PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to Windows 7, cant run anymore

Elias_Maluco
06-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Hello all.

I have been playing KB: AP a lot, love it.

But recently I gave my PC a major upgrade, changed almost everything. Then, I backed up my files, formated my HDs, and reinstalled everything. And this time, I decided to finally go with Windows 7.

Unfortunately, I found that I cant run KB: AP anymore. I re-downloaded it from Gamersgate, installed it, applied the gift pack. Then I try to run, activation screen pops up, I activated it using my serial. Then nothing.

Try again. Mouse cursor changes to hourglass, disk activity can be heard, then.. nothing. Cursor goes back to arrow, no error messages, literally nothing. Happens everytime I try it. Tried running in XP compatibility mode: nothing. Tried running as admin: nothing.

I already have some other games installed(namely: Stalker: Cry of Prypat, Anno 1404, Gothic 3 and Portal). All running fine. No crashes at all so far.

My system:

AMD Phenon II 3.4mhz CPU
2x2gb RAM DDR 1333 (g-skill)
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard
ATI Radeon 5770
Windows 7 Ultimate

The video-card I already had prior to this upgrade, everything else is new. I was playing AP with this same video card in my old config (with Windows xp), and it was working fine.

I do know AP is reported to work fine in Windows 7, so its something on my config. But what? Fact there is no error messages makes pretty hard to locate whats wrong. What can be happening? How can I find out whats making the game fail?

Any help will be much appreciated.

N3MES1S
06-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Trying to figure it out wats causing the problem will be too hard. U can try to modify the game.ini file and change game and graphic options, thats the only thing i can suggest you. And if u can, run the game on windows xp/vista compatibilty mode.

loreangelicus
06-08-2010, 01:13 AM
Are you sure you didn't just run out of activations that are tied up to your serial? That's what happened in my case with my copy of KBAP from Gamer'sGate; I went through 3 reformats and two laptop changes.

But if this is the case it should throw an error like "invalid serial" or something. If this is indeed your issue, simply email Gamer'sGate support and they would send you a new serial (well, they won't actually send you the new serial in the email reply, but would instead change the serial available in your Gamer'sGate account for KBAP).

N3MES1S
06-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Are you sure you didn't just run out of activations that are tied up to your serial? That's what happened in my case with my copy of KBAP from Gamer'sGate; I went through 3 reformats and two laptop changes.

But if this is the case it should throw an error like "invalid serial" or something. If this is indeed your issue, simply email Gamer'sGate support and they would send you a new serial (well, they won't actually send you the new serial in the email reply, but would instead change the serial available in your Gamer'sGate account for KBAP).

¿? if u read his post, he didnt say anything about serial msgs. His screen turns black and the game do nothing. I think thats a graphic issue or something else like some incompatibilty with windows 7, maybe the graphic libraries (btw, have u tried to run the dxdiag and see if there are any problems?). But if the game just hang at the time to show up the first game image (the main menu screen), then, is something with the resolution/refresh rate/graphics issue. But only maybe..

Elias_Maluco
06-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Hey all.

Tried again yesterday and.. it worked. I made no changes, nothing. It just worked.

Now is running flawlessly, all settings maxed out. Have no idea what happened before, perhaps the game required a system restart after install?

I dont know, but Im happy anyway.