PDA

View Full Version : Broken Game. Broken Company.

mc_sizzle
05-27-2010, 11:57 PM
So I've been surfing the web for days now for a solution to the crashes since I purchased both armored princess and legends. I can not play either one! I'm a heavy gamer and I have never had so much trouble with a game or any software as much as I have had with this one in my life... I've literally tried all 170-190 series nvidia drivers for my 8600m gt (even the modified ones from laptop2go and beta driver from nvidia.com), updated my directx, my runtime libraries, my audio drivers, and even my chipset drivers... I've even installed steam and this game on my 2nd computer and it doesn't work on there either. I've tried every solution I've come across from these forums, steam, and google searches aswell with no luck. What does it take to get this game running? Both games literally crash every few mins... How can a company sell a game broken like this? I mean, I haven't even been able to find any official word as to what they plan on doing about this problem or even if they care. It's obviously a huge problem from what anyone can find on this forum and it's all over the steam forums as well. It's very frustrating spending $50 only to end up researching for days on end with nothing to show for it. I've even sent in an email to tech support with my dxdiag reports, and a summary of my problem with no reply(of course it was much more civil and polite than this post), but still no word. Seriously, what's up with this company? I've ran into some horribly buggy programs and poor tech support, but these guys take the cake. :evil:

rancor26
05-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Poor tech support is propably because developers are russian so you have to live with it. Also maybe the company released this game because for 95% of the people this game works without any problems including me.

So in conclusion the game isn't broken and neither is company. There's always people like you who experience problems with some game and nothing built by humans is completely working without anyone having any problems. Hopefully you don't take this post offensive because it's not meant to be offensive just a couple of facts.

N3MES1S
05-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Have u tried to change the graphic options / or check the graphics card temperature, or something else, like a background program that is making the game crash? or something else? it is too easy to blame the company for something that is for surely wrong with your computer/system configuration, cuz almost all people playing this game are free of crashes.

jake21
05-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Which version of windows are you running? Have you checked your computer for ram or other issues ? I've not had anything problems with either kb games under widows xp (sp2 and now sp3) and either atii (1800) or nvidia (8800gts) graphic cards (but when I switched from ati to nvidia) i had a brief problem due to caching of certain raster images; took a while to figure out what had to be deleted. Also when I upgraded my monitor (old one died) the game would crash on start up and I had to manually edit the config file to add in the new resolution (the old one had a resolution that was not valid for the new one).

I will admit that kb-tl (the first game) is a bit buggy prior to patches but the steam version is already patched (I purchased the atari version first day it was available (i think 1.5) and had to patch it to 1.6 (russian patch) to get it to run correctly (atari refused to release a patch; not sure if they have - i don't think they ever did and you have to go through 1c or katurai; but 1.6 works well for me so I never updating to 1.7).

Zechnophobe
05-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Sounds like your graphics card is overheating. All the drivers in the world won't save you from that.

Do you own two laptops? Or does one have a dedicated graphics memory Block? Laptop class computers often do not have the guts to do 3d rendering except of the most basic kind, so that is something I would worry about.

Elwin
05-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Easiest way blame to be broken and horribe .. no matter that hundreds or thousand poeples had no even single crash. If the game would be broken no one could play it. Problems are mostly in gamers PC's not with the game it self. Every game has some little problems.Game isnt perfect thats true but it isnt so bad. I finsihed both games 3 times with no single crash.... spending in total over 100 hours ..

AND Helping through the internet when u dont really know what is installled on user's PC inst easy thing. Sometimes problem lies where we dont even suspect that it can be the cause. Maybe something with hardware , maybe some software in conflict with game, maybe driver .. millions of possibilities ^^
No i do not work for this company, just i know how it is ^^

But of course technical suppport should at least try to help customers.

N3MES1S
05-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Sounds like your graphics card is overheating. All the drivers in the world won't save you from that.

Do you own two laptops? Or does one have a dedicated graphics memory Block? Laptop class computers often do not have the guts to do 3d rendering except of the most basic kind, so that is something I would worry about.

All new laptop computers pass by far the requirements for KB and AP (even with a integrated graphics card). In fact, i play from a laptop, on 1650x1080, and the game runs perfect. Playing from a laptop is not the problem for sure.

mc_sizzle
05-30-2010, 01:44 AM
thanks everyone for trying to help. Was expecting die hard fans to flame this thread instead. "it's not the game it's you!!!" lol . anyways, I just spent the time since my last post finding new drivers and attempting to update again. Still no luck, but to answer some of the questions on here.

my main computer is a macbook pro. with windows xp x64. 2.2ghz intel core 2 duo. 4 gigs of ram. nvidia 8600m gt. To laptop haters, this comp is fine. It can handle all the latest games. Has worked just fine.

Desktop is a amd athlon 64 3800+. 4 gigs of ram, nvidia 9500gt graphics card. windows xp x64. a8n32-sli asus mobo.

I do have a 32 bit version of windows xp, but id rather not have to install a whole new OS and lose my extra ram just to play this game. Ill just leave that option for another day. I'll probably end up updating to snow and windows 7 in the near future anyways.

No, my computer is not overheating. This game actually runs much cooler than most games I've played while it's up.

Tech support did reply since my last post. They suggested i try a different driver or change my in game resolution. It didn't help. the only driver options i have left i think are to find modded drivers somewhere or start trying drivers from a decade ago. I literally tried all the drivers from the 170-190 series nvidia drivers beta and whql already from the nvidia site and a few more from the laptop2go site.

It doesn't work on my desktop either.

I do not get that popular directx error BMRender/DirectX something. I did the very 1st time i ever ran this game, but after updating everything it no longer happens. the problem I have is that the game just simply crashes. I get a pop up that says, "sorry the game has crashed". It doesn't state the error.

It seems that graphics drivers are the main cause of these crashes, but what else could it be? i'm sorta running out of options in that area. I have the latest directx, physx installed. My audio is up to date but i have tried changing the driver a few times. my chipset has been updated as well. Also, I noticed playing around with the settings through the Nvidia control panel helped to prolong game time between crashes. If anyone has had crashes before but after changing a few settings they were fine, id really like to know the details. I read a few people disabling options such as AA and vsync which helped them, but that hasn't worked for me. I've also tried using 1 core, that increased game time, but still crashes. I could send a copy of dxdiag to anyone if they think it'll help.

To all those smarty pants. I'm no computer engineer and I shouldn't have to be one to get a computer game to run. So please don't fill this thread with comments about the infinite possibilities of game crashes.Especially if that's all you have to say... I'm not looking to engage in pointless theoretical technical battle with Confucius over here... If you have a possible solution or know a set up that works for you, or the causes of this game crash, that would be appreciated. This is a technical SUPPORT thread after all. Then maybe I could continue to troubleshoot this game.

Thanks again.

Razorflame
05-30-2010, 04:54 AM
so the game doesn't run on your laptop and desktop?

where did u get this game from?
^^
(downloaded of boxed version)

have you tried different patches of KB?

zini4_tha_grunt
05-30-2010, 08:01 AM
perhaps, the problem is in your videocard.
mb the whole system is getting overheated.
and gf8600 is realy sucking vc.

mc_sizzle
05-30-2010, 08:18 AM
i downloaded both KB AP and Legends (gold edition) through steam. Is there a way i could try to manually patch even though it's a steam install? steam automatically updates the game but.

Elwin
05-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Well 8600M is sucky card, but he has second 9500gt on desktop which can run KB perfectly. Its pretty much possible that OS is the cause.
] Anyone playing this game on XP 64 bit??
in my country there is no even such version ,its pretty uncommon and there is no guarantee that 32-bit game wil work on 64 bit. This game had problems with 64 bit from start, on windows vista 7 there was done a lot to make most programs run on 64 bit but on XP i doubt in it. Compatibilty was always main disadvantage of 64 bit system.

loreangelicus
05-30-2010, 07:17 PM
To the OP,

Your hardware (both desktop and laptop) should be able to play the game just fine, so the only thing that is common in both that may be causing the problem is your Win XP 64-bit OS.

If it is any help, you did mention that you plan on trying out Windows 7. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit as my OS on my laptop and it runs KBAP just fine.

Razorflame
05-30-2010, 10:18 PM
i downloaded both KB AP and Legends (gold edition) through steam. Is there a way i could try to manually patch even though it's a steam install? steam automatically updates the game but.

try that
some people had troubles with patch 1.7

try 1.6
or lower
maybe that would help
just a suggestion

mc_sizzle
05-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Well, I finally fixed the problem! Well, sorta.
I just updated my computers to windows 7 ultimate x64. My macbook pro uses the 197.16 drivers and everything works fine. It hasn't crashed on my desktop either (also running windows 7 ultimate x64 now). I've played it for about 2 hours so far straight with no crashes! :grin:

It has been a frustrating week, but I can now finally enjoy this game. It's pretty awesome!

Thanks to everyone who helped!!!

Elwin
05-31-2010, 09:49 PM
So we can say confirm that this game won't run on XP x64 ^^

N3MES1S
05-31-2010, 11:53 PM
And we can confirm that the game is not broken ^^ is the windows xp 64 the broken one!!

Danyulc
06-02-2010, 04:17 AM
I'm not sure what exactly might have been the cause of your issue, however, I can say for sure that King's Bounty: The Legend will run on WinXP 64 without issue. I've played almost the entire game so far.

However, I'm not sure if this is normal, but while playing KBTL both CPU cores are at 100% consistently while the game is running. I've got an AMD Desktop which I built myself bout 2.5 years ago. Has an Athlon x2 5600+, often OC'd to 6200 speeds. Videocard is Nvidia 8800GT using latest official drivers. 2GB Ram.

Whenever I get a chance to purchase and play Armored Princess I'll make sure to confirm that its working for me, if in fact it does.

I've been able to play everygame I've tried on XP-64. However, there is the occasional odd XP64 only issue. Such as with the Dirt 2 racing game. New versions of Games for Windows live cause a problem where the game is unable to create save game data at all. Giving a 'data is corrupted' error each time, even when attempting to start a new profile! Using older GFWL version fixes it, but, then you can't play on-line. Been 6 months, but, despite acknowledging the issue it still has not been fixed.

Similar problem with Guitar Hero aerosmith where you can't play the game starting from the beginning. However, if you use a save game that is a cpl lvls in the whole game plays fine without any other issues.

These are the kinds of problems you tend to run into with XP64, lol. Well, at least the kind I run into!

-Danyulc

N3MES1S
06-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Is known that Windows xp 64bits cause problems on some games, but not always. That Armored Princess crashing issue must be a random one.