeroScreen/) for equipment finding.

Interesting items for mages according to my opinion, I would appreciate your views...

Upgraded Item (Basic Item)

Boots:

Boots of the Mystic
Golden Shoes (Silver Shoes)
Twinkling Boots

Armor/Dress:

Dress of the Magess (Novice's Dress)
Dragon Cloak

Weapon:

Archmages Staff (Novice's Staff)
Staff of the High Druid (Traveler's Staff)
Staff ot the Acolyte Necromancer
Gladiator Sword
Runic Sword (Simple Sword)

Helmet:

Wizard's Hat
Tournament Helmet

Regalia:

Banner of True Faith
Marshal's Baton (Officer's Baton)

Shield:

Shield of Rekross
Scale Shield

Belt/Gloves:

"Well of Mana" Belt
Hand of Necropolis

Artifact:

Skull of Death (Skull of Pain)
Ancient Amulet
Necklace of Firestorm (Flame Necklace)
Ring of the Mind. Class 2. (Ring of Mind. Class 1.)
Snake Ring of Wisdom (Snake Ring)
Portrait of the Queen of Ice
Usurer's Ring

barnabas_666
08-24-2010, 06:07 PM
OK, at the beginning of game I've made 11 saves and I've scanned all of them. After that I was searching for my "Interesting items", here are results.

White cell = nothing found
Red cell = hit!

http://a.imageshack.us/img822/8937/scanofmysaves.jpg

Thats funny. I think that best combination of items is in my first save called 0 :grin:

Petwin
08-25-2010, 08:57 AM
sometimes a game makes a duplicate, so you can have 2 Hand of Necropolis (+20% XP !)

barnabas_666
08-25-2010, 10:09 AM
sometimes a game makes a duplicate, so you can have 2 Hand of Necropolis (+20% XP !)

Thanks for tip, I found 2 of them in my game(House of the wealthy zombie and Castle of Bristol).

MaroonMaurader
08-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Playing as a mage, there are going to be two hard parts to the game. Just after the start, and the last 3 fights. Everything else should be pretty much a walkover if you play intelligently. So if you're looking to make your game easier, those are the two sections you care about.

To that end - you can finish the start fairly easily if you don't mind spending a few hours kiting first. It's quite possible to hit level 22+ before your first fight, in which case you'll crush everything in your path for a long time. If you don't like kiting, can't kite, think it's not in the spirit of the game to do that, or want the challenge of doing it the hard way, you're going to be looking for items you can reach early on which will give more leadership and for ways of getting level-5 units early on. Song of the Wind, Death Call, and Call Collosus are the three big ones you're looking for there, or a store which sells a level-5 unit. Certain spells will also be important - trap is a big one, as are heal, target, and stoneskin.

To make the last 3 fights easier, you'll want anything that can increase your intelligence and/or leadership, and especially anything that can increase your magic resistance and/or physical resistance.

If, instead of making the game easier, you're looking for a high-score or high-level run, you're probably interested most in any items which give bonuses to experience.

To my mind, the most valuable items for a mage to find in a game to make things easier late-game are Slippery Cuirass, Twinkling Boots, Magician's Cowl, and Novice's Dress. If you're gunning for high-score, you're going to want 2 Hand of the Necropolis, Memoirs of the Marshal, Shark's Tooth (which is guaranteed), and as many Ancient Knowledge scrolls as possible (4+ is good).

Razorflame
08-26-2010, 06:46 AM
haha didn't know my forum post was still read;-)

kb:ap is in such a way easier
then it doesn't need any of such post;-)

barnabas_666
08-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Little problem, there is no scroll of resurrection in this save. I played KBTL almost without SoR, I've found it maybe in Labyrinth or in Orcs land, but in KBAP should be pretty hard to resurrection only with Inquisitors if I want to play no loss game.

my save

Zechnophobe
08-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Little problem, there is no scroll of resurrection in this save. I played KBTL almost without SoR, I've found it maybe in Labyrinth or in Orcs land, but in KBAP should be pretty hard to resurrection only with Inquisitors if I want to play no loss game.

defeat thomas torvek, return his sword to the guy on scarlet wind island, and do not accept his gold.

Razorflame
08-28-2010, 05:37 AM

my save

2 stacks fo repair droids + guard droid

is auto heal every 4 turns

demonologist can ressurect people too

paladin got mass ressurection(all stcks must be close to him)

inqisitor

u can use sacrifice to get more units

time back

all those can be used for a no loss

and any of them can be looped heavily with mana orb+phantom

barnabas_666
08-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Thanks, I actually gained lvl 3 without choice between bonuses like Intelect, Mana, Defense... I got leadership 30, thats sad :evil:

lvl 4 - leadership 40, really funny :roll:

OK lvl 5 - leadership 50, I think, this isn't misadventure :)

Lord Haart
09-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Yep you only get leadership + runes for leveling up.