PDA

View Full Version : Why am I not able to buy scrolls?

vmxa
08-14-2010, 03:29 PM
This happened in The Legend as well. I go someplace and they have a spell. I cannot buy, except the very first one. It happens, even when I have level 3 in all three schools.

Plenty of room for scrolls and the book. Pleny of crytrals. I was at level 50 as a mage and could not buy Geyser?

Is this just a bug?

kcwong
08-14-2010, 03:37 PM
Post your save somewhere so people can take a look.

Otherwise:
1) You don't need any magic skills to buy scrolls.
2) Are you sure you haven't misread the empty slots/max scrolls number?
3) Magic crystals don't buy you scrolls, they level your spells up.
4) Do you have enough gold?

vmxa
08-14-2010, 05:55 PM
"kcwong"
"1) You don't need any magic skills to buy scrolls."

You need something.

"2) Are you sure you haven't misread the empty slots/max scrolls number?"

Quite sure, I continue to pick up scroll by the dozens after not being able to buy one. I just dumped 30 to go from 142 to 112. I only have 14 learned as I use only a few.

"3) Magic crystals don't buy you scrolls, they level your spells up."

I know. I just mentioned it for giggles.

"4) Do you have enough gold?"

More than I could ever use.

Razorflame
08-14-2010, 06:28 PM
your problem is

that when u buy scrolls

the number of SCROLLS you are allowed is dependant on your skill(there is a skill is mage tree that gives more scrolls to buy)

you can always pick up scrolls and get them as rewards
but for buying you need to have less scrolls than your skill allows

i think it's 3 -6-12 on the skill

so if u got more than 3 scrolls

u cannot buy more
u need to sell some before u can buy new ones

Zechnophobe
08-14-2010, 07:40 PM
"2) Are you sure you haven't misread the empty slots/max scrolls number?"

Quite sure, I continue to pick up scroll by the dozens after not being able to buy one. I just dumped 30 to go from 142 to 112. I only have 14 learned as I use only a few.

Ding ding ding.

So, 112 Scrolls is about 3 times more than you could every possibly have. You gain more scroll slots in two ways: When you level up, and when you get certain skills. I guess some items will also help.

You need to sell some of those scrolls. Go to a castle, and hit B to open up your spell book, and sell most of them. You'll never be able to buy spells otherwise.

You are ALWAYS allowed to pick up spells off the ground by the way. That is never something the game prevents you to do, and that is how you got SO FAR over your scroll cap.

vmxa
08-14-2010, 09:04 PM
I think that is the case, but it makes no sense. I see it says I have no room in my book. I thought since I am able to pick them from the ground and to add them to my learned, it was fine.

I will dump till I am down to the number in blue. I presume that is the number that counts.

Zechnophobe
08-14-2010, 09:10 PM
I think that is the case, but it makes no sense. I see it says I have no room in my book. I thought since I am able to pick them from the ground and to add them to my learned, it was fine.

I will dump till I am down to the number in blue. I presume that is the number that counts.

Yup, number of scrolls. You'll need it be under the number to actually buy scrolls.