PDA

View Full Version : How you kill Ktahu

hotfix666
07-22-2010, 09:28 AM
I have made a little video ( with poor quality ) on hard mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmKd2LTo1t0

I do it quickly with minium loses of my army :)
(I can have better "armor" but I have not buy it)

N3MES1S
07-22-2010, 04:40 PM
After a lot of games, Kathu on hard is easy, u should try it on impossible.

Zechnophobe
07-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Well done. Definitely a lot better than a lot of people do against him. Though, all the truly good ways of dealing with Ktahu involve using a single stack against him, since he really has a hard time dealing damage to one stone skinned stack.

MaroonMaurader
07-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Nice video of a solid strategy for dealing with him. That basic approach will also work on impossible, although it takes a little more time and possibly more attention to detail. For the sake of anyone trying to learn from it, however, it helps if you post a quick glimpse of your character screen (items, skills) so they know what you're working from. A good strategy for a warrior with twinkling boots x 2, leather vest x 2, crystal ball, and guardian 3 is very different from a good strategy for a mage with no +physical resist items; similarly, some units become scary-good with some decent +crit. from morale and/or skills, but are only mediocre if you can't give them that.

That's actually just about the most common problem on these boards - someone posts asking for help with gremlion / ktahu / baal, and the first thing they get in response is almost always "tell us a little about your character."

clinek
07-23-2010, 05:03 AM
That's actually just about the most common problem on these boards - someone posts asking for help with gremlion / ktahu / baal, and the first thing they get in response is almost always "tell us a little about your character

I agree. There is no reason why information is needed about the status of the character. Obviously if they cant kill baal, k'tahuu, or any other mega boss, they are using the wrong items, spells, units, ect. why ask a question so that you can bash them for not using the right strategy. Its plain and simple, bulk up on physical damage resistance for baal and k'tahuu, magic resistance for gremelion, cast stone skin on your unit(s), have teleport readily available (that saved me so many times when trying to get away from those t'rex's or just to get a chance to attack k'tahuu or baal with a single stack of paladins), phantom spell is a must, have frenzy at least level 1, use wanderer scrolls,bulk up on your critical strike, and of course, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MAGIC ON DAMAGING SPELLS IN BOSS FIGHTS!

clinek
07-23-2010, 05:13 AM
O and one more thing... hotfix666, is there a reason why you have every low level spell? I didn't get a chance to see the rest of your spell book since you only went to page 2 in the video but I cant imagine why you would waste all those crystals on those spells considering your a warrior and you would never use most of them. Im not saying this for a fact but im guess you used the cheat "magicbook" right?

hotfix666
07-26-2010, 10:56 AM
O and one more thing... hotfix666, is there a reason why you have every low level spell? I didn't get a chance to see the rest of your spell book since you only went to page 2 in the video but I cant imagine why you would waste all those crystals on those spells considering your a warrior and you would never use most of them. Im not saying this for a fact but im guess you used the cheat "magicbook" right?

Thanks to all some write :)

I only show my good strategy :) (Im proud if it)
Thats matter if I have loose much more army in the battle... But I show this video for that was a good strategy and I have some luck and make much critical hits :)

Why shall I cheat? I dont search friends some shall be impressed of me :P

Sorry my bad english :)

Bag In Vena
09-28-2010, 07:21 PM
I kill K'Tahu only with repair droids

Jatekos
09-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Very nice score indeed.
It clearly shows, how strong the droids are, especially in a no-loss game.
The level of the dragon (50?) seems a bit low, although the percentage of killing (15?) is satisfactory.
Good (and very quick:grin:) job!

Yana
10-18-2010, 05:00 AM
I don't understand how you guys do it without any loss. I struggle to beat him with horrendous losses and in such a large amount of time that I then cannot generate rage or mana enough to resurrect.

So, here I am:
Difficulty: Normal
Level 50 Mage
Leadership: 20,450
Att: 11
Def: 9
Int: 48
Rage: 73
Mana: 110

I am using the following units, all of which are the maximum amounts my leadership will allow:
127 Knights (NOTE: In order to get any knight stack at all, I had to sacrifice thousands of Dwarvern miners because in all the islands, I only found 14 for sale normally *sigh*)
92 Paladins
113 Horsemen
97 Demonologists

To help with comparisons, here are the stats for my Knights, after Haste (level 3 +1 power for boots) and after Stoneskin (level 3)
Att: 41
Def: 58 ---> Physical:78% Poison:8% Magic:8% Fire38%
Movement: 6
Crit: 22%
Damage: 16-18
Health: 180
Morale: Positive

In the video posted by the first poster, it looks like the damage per unit is over 10,000... But my stack of knights (before being decimated by enemy forces) only seems to cause around 900-1000 damage.

Please help because I'm really losing my patience with the game

hotfix666
10-18-2010, 03:25 PM
I kill K'Tahu only with repair droids

I know you finish the game on 7 days but you cheat little :P

hotfix666
10-18-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't understand how you guys do it without any loss. I struggle to beat him with horrendous losses and in such a large amount of time that I then cannot generate rage or mana enough to resurrect.

So, here I am:
Difficulty: Normal
Level 50 Mage
Leadership: 20,450
Att: 11
Def: 9
Int: 48
Rage: 73
Mana: 110

I am using the following units, all of which are the maximum amounts my leadership will allow:
127 Knights (NOTE: In order to get any knight stack at all, I had to sacrifice thousands of Dwarvern miners because in all the islands, I only found 14 for sale normally *sigh*)
92 Paladins
113 Horsemen
97 Demonologists

To help with comparisons, here are the stats for my Knights, after Haste (level 3 +1 power for boots) and after Stoneskin (level 3)
Att: 41
Def: 58 ---> Physical:78% Poison:8% Magic:8% Fire38%
Movement: 6
Crit: 22%
Damage: 16-18
Health: 180
Morale: Positive

In the video posted by the first poster, it looks like the damage per unit is over 10,000... But my stack of knights (before being decimated by enemy forces) only seems to cause around 900-1000 damage.

Please help because I'm really losing my patience with the game

In that video I have wanderscroll +20% leadership and all the another wanderscrolls... attack +10 ... defense +10 etc... I have over 200 paladins ( I have inquisitor blade ) and its much people in another army too.. so when swordman do critical hit thats be much damage.

You can beat Ktahu on better ways... why I upload the video was for I beat him quickly and my first movie :P

Yana
10-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the reply, Hotfix. I used a load of Wander scrolls myself and the difference was huge. I have now beaten the guy with acceptable losses. I would have done better if this units did not have a death wish, after K'Tahu went down.
Thanks again!

scarletgamester
10-20-2010, 12:41 PM
In the video it shows Hotfix666 using mass effect haste, how is that done? whenever I use haste it allows me to use it on only one unit

Saiko Kila
10-21-2010, 09:16 AM
In the video it shows Hotfix666 using mass effect haste, how is that done? whenever I use haste it allows me to use it on only one unit

You need Level 3 Haste, and thus Level 3 Order Magic first, to be able to cast it.

hotfix666
10-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the reply, Hotfix. I used a load of Wander scrolls myself and the difference was huge. I have now beaten the guy with acceptable losses. I would have done better if this units did not have a death wish, after K'Tahu went down.
Thanks again!

You learn all the time when you play the game :)
I finish AP on 120 days on hard...haha :P
After that I finish CW on 21 days on hard...
I shall finish the game on impossibel now under 10 days...
I shall dont finish all the quest... thats not important for me...
Only some are important for me is I shall not steal maps behind enemy :)

klejf
12-03-2010, 06:58 PM
i cant kill him as well, maybe something is wrong with my army, that is:

15 rdrags
70 executioners
110-120 demonologists
160 knights
140-50 horsemen

i have around 40% physical res on any of them, 35 defense as mage (lvl 52, hard dif) and 25 attack, also got the +20%ktahu dmg blade

my problem is that i hit him for ~2k max, it was acceptable vs gremlion, not that acceptable here

also got 15 archdemons and 10 b drags in reserve

any suggestions?

MaroonMaurader
12-04-2010, 10:03 PM
klejf:

Have you tried adding Paladins to your army? They're really good for the K'tahu fight - resurrection, extra attacks, and a good strong high-physical-resist unit all in one.

Have you used any Wanderer scrolls (e.g., Flaming Eyes) you've got?

I'm not so sure about the demonologists; I'd think they'd die rather quickly in this fight. All the rest of your units should be reasonably solid choices. As far as tactics, make sure you understand his attacks and counter-attacks. He's got that nice weak-spot on his right side which you should always have a unit camped in. Also make sure any units visiting his right side have stoneskin on them. When he summons creatures, you want to prioritize killing Gorguanas - Mark of Blood can really ruin your day.

smikkel
12-21-2010, 03:27 PM
I 've got a level 52 palladin on easy level and can't even get a dent in this monster before being utterly destroyed. :(
Army consists of 11 black dragons, 13 red dragons, 280 inquisitors, 10 tirex and 14 archdemons. I tried also with palladins instead of archdemons, but there are only 36 left on Teeana, so they 're quickly eliminated.
I 'm wielding the singing dagger.
Why does K'tahu not summon armies on the video in post 1 ? On the second turn I get a bunch of brontors and tirexes around my troops (disabling missile attacks from the inquisitors) and on round 5 or 6, additional lizard men shamans, brontors and those pterodactyl beasts. Game over.

clinek
12-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I 've got a level 52 palladin on easy level and can't even get a dent in this monster before being utterly destroyed. :(
Army consists of 11 black dragons, 13 red dragons, 280 inquisitors, 10 tirex and 14 archdemons. I tried also with palladins instead of archdemons, but there are only 36 left on Teeana, so they 're quickly eliminated.
I 'm wielding the singing dagger.
Why does K'tahu not summon armies on the video in post 1 ? On the second turn I get a bunch of brontors and tirexes around my troops (disabling missile attacks from the inquisitors) and on round 5 or 6, additional lizard men shamans, brontors and those pterodactyl beasts. Game over.

never, i repeat, NEVER use level 5 units in boss fights or you will be murdered. If your playing on easy then you should be able to beat k'thau with relative ease with many different strategies. As the video in this post showed, use a human army. almost everyone in the army has good physical resistance for starters. Second, knights and paladins will stay alive much longer than any other unit. If im not mistaken, the priestess found on the long bridge between montero and verona should have a lot of paladins. If you do choose this strategy, this is what you should probably do

1. focus all attacks on K'tahuu. dont kill all the monsters because that will only cause him to respawn them and there will be even more.

2. Since all damage is physical, try to find some item for physical damage resistance. I dont remeber the names but there are a pair of boots and some armor that give you physical resistance. Equip them over any other type of item you have in that slot. Trust me, you will need the resistance.

3. Always have stone skin cast on one or more of your units. Knights and paladins have a physical resistance of about 30. Add 10-35 for the items you find, then add another 40 from stone skin as well as a huge defense bonus to end up recieving only around 300 or less damage from one of his attacks.

4. If you do get paladins, the spell phantom should be cast on them about every other turn. This will make another stack of paladins that not only have the ability to give one of your units another turn, but also to heal your fallen units. i have beaten K'tahuu, baal, and gremelion on impossible with no losses, and i did it with ease using just a single stack of paladins because they are so useful.

5. K'tahuu has a weak spot. If your looking right at him, its the second hex to the very left. If you attack there, you will not get hurt. Keep in mind that any units standing to the right of that spot by him will though.

6. Also, make sure you get that talent in the might tree that allows you to gain attack each time you kill and enemy. My paladins ended up having an attack of around 230 by the time i killed baal and k'tahuu.

if you follow this then you should be able to beat him really easially. Also, if you use the human army, dont use bowmen, priest, inquisitors, or archmages since they tend to die before they have a chance to do anything useful.

smikkel
12-26-2010, 04:48 PM
Clinec, many thanks for the tips.

I cleaned most of the lands, I think. Even Demenion himself wasn't too difficult to defeat, but I never got across K'tahu and Zylgadis. I manage to kill the gremlion, but what remains of my troops is insufficient to defeat all the troops the boss put on the battlefield.

Meanwhile I put the paladin pricess away and started anew with a warrior (also on easy level). If this works out better (keeping your advice in mind) I 'll pick up the paladin again to try to finish that game also.

Thanks