PDA

View Full Version : demonlogist-summon bug?

Razorflame
06-02-2010, 02:29 AM
So here is the deal
i battle against bryan fold or however that dude is called(on verona the farmer that get's seduced by demonesse)

he had like 4 stack of 1,5k peasants

and 70 demonesses

i had royal griffies/inqi's/demonlogist/evil beholders/beholders

i used 2 fear spells on 2 stacks of peasants
and let teh other 2 sleep

now i summon demons from the demonlogist ability

(you can never control these units) don't know why but oh well w/e

how ever on the second turn the demoness seduced my executioners

(while 2 stacks of peasants were sleeping 2 were feared, demones was feared too) so the bugger doesn't cast any spells

but when my executioner was seduced HE COULD CAST SPELLS :o:o:o:o:confused::confused:

i mean i can't control the bugger so why should he be able to cast spells?
-.-
this a little bug?

KongMysen
06-02-2010, 04:38 AM
It's not a bug...
It's cheating!!!

Computer controls Executioners, computer controls Bryan... -cheating!

rancor26
06-02-2010, 05:37 AM
I'm not sure did i understand you correctly but if you were talking about "charm" ability it only works on humanoids not for example on executioners.

Or were you talking about demoness being able to cast spell on executioner while feared? fear basically means he just can't attack enemies higher level than himself it doesn't say he wouldn't be able to cast spells.

Or were you suppose to say "demons" when you said "executioners"?

And as i said already how did demoness seduce your executioner (or demon) she doesn't have any kind of ability that would prevent demons or executioners from casting spells.

Razorflame
06-02-2010, 07:51 AM
what i meant was

besides the fact that executioners can be charmed

is when ALL enemy stacks from a HERO

are either feared/sleeping/sheeped

the enemy hero will not cast any spells

and the summoned unit from the demonlogist(which i cannot control)
that is getting seduced makes the enemy hero cast a spell
(which is unfair since i can't cast spells when the executor is moving/attacking)

ywhtptgt
06-02-2010, 08:26 AM
That's really how the game works and what happened doesn't break any rules (except maybe for the possibility of demons being seduced, which I am not sure)

Razorflame
06-02-2010, 09:23 AM
well it does

since it gives the computer a turn to cast spells on a unit where i can 't cast spells when its his turn

N3MES1S
06-02-2010, 07:08 PM
The hero cant cast spells while all their army are on sleep / fear mode??? i dont think so. I am tired of fighting heroes using that same tactic (using only level 5 troops) and doesnt matter if u have all his army with fear /sleep, he can cast a spell anyways depending on wat kind of spells have the enemy hero. Or maybe i really dont understand wat u mean. And summoned units by demonologist cant be controlled, lol, demonologist will be too cheat if they summon controlled units.

Razorflame
06-02-2010, 07:57 PM
omg i will explain it clear and simple

if an enemy stack is feared/sleeping/sheeped

YOU CANNOT control the stack BUT NEITHER CAN THE COMPUTER
what does this mean? that the HERO controlling the stack can't cast spells
since it will lose it's turn of the UNIT IMMEDIATLY(no control of it)

and when u cannot control u cannot cast spells

and in my example
the summoned unit from the demonologist. CANNOT BE controlled

so when the demoness SEDUCED IT(THE CPU COULD CONTROL MY EXECUTIONER)

and he CASTED A SPELL(which is a BUG)

and i'm not a level 5 unit user i hate em:)
^^
level 4 ftw

Zechnophobe
06-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Well, I don't think this is a bug. The effect that causes the Executioners to become uncontrollable is simply overridden by the 'seduce' ability. It makes as much logic as anything else. You don't control the summoned demons because they have their own minds and are simply neutral to you. The Demoness' basically MIND CONTROL them allowing the 'hero' to give them orders, and giving him a chance to cast the spell.

Razorflame
06-03-2010, 02:35 AM
ah

but then it complies to the other bug

is a demon humanoid?:P

Zechnophobe
06-03-2010, 03:35 AM
Clearly. Humanoid refers to the layout of appendages and whatnot on a creature. It has two arms, two legs, a head with eyes... ergo a humanoid.

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanoid#Fiction if you are curious.

Razorflame
06-03-2010, 06:28 AM
2 legs not 2 not goat legs xD

u can seduce a cerberus IIRC

BB Shockwave
06-03-2010, 10:26 AM
That is perfectly logical, in fact when I Hypnotized summoned enemy Demons I could control them normally.

You should try hypnotising your summoned executioners with your Evil Beholders, see whether that makes them controllable!

Zechnophobe
06-03-2010, 10:23 PM
2 legs not 2 not goat legs xD

u can seduce a cerberus IIRC

Go try that real quick. I'm pretty sure you will fail gloriously. And Legs = Legs, no matter if it has toes or hoofs on the end.