PDA

View Full Version : All races units on Debir mod.

jaylo101
05-17-2010, 01:49 PM
This is a mod that adds all the different race's units to the various buildings throughout the first island of Debir, so you don't have to wait until the last quarter of the game before you can use certain other races units.
The initial castle & tower contains the human units, the building next to the tower contains the dwarven units & next to the dwarven building is the elven units.
In the ship that appears at a random beach are the orc units.
The tower where your second quest stone is given contains the lizardman units, in the building just past this tower some neutral units can be found. These include royal griffins, royal thorns, trolls, evil beholders, demonologists, assassins & the cyclops but no dragons!
The undead units are holed up in the castle at the end of the island with the undead hero in. He has to be beaten first before you can recruit them.
Lastly, the demon units are found in the underground dungeon after the winding path.

A new game start is needed.

I made this mod for myself as i am a veteran homm player that's used to having a campaign for every race & having to wait until late game before being able to use other race units is irritating & to be frank, kiting is tedious.
Also i prefer to keep units to the same race, with two exceptions, royal griffins for the humans & demonologists for the demons.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20019723/All_races_units_on_Debir_mod_rar

Metathron
05-17-2010, 06:43 PM
I would've wished to see a mod that randomizes the creatures, meaning for example where you always get priests you will get a random level 2 unit chosen from a pool of all level 2 units.

But still, this sounds very promising and I'll give it a try sometime.

Also, when you say human units, orc units, demon units...do you mean all of the units from each race become available or just a (random?) selection?

jaylo101
05-17-2010, 06:52 PM
All the units are there 100% with a fixed amount. That's the point.
There's no more getting really far into the game to find out that a particular race's unit hardly has any creatures for it.

N3MES1S
05-17-2010, 09:07 PM
There is some mods that do the same thing (i just modified the .loc files by myself without needed any mod). I hope u limited the level creatures for not to make level 5 appear on the debir shops xD.

shqiponja_hayabusa
08-23-2010, 09:34 PM
All I can say Jaylo is - A huge Thank you :-P
Achmed

Dri
09-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Hey, Crossworlds is out and with this mod it buggers up a few things like no Shaman to start Orc quests, no military academy and some other things. In short, it works but it screws up the flow on Debir island, stuff is missing.

Any chance of getting this mod to work with Crossworld's? I really love it and was having hella fun time using a full Elven army right from the start.

I would be REALLY, REALLY gratefull if someone would update it or at least tell me how I can modify what units appear where in Crossworlds. Thank you. :)

TheOne
09-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Read this thread. It will help you edit the units.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11585

TheOne
09-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Had a quick look at the editor. Editing of units, items and scrolls can be easily achieved through it - there is no need to go through the text files.

ludak021
10-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Hey, Crossworlds is out and with this mod it buggers up a few things like no Shaman to start Orc quests, no military academy and some other things. In short, it works but it screws up the flow on Debir island, stuff is missing.

Any chance of getting this mod to work with Crossworld's? I really love it and was having hella fun time using a full Elven army right from the start.

I would be REALLY, REALLY gratefull if someone would update it or at least tell me how I can modify what units appear where in Crossworlds. Thank you. :)

not like it matters to me, crossworlds is a fail imo, adrenaline sucks big time (especially for orc shamans) new units are retarded, and 20 necromancers patrolling the rusty anchor shores + additional unit of 20+assassins also patrolling the same area makes kiting the map impossible and add one less map on anchor island, the one that was actually kitable (behind the assassins) = game sucks for me. It also seems I am getting less runes for leveling up.

oh, and there are additional patrols on Bolo too! So good luck to everyone with no loss games without exploiting quick save/load. I started two games since now and in none of them I got stoneskin or god forbid resurrection or phantom. Best spell I found is poison f'in spit...I am back to original game where orc shaman can at least cast totem of death and dancing axes without hassle.

Saridu
02-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Could somebody please repost the file? Gamefront has lost it :( Thanks!

jaylo101
02-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Done.

Saridu
02-20-2011, 06:02 AM
Thank you, this is a great mod :)

Akimbo
04-21-2011, 11:21 AM
For some reason this mod also seems to make every item in the game available, at the mages tower, any idea why?

jaylo101
05-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Ah, i think i know what's happened.
When i reposted the mod after Gamefront lost the file i used my actual game files as i couldn't find the original upload.
In my game in the places where you find each of the races units you will find all the vanilla items for that race.

Akimbo
05-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Ah that's pretty cool. I liked being able to see all the items :p

Svidler
05-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Do I need to be a genious to make this work?
I know nothing basically about computers and files and
.loc or whatever I read.. A very quick guide plz? :grin:

Akimbo
05-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Do I need to be a genious to make this work?
I know nothing basically about computers and files and
.loc or whatever I read.. A very quick guide plz? :grin:

Armored Princess Location: King's Bounty Armoured Princess > Sessions > Addon > Mods.
CrossWorlds Location: King's Bounty Armoured Princess > Sessions > Orcs > Mods.

Depending on if you have crossworlds obviously. You'll need to create the folder named "mods" yourself, then just copy the files into it and start a new game.

Svidler
05-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm afraid I don't have Crossworlds, yet.
In what folder should I create the new one named mods
and what is the next step, if any?

jaylo101
05-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Actually, the mods folder should be created in the "data" folder, "1C Company\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\data\mods".
Then unpack the mod download rar file & place the actual game files in the mods folder.
Note that this version is only for AP, not Crossworlds.

Akimbo
05-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Actually, the mods folder should be created in the "data" folder, "1C Company\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\data\mods".
Then unpack the mod download rar file & place the actual game files in the mods folder.
Note that this version is only for AP, not Crossworlds.

If I created the mods folder there, they didn't work. Strange eh? Probably to do with me having the steam version.

jaylo101
05-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Ah, ok.
I have the shop bought version.
I would assume that the steam version has a different folder structure.

rayanwin
10-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Guys, i have the AP and the Croswords, and i have tried to put the MOD in a several diferent locations, But does't work. I begin a new game but doesn't work to. I sow the extension of the files on my folder game is .stream no .loc like the files in the MOD. Maybe you can help me fix that stuff... Thanks

pearlgambler
12-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Hi can you upload this somewhere else please like mediafire i can't download from gamefront thank you very much

ShadowDust
01-17-2014, 08:21 AM
hi can you upload this file again pls? link is broken.. thanks

Sir Whiskers
03-18-2014, 07:08 PM
hi can you upload this file again pls? link is broken.. thanks

I found two versions on my PC, one for AP, one for CW. I've uploaded both to this post.

SW

Ragnor
08-08-2014, 08:37 AM
I cant download your mod dont have privileges!