PDA

View Full Version : No loss without kiting - advice plz

mare911
07-04-2010, 08:45 AM
I started impossible warrior game and I am trying to achieve no loss without kiting (because with kiting i felt like cheater in my previous no loss game).
As you know in 1st 30% of game you dont have access to useful spells (i dont even have a trap spell, KBscanner says that 1st is in some shop in Verona), and i am pretty much restricted to low lvl units.
Currently I have few archmages (just for utility spells), griffins, inquisitors, royal snakes and bowmans/bears. 2300 leadership, almost no items (just few +1's) and money.
At this point i am in tight situation - often my inquisitors dont have enough ress power for all lost units or 2 or 3 stacks are damaged so i cant restore them all.

Is anyone tried no loss/no kiting before? Any advice will be appreciated

loreangelicus
07-04-2010, 05:01 PM
2,300 leadership, so you must be at your 3rd-4th island. Get Droids (3 stacks, 2 repair droids, 1 guard droids) and Cyclops from Bolo; Archmages or Royal Thorns (from Debir or Verona) at the 5th slot. In short, stick to the highest hit point units that you can lay your hands on. At that early stage, your units should either self-resurrect (droids) or be tough enough to take on damage without casualties (Cyclop, Royal Thorns, Archmage with magic shield).

No Call Colossus from digging chests? 2,000 leadership gives you a red dragon, 2,500 a black dragon, which would make the early islands a LOT easier for a warrior on impossible.

mare911
07-04-2010, 05:37 PM
You are right, i have taken all powerups on 1st 4 islands (except maps ofc).

I tried your advice and bought 2 stacks of repair droids so far (i dont have money for guard droids and cyclops yet) replacing bears and griffins.
I won 2 fights using droids as self repairing tanks, we will see how its going when i manage to save up for cyclops :grin:

karabaja
07-05-2010, 09:12 AM
2,300 leadership, so you must be at your 3rd-4th island. Get Droids (3 stacks, 2 repair droids, 1 guard droids) and Cyclops from Bolo; Archmages or Royal Thorns (from Debir or Verona) at the 5th slot. In short, stick to the highest hit point units that you can lay your hands on. At that early stage, your units should either self-resurrect (droids) or be tough enough to take on damage without casualties (Cyclop, Royal Thorns, Archmage with magic shield).
i would just add that in early game, when fighting against enemy heroes he removes royal thorns out of equation, because they intend to cast flame arrow on your thorns repeatedly, so no loss is very hard to achieve. against armies with no heroes they are great choice.

Heroe
07-05-2010, 06:23 PM
why you guys always emphasize the no loss gameplay? Does the game becomes not interesting if you loose a couple of units in each battle? Whats the big deal??? :confused:

loreangelicus
07-07-2010, 11:11 AM
why you guys always emphasize the no loss gameplay? Does the game becomes not interesting if you loose a couple of units in each battle? Whats the big deal??? :confused:

To each his own I guess. But you have to admit that it is quite beneficial not to lose any units since:

1) you get to save money to spend on other units and items

2) you get to achieve the no-loss medal quicker

On impossible the advantage of no-loss is even more evident, especially if you are going for a quick game as well (around 7 days) since you really don't have time to be running around replenishing your troop stacks even if you did have money to spend.

Zechnophobe
07-07-2010, 05:26 PM
So, assuming 'kiting' means to actually pull immobile troops away from maps, and not like, running around an island grabbing loot willy - nilly:

Royal thorns are great, as are Inquisitors and paladins. This probably isn't news to you. Most of my early game will be something like:

Bowmen,
Royal Snakes
Paladins
Inquisitors
Royal Thorns

Depending on how things go. Your best friend is, as usual, the EGD on Rusty Anchor. A lot of the strategy you will employ is based, however, on the spells and items you have early on. Target? Super helpful. Blind or PHantom? Also quite powerful.

Also, be very careful with how you level up your dragon. You may be able to use Mystic Egg + Ball lightning to win some pretty stupid battles against all melee forces. (Egg summons troops, troops that die and deal damage to generate rage, rage you use to summon more eggs).

kcwong
07-09-2010, 05:23 AM
So, assuming 'kiting' means to actually pull immobile troops away from maps, and not like, running around an island grabbing loot willy - nilly:

Royal thorns are great, as are Inquisitors and paladins. This probably isn't news to you. Most of my early game will be something like:

Bowmen,
Royal Snakes
Paladins
Inquisitors
Royal Thorns

But not all of those are early units... :o

Royal snakes require you to beat enemy snakes
Royal thorns is out of reach until you get some more leadership
Paladin is usually only available after you return the amulet from Bolo, some nasty roaming stacks and a big bad boss have to be dealt with.

If you don't kite at all, it will be quite difficult to get that army lineup with no loss.

Bad luck can also contribute to this, I've seen archmage and demonologist stacks even on first few islands. Without kiting to get more leadership and troops you will be in a very difficult position to fight them without loss.

I recently started my first impossible game as a paladin. I am trying to clear the first three islands, but I lost 2 inquisitors in a fight with werewolves. I had to hide away my swordsman and bowman because of the werewolves, and the enemy has one assassin, 2 robbers and 1 pirate. I had 4 royal thorns, 27 or so royal snakes and inquisitors. Sadly Bolo only has ancient bears, berserkers and barbarians.

mare911
07-09-2010, 02:23 PM
But not all of those are early units... :o

Royal snakes require you to beat enemy snakes
Royal thorns is out of reach until you get some more leadership
Paladin is usually only available after you return the amulet from Bolo, some nasty roaming stacks and a big bad boss have to be dealt with.

If you don't kite at all, it will be quite difficult to get that army lineup with no loss.

Royal snakes are pretty easy fight even with stock troops except if you rush to it too soon
Royal thorns/cyclops are too expensive to start with (from my experience so far)
Paladins are out of picture early on because with no kiting you cant get stone from Bolo (on early lvls)

I am trying with repair/guard droids now and so far battles are manageable (well, maybe with few tries per battle) :-)