PDA

View Full Version : Increasing animation / overall battle speed. Is it possible?

GRSimba
08-06-2010, 04:43 PM
I really enjoy this game, but after watching the same old animations a bajillion times over (and that's just in one play-through, don't even get me started on multiple games... or maybe fighting enemy groups of ~9 shamans or something).

Anyways, my question is this: Can one easily increase the speed of the animations to something like 4 or 8x their current speed?
Is there a mod out there that already does this?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Since it appears to not be obvious, I would like to increase it to a speed much faster than that available in the options menu.

N3MES1S
08-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Take a look in the options menu -.-

GRSimba
08-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Take a look at my post? -.-

I'm asking if there's a way to significantly increase the speed of the game (hence why I said "to something like 4 or 8x current speed"), not just the ~25% increase from switching to "High" animation speed.

zini4_tha_grunt
08-07-2010, 06:33 PM
NO.
Soft, which used to make animation is 3DSMAX, but the animations have been converted into different format with skyfallen utility (and the game engine is the same, which one has been used in "Blood Magic"). The result: there is no way to make new animation with instruments available for modders. Give up or steal (unreachable) this soft from 1c and katauri.

N3MES1S
08-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Take a look at my post? -.-

I'm asking if there's a way to significantly increase the speed of the game (hence why I said "to something like 4 or 8x current speed"), not just the ~25% increase from switching to "High" animation speed.

I think the change of the speed is enough. Maybe wat u want is just to delete the animations? cuz i dont think more speed than the high speed option of the menu is logical. If u dont want animations, edit the .def files and just erase the anim=xxxx line.

GRSimba
08-08-2010, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the replies!

NO.
Soft, which used to make animation is 3DSMAX, but the animations have been converted into different format with skyfallen utility (and the game engine is the same, which one has been used in "Blood Magic"). The result: there is no way to make new animation with instruments available for modders. Give up or steal (unreachable) this soft from 1c and katauri.
Aww, that's a shame :(

N3MES1S: Would altering these files potentially cause instability? I wouldn't mind being able to skip most/all of the dragon abilities, and the various spells, and some of the longer unit spells, but if that comes at... say... increased risk of crashing, or flat-out not working then it's probably not the best solution :P

Either way, gonna back some stuff up, and fiddle around.
Thanks for the help!

N3MES1S
08-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Aww, that's a shame :(

N3MES1S: Would altering these files potentially cause instability? I wouldn't mind being able to skip most/all of the dragon abilities, and the various spells, and some of the longer unit spells, but if that comes at... say... increased risk of crashing, or flat-out not working then it's probably not the best solution :P

Either way, gonna back some stuff up, and fiddle around.
Thanks for the help!

nop. If u delete that line and it cause some problems, just write it again and thats it. The only think can happens is when a battle starts, the game crashes or just a error msg appear. But the game will maintaing the same xD, dont worry about that. It is as easy as remember wat line u erased, and if the changes doesnt work, write it again. Or just make a backup of that file. But trust me, u wont need to to that.

zini4_tha_grunt
08-09-2010, 06:22 PM
yes, yo can control animation playing speed (i used in my mod for 1 creature - i've increased spee for orc veteran). try change values in the line-desription of animation ,where numbers typed - increasing last number you increase playing speed.

Sylvine
08-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Uhh... I probably shouldn't even try doing this, but the slow battles are getting on my nerves as well. Is there a somewhat more comprehensible modding guide around? I can't seem to find my way around it - can't find the files I need to edit.

Thanks in advance,

~Sylv

jpinard
09-21-2010, 01:11 AM
yes, yo can control animation playing speed (i used in my mod for 1 creature - i've increased spee for orc veteran). try change values in the line-desription of animation ,where numbers typed - increasing last number you increase playing speed.

Can you give an exmaple of the filename and what compressed file it's in?

DGDobrev
09-21-2010, 07:59 AM
I have tried something to that effect and it seems to be working.

I went into options and removed the "check" on anti-aliasing. This smooths edges for objects, thus making them more "real" when enabled, when disabled, it burdens your video card only a small bit, so it produces the movement much more rapidly. I also set shadows to "neutral". It is working wonders in crossworlds, which uses the same engine and textures as KBAP, so it might be worth giving it a try.