PDA

View Full Version : most annoying creature to kill

Razorflame
06-28-2010, 05:06 PM
ok here's the deal
make a list of the most annoying enemy stack u have to kill for a NO loss RUN
(and hopefully get a good tip too waste them;)

1. shamans( especially high stacks of shamans who can't be magic shackled

my tip for this enemy is too use mass magic shackles, it has a mass effect which keeps them doing only normal attack and not those pesky axes and totems which can deal a shitload of damage :O

2. black dragons

another big annoyce they are almost impossible to kill especially with a mage
my tip is trap(trap does work on black dragons

3. archidemons

oh boy they are pesky little bastards, they got alot of hp and do good damage

my tip be sure to be first and then place a trap:P

4. GIANTS (not very strong units but their special makes it horrible

tip is get alot of soaring or flying units. so their special is useless

5. high stacks of cyclopses

they take lots of damage before they die(they have alot of high physcial resistance and spells don't do much damage either)

i ussualy use a summoned unit to keep them busy while i aim with my archers on them)

6. brontors

make a summoned unit in front of them so they run to it
then hammer them with rest of the units

clinek
06-28-2010, 07:48 PM
what happens when you have a compilation of shamans, brontors, black dragons, cyclopses ect :). Ive had that before and its a real pain in the ass to do. I agree with you though, you did pick some of the worst units to fight.

Shamans: one weakness for them you can cast magic shackles or fear on them. If you have low level units in your army, shamans dont really cause too much trouble but higher level units suffer massive casualties against thier magic axe. Fear them if you have all level 5 units in your army or magic shackle them.

black dragons: death star is your best friend against the bastards. if your a mage, cast fear on one of the archers or something then cast death star on the dragons. Blackies are the number one pain in the ass so you want to kill them first before any other unit PERIOD.

Archdemons: excorcism works pretty well against them. if there are multiple stacks of them, then use geyser. Remember that if you are a mage, the higher magic skill only allows you to cast a spell under 20 mana or you will not get a second spell that turn. Use another spell like fear or something to disable another unit before casting geyser, excorcism, death star, ect.

Giants: they never seem to cause too many problems for me. Then again, i use bone, black, green, and red dragons along with archdemons in my army. they only affect the archdemons so its really not a concern for me if they are alive or not.

cyclopses: They do really shitty range damage. just dont get units close enough to them so that they can hit you with thier melee attack. Just like any archer, kill them before melee units but get rid of the rest of the archers before them since they really wont cause too many problems unless the stack is truly MASSIVE. In that case though, your f u c k e d anyways. the biggest problem is thier high resistances. use death star if needed or just use ghost blade, magic axe, ect.

Brontors: god i hate them. they are immune to mind spells so no fear, blind, hypnosis, ect. pygmy them. that way they dont do all that much damage. Just remeber, if they cant use thier charge ability, they will burrow underground. If you cant pygmy before they burrow, the spell will be canceled once they do. They are weak against fire your use firerain against them. A lot of them will die each round once they are burned.

another units which is really a pain in the ass are red dragons. They do insane damage and can hit you from anywhere on the battlefield. They are like a black dragon archer! The difference is that they are not immune to spells. Decimate them with geyser and death star. ghost blade also works pretty well against them too.

Razorflame
06-28-2010, 08:43 PM
yeah rest of the enemies seems to be real easy ;-)

or have i forgotten one? xD

Zechnophobe
06-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Cast Plague on Black Dragons, it pulls them down a peg or two pretty nicely. Especially effective if you are undead.

In the early game, assassin's are annoying to fight. Chance to poison, good damage potentially at range. A great tactic is to move someone out, then put a trap behind them, and wait with the rest of your units. The Assassin's hop out to backstab, hit the trap, don't backstab, and don't return to where they started.

Giants are annoying but not very effective. Use air based units.

kcwong
06-29-2010, 12:12 AM
For me, the most annoying units are those with damage over time effects, as they get in the way when you're trying for a no-loss victory and they are the only units left. Alchemist is at the top of that list.

clinek
06-29-2010, 01:05 AM
great tactic is to move someone out, then put a trap behind them, and wait with the rest of your units. The Assassin's hop out to backstab, hit the trap, don't backstab, and don't return to where they started.

ha ha ha thats dick. I never thought of that. I would do that strategy more for comedy than anything else. Good idea.

For me, the most annoying units are those with damage over time effects, as they get in the way when you're trying for a no-loss victory and they are the only units left. Alchemist is at the top of that list.

yea they are a real pain in the ass. Fear and magic lock is your best bet. i prefer fear most for a few reasons.

1. its chaos magic. i always max out chaos magic before anything else since all yours damaging spells at the beggining of the game that have any real use are chaos spells

2. it last for 4 rounds. That gives you plenty of time to wipe out most threats and then kill the bastards later

3. it only cost 10 mana at level 3. I mean come on, only 10 mana. A mage could shit that out.

4. the enemies cannot attack at all if your army is of a higher level.

5. they changed this in KB:AP but in TL, it causes the enemy not to use any of thier skills.i remeber fighting demoness's in demonis and casting fear on them so that they couldn't use thier swap ability in TL but i tried using that tactic against a group of assasins in AP, needless to say, my units got a knife jabbed up thier asses:evil:

for some reason, the dwarven areas seem to be overloaded with cannoneers and alchemist. why? that makes things so difficult when you first go to montero or the dwarven land in TL. put more dwarves, miners, and foreman in the army, not archers.

Razorflame
06-29-2010, 03:16 AM
i love alchemist they always make my game no loss

for simple reasons;-)

let them throw their bottles

cast dispel

then safe it for last;-)

it has no retal

so that can be abused by magic spring :D

weidox
07-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Take 1 stack of any bears into your army, and you will always have a no retaliation unit - you will only need to position it well and time it well (against slower melee unit or speed 2 archer in a corner). Then, magic spring and ressurection or phantom with paladins.

N3MES1S
07-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Brontors are the most hard to kill creatures of the game, specially if u attack em with range units. I remember time ago i needed almost 30 minutes to kill an enemy with a 300 brontors stack. That was just horrible.

Shammans are dangerous units, its the first stack i use to attack before attacking anyone else. Depending on wat units do you have (shammans will attack first cyclops, beholders and something else) u need to kill em fast or not.

¿Black Dragons hard to kill with mage?? dont think so.. they are easy to kill, with mage, warrior or paladin. Dragons are not a real threat. Only if u have thorns or something fire vulnerable in your army.... ^^

cyclops are only dangerous on hard and impossible game modes, when u find a 50 cyclops stack, that is a really tough match, even harder than a 50 black dragon stack. U can put traps for dragons, or u can attack dragons with physical damaging creatures, but cyclops, attacking from distance and with that high universal defense are more hard to kill than dragons.

Bears are not a "no retaliation" units, weidox, u must be talking about some other units. Royal Snakes are no retaliation units, or assasins.

Assasins are easy to kill, u can use a lot of strategies, trap (i used to use the trap "method" xD) , or just dont move and wait till they make their special backstab move (just summon some unit or damage em till they have low stack). Or just move any poison resistant unit if u have no choice.

Pirates, Swordman, Sea Dogs and all the units that can avoide attacks are the most annoying units in the game. They can avoid more than 2 consecutive attacks lol. Thats maybe the only thing that should be fixed (its stupid when u launch 3 attacks on a sea dogs stack and they avoid the 3 attacks... wtf.. ?).

And yes, red dragons are far more dangerous than black dragons. Even if they die faster.

Razorflame
07-19-2010, 12:39 PM
lol dragons easier to kill than cyclopses?

rofl

i rather have a stack fo 50 cyclopses than a stack fo 50 dragons

cyclopses can only hit 1 stack

while a dragon can hit multiple stacks and give them the burning effect

N3MES1S
07-19-2010, 07:09 PM
yup, on high stacks dragons are easier to kill than cyclops. Its a fact.

clinek
07-19-2010, 07:54 PM
it all depends on which strategy you use. If you use green dragons with invisibility, the only danger to you are units with really high initiative. Archdemons and furious goblins in particular can really be a pain in the ass when paired with a hero. When you fight the orc heroes on elon, and furious goblins have an initiative of 10, they are the first ones needed to be wiped out, yet there are multiple stacks consisting of thousands each. Needless to say, if they hit you once, you are losing several units. Cyclopses are really easy to kill if you use inivisibility, and in most cases, so are dragons. Thorns can suck to kill like this. All units are beatable with relative ease if you use the right strategy. With thorns, you use dragons (black and red). When fighting assasins, cyclopses, dragons, and such, you use a high initiative unit and invisibility. When fighting elenhel, the mage on elon, or the lizard heroe in montero, you use black dragons to avoid all the spell damage. Finally, when fighting bosses, you use paladins with phantom+ stone skin+ frenzy. When i fought k'tahuu, my paladins ended up with an attack around 250 or so when the fight was finished.

The one thing i noticed is towards the end of the game, you should only be using a single stack of units that have a high speed to run away while dealing damage of time spells like fire arrow, poisen skull, and ball of lightning.

Razorflame
07-19-2010, 09:22 PM
yup, on high stacks dragons are easier to kill than cyclops. Its a fact.

i rather fights cyclopses they are alot easier to bug
than dragons
they are a pain in the ass

just place a summon near the cyclops and it will never hurt your real units;)

clinek
07-20-2010, 03:06 AM
...yea i think cyclopses are little bit easier to kill than dragons. cyclopses do very little damage from ranged attacks. I tend to take out other archers before them even if thier numbers are large. Thier true power is seen in close quarter combat with use of thier skills. Sure they have incredible resistance but thier damage is pathetic for a level 5 unit. You can have 14 cyclopses attack a dragon and it wont kill them but how about 14 black dragons? I cant beleive this is even an arguement.

Cyclopses can be a really big pain in the ass at times but they also have no magic resistance which allows for you to take them out really easially with spells that cause magic damage. a couple of magic axes and thier entire squad is destroyed. Of course black dragons can be killed with death star but that is also a huge tax on mana and you would only be able to use the spell once per turn as opposed to magic axe.

I dont really think green or red dragons are that much of a threat due to geyser which can absolutely destroy thier stack but when we talk about black dragons, they are a nightmare for mages. You can cast trap if you know where they are going to go but after the first round, it becomes difficult to predict. Thier regular attack is devastating to all units save for archdemons, red dragons, and of course black dragons but if they manage to nail you with thier flying fire breath, your getting heavy losses. Keep in mind they also have a high chance of burning which significantly lower your defense and cause damage over time.

Dont get me wrong, cyclopses are a real bitch to kill in large numbers, but they just dont compare in any way to black dragons

Razorflame
07-20-2010, 11:12 AM
black dragons can be easily ripped with
armageddon;-)
or death star
^^

just use 2 big stacks of repair droids
and gg no re for the dragons;D

clinek
07-20-2010, 03:55 PM
black dragons can be easily ripped with
armageddon
or death star

death star and armageddon destroy any unit though. Like i said, both of those spells require a shit load of mana and you can only use that spell once per turn to damage black dragons.

Razorflame
07-20-2010, 04:27 PM
i thought death star was only to any living unit?

armageddon is astral+burning

but i can be mistaken on the deathstar

but in most cases u only need to cast armageddon once;-)
for 10k damage ^^
kill alot of dragon :D

clinek
07-21-2010, 12:29 AM
i thought death star was only to any living unit?

No. I killed the entire stack of black knights in moro dark's army by using death star.

but in most cases u only need to cast armageddon once
for 10k damage ^^

i dont know what kinda luck you have had to get armageddon to do 10k damage but for people who obviously have shitty luck with items like me, it averages around 4-6 thousand damage. I usually end up with 40-50 intellect (50-60 with wander scroll) and thats with me finding all good items like dead skull, those crazy shoes from the gift bag, ect...

and yea... 10k damage will kill a lot of just about anything. Except those massive stacks of 2000+ dyrads. Thats always a real pain in the ass

IceBlade
07-23-2010, 08:50 AM
I think that Necromancers can be very annoying, specially if you don't have a strong army or spells.

Razorflame
07-23-2010, 12:33 PM
i got my intellect on 58 :)^^
and i ain\'t using the gift bag :D

necromancers ain;t very annoying they do low damage

esp when u use droids

they have no chance at all;)

N3MES1S
07-23-2010, 02:08 PM
I always trap Black Dragons and once they are trapped, they are too easy to kill (i also have good fire resistance units in my army, so thats y black dragons are more easier than cyclops for me). And no, cyclops wont attack a closer unit if they can, if u summon a unit in front of a cyclops and the cyclops has space to move, he will move and will attack that unit or the weaker one. And if cyclop can use range attack, he will always use ranged attack, with the xception for the level 4-5 units. Level 4-5 units are a primary target for cyclops if they are in melee range. Of course, neither on easy or normal (and maybe on hard too) high stacks of cyclops or bdragons is not a real threat. I always play on impossible..

Necromancers are a weak and easy to kill unit, i never target em as first, maybe i shot they a couple of times, so their stack is reduced, but after that, i focus on the other units. I really dont care about the summoned units of the necro -.-. Demonologists are by far more dangerous. But the units i hate are , all the units that can avoid attacks (demoness, pirates, swordman, etc), brontors (omg a stack of 400 brontors are just really boring to kill zzz), archdemons (i hate when they do "half" on my level 5 units.. grr but almost they are not too hard to kill),and sometimes i really hate shammans, maybe cuz i used to play with evil beholders and cyclops and they are the first target of shamman axes.

clinek
07-23-2010, 04:04 PM
like i said, all units are easy to beat without losses depending on the strategy that you use.

Razorflame
07-24-2010, 05:57 PM
still since the game is random
you won't be able to use every bitsy easy strat at hand;-)

sometimes u have to think out of the box ;)

Sylvine
08-08-2010, 01:02 PM
I rarely have trouble with cyclopses, but maybe that's because I (somewhat oddly) actually like order magic, and thus often have lvl3 helplessness availble. Strip away their defense, and they're suddenly very killable x]

~Sylv

Razorflame
08-08-2010, 04:56 PM
why helpnesless
pygmy is way better;-)

Zechnophobe
08-09-2010, 06:12 PM
why helpnesless
pygmy is way better;-)

1. Not per mana
2. Not against level 5 units.

Razorflame
08-10-2010, 08:45 AM
huh?

pygmy makes -20 health on level 1 alone
that is huge

:D

Metathron
08-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Like Z said, it doesn't work on level 5s, though and it costs a lot more mana which you might not have.

Razorflame
08-11-2010, 12:24 AM
ahh :P
^.^

should play kb:ap again xD

Minecontrol
08-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Demoness (switching your vulnerable archer troop with their tank)
Shaman
Catapult (you have to take them on immediately as fire is more dangerous than it was in legend)
Goblins (their speed and the way they become hasted when attacked)
Fairies (damage is magical so stoneskin will not help if you use Divine Armor there are also ones which use dispel and DA is an expensive spell)

Ancient Vampires for me were very awkward as i had very high critical chance, there were a few battles where i was forced to use damage spells to thin out a stack of Ancient Vampires as none of my troops (except Red Dragon Fireflood ability) could injure them due to Deaths' Evasion.

Giants are always annoying to fight too, helplessness helps to bring them down quick however.

ludak021
10-12-2010, 02:58 PM
droids vs necromancers? Sure, it a good idea to take -50% magic units to fight stacks that do magic damage, AoE magic damage mind you :D

it all depends what level are you, what spells do you have etc. Sure, 100 necromancers in 2 stacks are easy to beat with 150x2 repair droids, but is it easy to do it with 50x2? How about 20x2? Same goes for every other unit.

there is nothing easier that beating that dragon's lair on Montero, when you are level 40 with set of darkness, grinning stack of 200 Black Knights (+3 moral boost, always retalite) with axe of lightning and dragon slayer level 2 cast on them. They will slay those 150 dragons in 3 turns XD

as far as cyclopses go, casting helpness on them makes them tough as butter :D Casting Hell Breath on your paladins or whatever is going to have a go on them makes cyclopses melt, 10 or 50...doesn't mater, they are going to get 200+ % more damge then usual...

for me, brontors are thougest, especially if you can't magick lock them and they burrow. Pain in the ass reallly :/

klejf
12-03-2010, 07:05 PM
repair droids, definitely

annoying like :M

Tianx
04-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Stacks of Alchemist have been a pain lately for me esp. in CW since they do an AOE poison damage that can hit up to 4-5 units and they can keep recharging their ability.