PDA

View Full Version : Problems in starting a new game

baral1234
07-20-2010, 10:04 PM
I just buy the game and am having problems. When I try to create a new game the loading screen appears and after loading the screen goes black with a guy talking about some things and after about 3 seconds the voice keeps repeating like a broken record and I have to restart my computer.

Please help me.Thank you very much.

N3MES1S
07-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Try deactivating the vsync option in the options menu.

baral1234
07-22-2010, 05:37 PM
OK i will do that but how can i access this options menu?

N3MES1S
07-22-2010, 07:31 PM
In the main menu of the game, click on "options"...

baral1234
07-22-2010, 09:27 PM
If vsync means vertical synchronization i've done and haven't worked.Can you give me other advice?

N3MES1S
07-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Uff i really dont have any idea. Since u have the problem just on the introduction video (and thats the only video of the game) try to press ESC key to avoid watching the video (maybe is some issue with the video codec). IF this doesnt help.. i really dont know wat else to recommend.

kcwong
07-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I just buy the game and am having problems. When I try to create a new game the loading screen appears and after loading the screen goes black with a guy talking about some things and after about 3 seconds the voice keeps repeating like a broken record and I have to restart my computer.

Please help me.Thank you very much.

A wild guess would be your video driver/DirectX needs an update.

More information would be useful - video card model, operating System, etc.?

baral1234
07-23-2010, 12:26 AM
video card model:ATI Radeon X1200 Series
Operations sistem:Windows Xp service pack 3
What more do u need to know?

kcwong
07-23-2010, 05:55 AM
Have you checked if ATI has a newer driver?

Also, check Event Viewer:
1. Right-click My Computer, select Manage, select Event Viewer node.
OR
1. Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer.

2. Right-click Application node, select Clear Log. Clear the logs; you can save the old logs if you want. This is to remove clutter so you can easily spot relevant errors later.

3. Repeat 2. for System node.

4. Now go play Armored Princess to repeat the error.

5. After the error (and reboot if you need to), go back to Event Viewer. Check Application and System nodes to see if there are any warning and error logs.

6. If you find any errors/warnings, right-click the nodes and save the logs to a file. Zip them up and upload them somewhere for us to see.

N3MES1S
07-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Well, maybe its not, but ¿have u checked the graphics card temperature when u run AP?

baral1234
07-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Have you checked if ATI has a newer driver?

Also, check Event Viewer:
1. Right-click My Computer, select Manage, select Event Viewer node.
OR
1. Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer.

2. Right-click Application node, select Clear Log. Clear the logs; you can save the old logs if you want. This is to remove clutter so you can easily spot relevant errors later.

3. Repeat 2. for System node.

4. Now go play Armored Princess to repeat the error.

5. After the error (and reboot if you need to), go back to Event Viewer. Check Application and System nodes to see if there are any warning and error logs.

6. If you find any errors/warnings, right-click the nodes and save the logs to a file. Zip them up and upload them somewhere for us to see.

I've done what u've told but neither in Application nor in System there wasn't an error but there is an warning. Could u saw how can i save the log because i can't do that.

And i have updated the ATI driver.

¿have u checked the graphics card temperature when u run AP?
How can i do that?

kcwong
07-24-2010, 02:36 PM
I've done what u've told but neither in Application nor in System there wasn't an error but there is an warning. Could u saw how can i save the log because i can't do that.

You can right-click on Application and System in the tree view on the left. The option should be named either Export or Save Events or something similar.

How can i do that?

I don't have any machines with ATI card right now, so I don't know if ATI drivers provide this function (and log it to a file).

However I know there're unofficial tools to do that -
http://www.guru3d.com/article/ati-tray-tools-/

Both ATI Tools and RiverTuner should be able to do that, but my personal experience was with ATI Tools (I used ATI cards before).

Other things you can try:
- Lower Armored Princess's graphics settings... everything to the lowest. If it runs, then slowly turn some options back higher.
- Disable all sounds in Armored Princess.

Do the above one at a time, and see if it makes any difference.

baral1234
07-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Other things you can try:
- Lower Armored Princess's graphics settings... everything to the lowest. If it runs, then slowly turn some options back higher.
- Disable all sounds in Armored Princess.

Do the above one at a time, and see if it makes any difference.

I was doing this but when i was changing the shadows quality to the lowest (neutral) and the famous black scream appeared again soo i think the problem is there.(driver already updated)

The warning informations for u see:
Type Date Time Source Category Event User
Warning 24/7/2010 13:45:03 Dhcp none 1003 N/A

N3MES1S
07-24-2010, 07:17 PM

And i have updated the ATI driver.

How can i do that?

Use some temperature monitor programs, like MBM (Motherboard monitor) or EVEREST. Another nice program is SIV (System imformation viewer).

kcwong
07-25-2010, 05:38 AM
The warning informations for u see:
Type Date Time Source Category Event User
Warning 24/7/2010 13:45:03 Dhcp none 1003 N/A

That error isn't related to the issue you're having. It's a networking operation failing to complete.

Are you just lowering shadow? Have you tried lowering everything - resolution to lowest, turn off anti-alias, no. of objects to lowest, min. view distance, etc.

Put every single settings to minimum, test. If it runs, turn one - just one - setting up one notch. Test again. Repeat until it happens again.

baral1234
07-25-2010, 05:32 PM
U didn't understand i was doing this but when i clicked at shadow option the computer frezed and after few minutes the black scream appeard.

kcwong
07-27-2010, 12:32 PM
U didn't understand i was doing this but when i clicked at shadow option the computer frezed and after few minutes the black scream appeard.

In that case you can do it manually.

KB:AP saves your settings in this folder:
<Documents>\<User name>\My Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Princess
In a file called "game.ini".

For Windows XP, if I remember correctly, <Documents> translates to "Documents and Settings". <User name> would be your Windows user name.

So if your Windows user name is "baral1234", you should find game.ini in:
C:\Documents and Settings\baral1234\My Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Princess\game.ini

Make a back up of your game.ini first, so you can restore it if you want.

Then replace the file's content with these...
setf ~screenresoultionx 1024
setf ~screenresoultiony 768
setf ~windowed 0
setf ~aspectratiox 0
setf ~aspectratioy 0
setf ~shadowresolution 0
setf ~bookquality 5
setf ~map_camera_sens_x 0.085900
setf ~map_camera_sens_y 0.085900
setf ~map_camera_wheel_sens -0.500000
setf ~map_camera_dist_sens 15.550000
setf ~arena_camera_sens_x 0.085900
setf ~arena_camera_sens_y 0.085900
setf ~arena_camera_wheel_sens 0.500000
setf ~highlight_arena 1
setf ~slowsave 0
setf ~enablewsad 0
setf ~rotateradar 1
setf ~enableautosave 1
setf ~enablestereomode 0
setf ~stereocamprojtype 0
setf ~stereoeyesdist 0.063900
setf ~stereo_offtime 10.000000
setf ~showflyingdead 2
setf ~save_combat_replay_log 0
setf ~apprehensive_must_die 0
setf ~disable_3d_mainpanel 0
setf ~heroskin -1
setf ~fight_info 0
setf ~r_shadowmap_4sample 0
setf ~r_blur_shadowmap 0
setf ~r_vsync 0
setf ~r_fsaa 0
setf ~disablefightlog 0
setf ~r_filter 2
setf ~cl_master_vol 1.000000
setf ~cl_sounds_vol 0.660000
setf ~cl_music_vol 0.340000
setf ~r_gamma 1.000000
setf ~r_anim_speed 0
setf ~r_clip_distance 2
setf ~r_refresh_rate 0
setf ~r_water_quality 1
setf ~autocamera 2
setf ~clip_cursor 1
setf ~splitnumchar 44
setf ~r_skipmip_landscape 2
setf ~r_skipmip_particles 0
setf ~r_skipmip_units 2
setf ~r_skipmip_other 2
setf ~cl_sounds 0
setf ~cl_music 0
setf ~cl_movies 1
setf ~in_mem_maps 2
setf ~in_mem_arenas 2
setf ~r_use_adapter 0
setf ~streaming 0
setf ~lastbuildrun 5730

I created the above game.ini by opening my game and turning all video and sound settings off or set at minimum.

Try and see if you can run the game with those settings. If yes, then turn the settings up slowly (while staying away from the shadow option of course).

But clearly from your report of crashing when adjusting shadow settings, you have a problem with either your video card, video driver, DirectX or perhaps other hardware (like motherboard or power supply).

Follow N3MES1S and my advice and see if your video card is overheating.

Use a 3D benchmark program (e.g. 3DMark), see if your card can run the full test without crashing.

Also I just realize you didn't mention if your system can run other 3D games or not...

baral1234
07-30-2010, 01:07 AM
hi i am back,
i did what i told me to do.

1.i have replaced the C:\Documents and Settings\<User name>\My Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty Princess\game.ini files as u asked me to do but when i ran the game my computer frezed at the main menu with no clicks.

2.I have downloaded and ran the 3DMark.It worked fine but very VERY slow and my score was 400 3DMarks(VERY LOW).

3.And i can run 3D games.

Aliba
10-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi,

I have the same problem. I think it's because of the graphic card (I have the same model ATI Radeon X1200 series). As i saw in requirements the game require shaders v.3.0 and as far as i know this card does not have such a thing.

Well, I might be wrong but anyway looks like this type of card can't manage to run the game...