PDA

View Full Version : Increase stack size with sacrifice?

jynki
07-20-2010, 11:30 AM
I head that you could increase the stack size of a unit with the spell sacrifice and thereby get high numbers of rare units. however i only seem to be able to regain lost units. i try to sacrifice high level units but when i try to use it on units with full health thereĀ“s just a question mark...

Am I doing something wrong or did they change the sacrifice spells? I dont use any of the latest 2 patches

Razorflame
07-20-2010, 01:32 PM
sacrifice works like this

u sacrifice one unit(for x amount of damage)

the damage taken from that unit will be transefered to that unit u selected

if the damage is lower than the health of the unit, the unit will only get healed

if your doing it a healty stack*(since the beginning of the fight)
u get added units(but beware of them going out of control)

Zechnophobe
07-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Actually, you cannot do a partial heal as razorflame describes.

If the second stack (being added to) is comprised of units with HP greater than the amount of health given to them, it will not work and you cannot target them.

Example:

I use a level 1 sacrifice to do 1000 damage to my Vampires. It will convert that to 400 health. If I try to give that health to my Ogre (680 hit points) it will not work, since 400 is less than 680. Whereas if you deal 2000 damage with a level 3 Sacrifice, you'll get 1200 Health back, enough to create a new ogre (Or even red or green dragon!).

Razorflame
07-21-2010, 11:34 AM
if u got a damaged stack u can do partially heal?

Zechnophobe
07-21-2010, 08:55 PM
You cannot heal part of the hit points of a creature. Sacrifice actually only gives you exact increments of unit health, unlike, say, resurrection.

This is so that you can't do something like 'heal' a full HP red dragon by 10 health to get a new red dragon with 10 HP in it.

Razorflame
07-22-2010, 12:16 PM
well let\'s say u got 1000 damage on the sacrifice

your ancient ent got 300 hp

i'm quite sure u can heal the bugger to full hp
since 1k hp fits in his hp box since he got 1300 IIRC
^^