PDA

View Full Version : About kiting

kiwi_atrax
07-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Hello.

I really need to be able to kite my way to Elona, and I barely get to Rusty Anchor :(. The problem are not the scroll guards (which sometimes I manage to move away) but random monsters. For example, every time I try get to the Verona map in Bolo I get the aggro of a nasty monster eye (my game is in russian, dunno the translation) who is fast as hell :mad: and pursues me to my ship. And there are other units who get in the way... So how should I do it?

Zechnophobe
07-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Just takes practice. If you are going to sneak around and get stuff, you'll need to get used to side stepping, or going past someone who is aware of you.

Beholders, vampire bats, and a few other things are really fast on the overland map, and can be difficult to get past.

Heres One tip: If you pause the game (with space bar) and then do a quick save, if you reload the game, it will still be paused. Use this to save right before 'putting a move' on someone, to make sure you do it right.

kiwi_atrax
07-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Oh thanks for the tip... I just managed to steal the amulet from the "Gromozeka" this way. Still I have to move a pirate from rusty anchor... I just want to get Moro Dark before I fight any demon/ undead

Metathron
07-18-2010, 01:45 PM
If you don't want to bother with kiting, there's also a mod that reveals all islands when you start the game: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14877