PDA

View Full Version : Advice for impossible Paladin?

hyn
06-28-2010, 11:20 AM
This is my second try at impossible Paladin. I know I'm supposed to get the Resurrection skill asap, but I can't even get there.

The first island is easy but from the second island it starts to get ridiculously hard. By then time I get to the third island (lv 9, 10 ish) almost all enemies are Lethal, and no matter what I do I lose stacks of units every single battle. Also, how are you supposed to beat the catacomb boss (machine thing)? The repair bots have ridiculous physical resistance, mobility and range.
I'm not even talking about a no loss challenge.

Please give me some advice.

My main units are:
Polar bears (I try to keep them alive but against 100+ stacks of pirates and other crap, there's no chance)
Inquisiitors
Priests
Seadogs
Bowmen

kcwong
06-28-2010, 11:31 AM
how are you supposed to beat the catacomb boss (machine thing)?

You are doing that before or after grabbing the amulet?

hyn
06-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Sorry, which amulet? I have to say I'm relatively new to this game.

N3MES1S
06-28-2010, 11:46 AM
I am playing on impossible with paladin. 0 losses and right now i am on Sheterra. I have rank 3 on the resurrection skill. The trick is accumulate mind runes, dont waste it when u level up, and raise only the resurrection tree. (i didnt do that, cuz i dont have any problems about, but for a beginner like u, u should focus on the mind tree).

hyn
06-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks. I was spending some Mind Runes on the other 2 trees, I guess I should beeline to Res. Any advice for units to use?

impy
06-28-2010, 12:19 PM
get green dragon from rusty island quest. with archmagi casting magic shield on him, the dragon will be the only unit sent forward to intercept and slow down the enemies while you shoot with inquisitors, beholders from behind. Heal dragon with hero+inquisitors. Use pet dragon, traps. Definitely get royal snakes preferably with snake boots.

Razorflame
06-28-2010, 12:31 PM
your army is pretty weak ;-)

priest?!?!? lol
polar bears?!?!?

exchange as soon as possible
and now your on it anyway
change bowmen and seadog as well;)

get any of these

royal thorns/archimages/(the random level 4 unit on scarlet wind), inqi's/royal snakes/paladins/horseman

(these are all possible for the first 2 islands

hyn
06-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Working on these now, started from beginning. Where do you find horsemen?

bladeking77
06-28-2010, 12:48 PM
By my opinion, best units are:

-Inquisitors
-Paladins
-Royal Griffins
-Royal Thorns
-Any 5th level units are welcome

Later on, once you find Knights and Horsemen, they are also useful. And don't forget Black Knights, as they are probably THE most powerful units in game. You probably won't get all of these units, so try taking those you did.

For start, you can use the tactic I always used:

One stack of Fighter Droids and One stack of Repair Droids. Split the Repair Droids in two, so that they can repair one another as well as the Fighter Droids. This way you will be able to Repair your Droids fully at all battles. If you find that 2\5 of your army is too little to defeat some enemies, you can fill the remaining 2 Stacks with the units I mentioned above, or any units you like, but keep the Repair Droids split in two, even as it means you will only be able to carry 4\5 instead 5\5 of your Army. This tactic is awesome if you aim for "no loss", especially when you want to get "Great Strategist" Medal, as soon, as possible.

Razorflame
06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Working on these now, started from beginning. Where do you find horsemen?

if your lucky they are found on scarlet wind by the inn where the drunkard lies next to

or if your VERY lucky
then u can find them after the recruiter in the tent