PDA

View Full Version : how to do mass resurrection - steps

lilmoon
08-24-2010, 09:02 AM
hi,

I have seen plenty of threads talking about it, but none that was specific including all of them. I was thinking that would be nice to see the best ressing-combo.

if I have minor losses I phantom paladins, whilst if I need major recovery I usually use this one:

1) leave one enemy archer unit
2) phantom inqui and use 3x holy rage, plus the resurrection thanks to paladin second wind
3) use mana accelerator to create new mana

even if paladin can resurrect more than inqui, I find this strategy working better than simply phantoming paladins because I almost never run out of mana, it is just a little long.... I am a warrior

bye

Petwin
08-24-2010, 10:15 AM
You can resurrect level 5 units (except Black Dragons) with the healing ability of the demonologist. For every heal (one charge per stack of demonolists, so split or phantom) you need an enemy stack to leech the hp from, so plan accordingly.

You can also increase the number of level 5 units:
- sacrifice parts of one stack to increase another stack
- heal (spell) the first stack to max hp and resurrect 1 unit with the demonologists
- repeat step 2 until first stack is fully recovered and start with step 1.

Costs a lot of mana though..

Esteral
08-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Tip: How to increase your stacks without paying for them.

Use Trolls in caves and at night. They heal themselfs.

Use lvl 1 sacrife on Troll.
- the spell calm rage helps you transform rage into mana.
- The pet ability "Mana Accelatore" puts mana on the playing field.
I used the 10 mana - 11 rage for like 30 lvls. (playing mage)
Playing warrior you can upgrade earlier because of more rage.

- Use fear / Blind to keep troops frozen (slow also works well).

kcwong
08-25-2010, 03:46 AM
Tip: How to increase your stacks without paying for them.

Use Trolls in caves and at night. They heal themselfs.

Any criteria for the spell sacrifice? I have level 1 sacrifice, which does 680 damage. When I try to cast the game said there's no target I can cast it on.

My army is:
2/2 Black dragons
2/3 Red dragons
1/3 EGD
4/4 Cyclops
5/5 Trolls

The dragons are slightly damaged when I try to cast.

Is that because 680 damage does not translate to enough restored HP for a new unit of any kind? So if I swap out one of the stacks for a stack of inquisitors (much lower max HP) I will be able to grow it?

Zechnophobe
08-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Is that because 680 damage does not translate to enough restored HP for a new unit of any kind? So if I swap out one of the stacks for a stack of inquisitors (much lower max HP) I will be able to grow it?

Yup. You cannot use sacrifice to heal less than a full creature. So you'll have to do a whole lot of damage with sacrifice to be able to get a red dragon. I also do not think it works on cyclopses, and it definitely doesn't work on black dragons.

Petwin
08-25-2010, 10:01 AM
- the spell calm rage helps you transform rage into mana.
- The pet ability "Mana Accelatore" puts mana on the playing field.
I used the 10 mana - 11 rage for like 30 lvls. (playing mage)
Playing warrior you can upgrade earlier because of more rage.

- Use fear / Blind to keep troops frozen (slow also works well).

If your Intelligence is too high you will kill a Troll with lvl 1 sacrifice. You need the spell Peacefullness to increase the hp of the Trolls.

kcwong
08-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Yup. You cannot use sacrifice to heal less than a full creature. So you'll have to do a whole lot of damage with sacrifice to be able to get a red dragon. I also do not think it works on cyclopses, and it definitely doesn't work on black dragons.

Yes, I verified that you cannot use it on cyclopses. However you can get more cyclopses with it. :eek:

weidox
11-17-2010, 05:28 PM
I'd say that such thread should be split in two: one is how to effectively resurrect, another is how to effectively generate mana for any resurrection.
I don't think that i have a really preferrred way how to resurrect (though i start to use resurrect spell exuclusively when i get it available), but to generate mana i use an effective combo which i started to use in KB:TL. Needs: any stack of bears and magic spring spell, also teleport spell is extremely useful to position bears next to last weakened enemy at right time. Just keep casting magic spring on bears and skiping turns. The great strength in this strategy is that there's no fear that last melee enemy will be killed by retaliation strike (if you keep your other units out of reach), and it generates mana very fast. If there's only ranged units in enemy army, this strategy requires a bit of tricks how to push a slow ranged unit (speed 1 or 2) to one of "corners" in battlefield and then teleport bear so ranged enemy doesn't have enough movement to move and attack with ranged attack in same turn and thus doesn't move at all and keeps attacking bear in melee.