PDA

View Full Version : A mod to make your unit to have individual Level and more

pcbun
05-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Here is the MOD that I made, and the follows are its function.

1.This mod make your Unit to have their individual experience system. The higher level it is, the better attack and defense rating it will have. And also, unit will gain new abilities during level up.(Up to your choice to turn on/off)

2.Reserve slot is extended. There is up to 5 reserve slot now.

3.You can transform your unit into card, you can summon your unit by using these card.

4.Up to all 5 reserve slot unit can be summoned into battlefield.(Up to your choice 0-5)

Enjoy.

Step to use:
Extract soulbook2.kfs from soulbook2.zip and place it in data/mods(the directory mods may need to create manually)
Run the game.
Double click on the army picture at the buttom to bring up interface.
First column can help you to transform unit into card, or if you have create enough card already, refill unit with card.
The second column just work like the first one, but action will take over to all 10 slot.
Third column is the option menu, just mouse over to every of title to read the hint.
All the card create just lay inside your bag, you can use them just like a normal item.
Experience is calculated by the damage they have made. And gain exp according to the exp mode you select.

No item pack allow, support version 1.2 only.

Change log:
17/5--Switch to turn on/off the whole experience system added

P.S. You can amend this mod easily by edit !!!setting.lua inside this mod.
Comment within script are in traditional chinese, you may try reading them with google translator.

zini4_tha_grunt
05-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Man, thats just AWESOME!!!
I can't even imaginate, how much time had you spent to craft that treasure!
GREAT!
Can i translate into RUS?

pcbun
05-15-2010, 05:20 PM
GREAT!

It's happy to hear that you like this mod.
In fact, I finish working on this mod last year, as serveral new idea come these day, so I come back to work on this mod again.
I am neither a english speaker nor a russian speaker, and in fact translating the mod into english is a headache for me, that's why you have never seen it before, I just plan to translate it in english version serveral hours ago. And to ease my job, I just hide some functions of this mod, so just ignore those line which you can't read while translating, they are the function that I think is not important and decide to hide. ;)

You are welcome to translate it in RUS or any other language, and it's also welcome if somebody could help to proof read the grammar.

P.S. The mod is updated, download the latest one.

Enjoy

zini4_tha_grunt
05-15-2010, 05:23 PM
why do i find in script chinese and japanese letters?

pcbun
05-15-2010, 05:33 PM
why do i find in script chinese and japanese letters?

I am a chinese speaker, so I write this mod in chinese at the beggining. The line in chinese are the function that I decide to hide, that's why I skip their translation. If you can read chinese and can help to translate them in english. I will unlock all of the function of the mod:cool:

zini4_tha_grunt
05-15-2010, 06:11 PM
why don't you used google tranlater?

zini4_tha_grunt
05-15-2010, 06:17 PM
it's hard for me to understand chinese, i guess, if you translate into english, it could be easier.

pcbun
05-15-2010, 06:23 PM
it's hard for me to understand chinese, i guess, if you translate into english, it could be easier.

Just ignore those line you can't read. They are the function which are not important and I decide to give up. I don't use google translator to do the job is because the translation qulity from chinese to english is horrible......

DeRex
05-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Wow, this looks great!! I must try this. :)

pcbun
05-16-2010, 12:04 PM
GREAT!

Could you leave me a copy of lng file after translation it into russian?
Thank you.

jaylo101
05-16-2010, 01:38 PM
What did you need to edit for the extra reserve slots? As i only want these.

pcbun
05-17-2010, 07:35 AM
What did you need to edit for the extra reserve slots? As i only want these.

Reserve.ui is the file needed, but you may delete the hint inside it as there is extra hint I add to make it more clear.
And I have just add a switch to the mod so you can turn on/off the whole experience system at any time you are playing with this mod.

jaylo101
05-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Actually through trial & error i found that in order for the extra reserve slots to work properly with text & tooltips, i needed reserve.ui, eng_zz_soulbook.lng & the whole script folder.

N3MES1S
05-17-2010, 09:12 PM
OMG, very good job dude. Zini4 xD, it seems that your exp mod will be changed to this one , im right? xD. Ow, u even create new interface windows, great job pcbun!.- Nice understanding of the languaje, i cant even create those complex scripts xD.

Vivec
05-20-2010, 10:45 AM
hi, I started a new game with this mod, won about 20 battles and creatures have still 0 exp.
Another problem is at shops, with an arrow at the top of the shop, when you point mouse over it, yout whole stack of creatures disappears

pcbun
05-21-2010, 04:23 AM
hi, I started a new game with this mod, won about 20 battles and creatures have still 0 exp.
Another problem is at shops, with an arrow at the top of the shop, when you point mouse over it, yout whole stack of creatures disappears

Normally you have install other mod which have arena.lua inside, and that conflict with this mod.

The creatures is not disappear, but transform into card, check you inventory.

ohohman
05-21-2010, 06:08 AM
Great Job!! Bonus disc is coming, any plan to release a TL version?

pcbun
05-22-2010, 02:00 AM
Great Job!! Bonus disc is coming, any plan to release a TL version?

The TL version have be released long before, but in chinese only.
Here for your reference, just try google translator if you still interested in. I believe it works with version 1.7 only.
http://d.namipan.com/d/a12f706ba419aa85e70d5fc2f82e2e19b0d004860ef20400

xianren20
05-22-2010, 09:51 AM
P大,厉害啊,你的魔书mods发到官方论坛 来了,恭喜啊!

lilmagi
05-26-2010, 04:00 AM
How can i tell what abilities do?
Couple of my units leveled up to 5 and got 'greedy' ability, yet i have no idea what it does. xD
Is there a list?

[edit] nvm, I somehow missed that they are added on the unit as an effect during combat xD

shinjiikuri
05-31-2010, 02:23 AM
Um, sorry if i sound nooby but where am I suppose to put the mod file if I have the gift pack installed?

Plus is their any chance of converting this mod for KB:TL since the link provided seems to be dead...

Edit: Placed the file in the normal folder but found out that the mod doesn't work with the gift pack...

rancor26
05-31-2010, 08:01 AM
Um, sorry if i sound nooby but where am I suppose to put the mod file if I have the gift pack installed?

Plus is their any chance of converting this mod for KB:TL since the link provided seems to be dead...

Edit: Placed the file in the normal folder but found out that the mod doesn't work with the gift pack...

Place it to /KB-AP installation folder/sessions/items_pack/data/mods

I had the same problem as you did but it should work when you place it there ;)

shinjiikuri
05-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Um, the mod loads if i put it in the item pack data folder. However once I shrunk the unit into card form the unit card does not appear.

yujy
06-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Regarding with what pcbun wrote; that the mod will not work if you have another mod with arena.lua.
I've been trying, without success,to add some content from arena.lua from pcburn's mod to the gift bag arena.lua to make them work together.
I wanted to ask if this could be done? Unfortunately for me, my programing skills are near to non existent.

Tiagop
06-03-2010, 11:44 AM
What a full list of all the unit abilities?

Would be cool :)

clinek
06-03-2010, 03:34 PM
ok i give up. I cannot get this mod to work. I understand that there is no collaboration between this mod and the arena.lua file but, i went throught the trouble to locate and remove the file so that there would be no conflict. why is it not working? When i choose the option to disband a unit into a card, it simply gets rid of the unit permanently. After battle, there is no experience distributed to any of my units and yes, i turned on the combat experience tab. If anyone has gotten this mod to work properly, please ellaborate

Ancentre
06-08-2010, 03:07 AM
英雄无敌5之后没了或者还在等
真是太谢谢了
觉得你把这游戏弄到了新高

N3MES1S
06-08-2010, 08:58 AM
I didnt try this mod yet, but the thing is: If u are using the items pack u need to modifiy the arena.lua file located in the scripts folder of the items pack folder. If not, u need to modify the arena.lua located int ses.kfs (if i remember) file of the sessions folder. Thats it. If the mod still doesnt work, then the mod need to be improved, cuz not all mods works on all game installations, as i noticed (im using a lot of mods).

yujy
06-08-2010, 04:17 PM
We know that we have to edit the arena.lua file, but i can't do it. I've tried several times to add lines from arena.lua (pcburn's mod) to the arena.lua (gist bag) but without success. I asked earlier if this could even be done.

N3MES1S
06-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Place it to /KB-AP installation folder/sessions/items_pack/data/mods

I had the same problem as you did but it should work when you place it there ;)

All the mods should be placed in sessions/data/mods, and it should work fine from there ( I am using 5 mods and all work fine). Maybe because the mod is using a lot of game modifications will only work on the specific data\mods items pack folder.

karabaja
06-09-2010, 07:51 AM
this is the best mod for ap i have seen so far, my congrats to creator. it doesn't work with gift bag items, but who cares, it's well worth giving up few items.

kolz
06-13-2010, 03:38 AM
what should I exactly do to install this mod?

I download it and unzip it, but I only see 1 data _"soulbook2".
Anyway I copy it to session/addon ,but nothing happens.
Then I read some of the post on the forum and made some folders in session/data/mods and then copy soulbook2 in there but still nothing happens.

I am confused..
please someone help..
where should I read??

copcod
06-13-2010, 07:47 AM
The recent posts have been about trying to use this mod along with the giftpack items campaign.

That along with all the stuff about editing arena.lua in various locations. you should disregard all of it unless you manage to get the mods to work together( in which case I am all ears)

Use this mod with the regular campaign and install it to /data/mods of your installation directory.

Anyway, thanks for this great mod. I am enjoying it alot. I used it for my first time playing this game on hard with a team of griffins, royal griffins, paladins, inquisitors and one other troop type i was rotating.

When my inquisitors and paladins reached level 20 i found them to be overpowered and could suddenly destroy impossible targets.

So I started another game on impossible using the all races on debir mod.
dryads, lake fairies, forest fairies, unicorns, and elves. So far its challenging enough for my skill level. I am curious as to how it will be when my troops reach level 20 and gain healing and resurrection abilities. I am trying to win without ever changing the squad, so I have to limit losses as much as possible or I will run out of units available for hire.

I have been using the same troops for the entire game and their level is the same as that of my pet dragon.

Carda
06-22-2010, 09:36 AM
5 stacks in reserve! This is a great mod sir.

I was 'stuck' with my Paladin on Verlon. 1 Red dragon, 3Cyclopse, 25 Evil Beholders, 40Inquisitors and 3 Royal Thorns worked great for having 0 losses but here on Verlon Isle they come with so many ranged bad guys that I always lost one of the creatures which I cannot replace because all except the Inquisitors are sold out.

Now with your mod I can make a second army of 5 without deleting my precious first army.

5/5 mod!

Greets,
Carda

N3MES1S
06-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Hiya, i am trying to use just the extra slots reserve part without success. The slots work fine, but i cant neither see the portrait of the unit on the new extra slot. I tried to search the code of the scripts, but i dont have any idea. Wat code or file/script should i use to the extra slots work showing the right portrait?

P.D.: I cant use the entire mod cuz right now i have 5 mods installed, incluiding the item gifts pack and some of em have modifications on the arena.lua file, so i dont want to mess the things up -.-.

adecoy95
06-26-2010, 01:54 AM
is there any plans in the future to make this compatible with the items pack pcbun?

pcbun
06-26-2010, 09:20 AM
is there any plans in the future to make this compatible with the items pack pcbun?

No, as Crossworld is coming, and there is not much ppl still playing on AP, so I will just wait for Crossworld and do no patching on this mod(In fact there is serveral bugs I have discovery already).
The mod start writing when I know nothing about lua and modding on AP, many ideas added during developing(Start from reserve slot->tranformation of troop to card->Exp system->skill system->reinforcement of reserve slot->and finally after a long period of time that leave it in the corner, find a way on UI to click and do the action, in the previous version you can mouseover to do the action only, which I think is a very important breakthrough XD), so the structure is a little bit bulky at this moment and the code is not flexible enough. Also the code and structure are very dirty. So I just want to have a new start on Crossworld. If you have ideas that you think may help on the mod on Crossworld, that is welcome to leave it here. The mod on Crossworld is a complete recode version.

SnowDream
06-28-2010, 07:17 AM
Anyone else notice that the paladin in the tutorial mission that you must recruit as a part of the 2nd quest is no longer there after installing this mod? Not too much of a problem, but it does rob some people of two good items and 3 perfect battles.

N3MES1S
06-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Anyone else notice that the paladin in the tutorial mission that you must recruit as a part of the 2nd quest is no longer there after installing this mod? Not too much of a problem, but it does rob some people of two good items and 3 perfect battles.

I disagree. That paladin is really important to reach the first no losses medal, u cant do no loses battle without that paladin squad. Not only that , u need the items u will get to advance faster on the first island. For a beginner, doing the tutorial with the paladins is essential. And if u dont past trought the tutorial, u dont level up in the next steps.

SnowDream
06-29-2010, 03:21 AM
If anyone did not notice, now you can have an army of 10 units. They all share experiences. I believe this mod hit the epitome of awesome here.

As a random thought -- does the experience decreases when using more units, or does it matter how many units are sharing the experience?

pcbun
06-29-2010, 03:29 AM
If anyone did not notice, now you can have an army of 10 units. They all share experiences. I believe this mod hit the epitome of awesome here.

As a random thought -- does the experience decreases when using more units, or does it matter how many units are sharing the experience?

Yea, exp decrease if there are more army.
And I don't exp the same probelm about paladin. But I know there is a tricky way that you can bring out your paladin, just transform paladin into card and bring it out the dungeon, so you can have paladin at the very beginning of the game.

wongjoe05
07-09-2010, 04:15 AM
can this mod work on V 1.7?

Kasdar
07-10-2010, 12:44 PM
can this mod work on V 1.7?
I think your thinking of the wrong kings bounty game. This is for Armored Princess not Legend

N3MES1S
07-12-2010, 01:07 AM
I decided to try out this mod, cuz i am a bit tired of AP right now, but i dont know if i am doing something wrong, but it doesnt work for me. Well, it works and it doesnt work. The mod appears to load fine, but there are some issues that i think the mod is not working propertly. First, i cant discard any unit, when i double click on the unit i want to discard, i just cant click on the discard button (it wont let me). Second, every time i double click on any unit, the mod menu shows me always the paladin card, for example i double click on inquisitors, but on the first column appears always paladin (even if i dont have paladins in my army -.-). So, maybe i dont know how this mod works or there is something wrong. And, wats the purpose of cards? cuz everytime i convert any units to card, nothing happens, and i cant see the card, not even in the inventory. I am using 2 more mods with this, but i deleted the arena.lua on one of the mods, so the soulbook mod can work propertly... any ideas?

wongjoe05
07-15-2010, 05:52 AM
I think your thinking of the wrong kings bounty game. This is for Armored Princess not Legend

Thanks!

clinek
07-16-2010, 04:07 PM
First, i cant discard any unit, when i double click on the unit i want to discard, i just cant click on the discard button (it wont let me).

first off, the reason why its not working is because you have others mods instaled. YOU CANNOT HAVE ANY OTHER MOD IN USE AT ALL WHILE YOU USE THIS ONE. Since the mod is not working properly because of this, you have to put the units that you want to discard into one of the reserve slots then click the "disband" button.

Second, every time i double click on any unit, the mod menu shows me always the paladin card, for example i double click on inquisitors, but on the first column appears always paladin (even if i dont have paladins in my army -.-). So, maybe i dont know how this mod works or there is something wrong.

once again, its going to have the paladin card shown until you remove all the other mods

And, wats the purpose of cards? cuz everytime i convert any units to card, nothing happens, and i cant see the card, not even in the inventory. I am using 2 more mods with this, but i deleted the arena.lua on one of the mods, so the soulbook mod can work propertly... any ideas?

im sure what you can guess what im going to say here. I dont think its just the arena.lua file that affects the mod. I tried the same thing by deleteing that file but i still had no success. Beleive me, this is the best mod for AP so you really dont need any other mod. When you max the level of the units (level 20), you have a black dragon with 2000 health, +10 attack and defense, and with extra poisen damage as well. Needless to say, they really kick ass.

This should help your problems. good luck

N3MES1S
07-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Im sorry, but im disagree. The only mods im using are the camera mod (that does nothing to do with this soulbook2 mod) and one units-modifications mod done by myself. Those mods doesnt use arena.lua or either another file that should conflict with this one (the units mod are just .def files and something else nothing to worry about and they are "new" units no modified ones). The reason i "need" to use another mod is that this mod is a mod made by myself, and makes the game more playable with more units and more level 5 units. So i really need to think if i am going to delete this one for installing the soulbook2 mod. Its a shame that the mod cant work if u have another mod installed, watever that mod is. The problem is that im tired of the same units all the time, and i really dont need a black dragon with 2000 health, cuz as i said, i had my own units mod , with a level 5 human, a level 4 snake, another level 5 ogre, another level 5 undead, another level 5 demon, and 2 more level 5 neutral units (Titan, based on cyclops model and Legendary phoenix based on phoenix model). I dont use dragons since long time ago -.-. I just wanted this mod for the extra reserve slot and i was curious about the exp issue. But if need to remove all the mods im using, i dont see the point of using this mod in my case.

It is a great mod, im sure of it. But the needed of playing with it alone is a big obstacle in too many cases. Im not the only one whos using more than 1 mod on ap.

clinek
07-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Well thats your choice then. I wish you could use other mods with this one but they just aren't compatible.

with a level 5 human, a level 4 snake, another level 5 ogre, another level 5 undead, another level 5 demon, and 2 more level 5 neutral units (Titan, based on cyclops model and Legendary phoenix based on phoenix model)

... So how about sharing some of those modded units with all of us :-P.

N3MES1S
07-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Well thats your choice then. I wish you could use other mods with this one but they just aren't compatible.

... So how about sharing some of those modded units with all of us :-P.

Dont worry, i will ;), once i decide its time to uninstall ap, it has been long time playing this game, and i think is enough. I will post my mod (called "Legendary Warriors") soon.

Maybe in a future i decide to play again AP and i will try this mod for sure.

clinek
07-18-2010, 08:20 PM
do you have a time frame of some sort?

N3MES1S
07-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Not i have not. Once i get all the screen caps of the units i will post it. Maybe the next week.

clinek
07-18-2010, 09:54 PM
sounds good, im looking forward to it

Caster
08-01-2010, 04:29 AM
Awesome mod

marcinl0
08-25-2010, 02:41 PM
The TL version have be released long before, but in chinese only.
Here for your reference, just try google translator if you still interested in. I believe it works with version 1.7 only.
http://d.namipan.com/d/a12f706ba419aa85e70d5fc2f82e2e19b0d004860ef20400

pcbun, maybe is possible the English version of your fantastic mod for old good TL ? We'll get a new game!

Your mod make units to have their individual experience system is absolutely awesome, better than any other mod. Maybe the KB creators would use the mod as a standard option in next versions of KB (King's Bounty: 'Crossworlds' etc).

pcbun
08-28-2010, 12:35 AM
pcbun, maybe is possible the English version of your fantastic mod for old good TL ? We'll get a new game!

Your mod make units to have their individual experience system is absolutely awesome, better than any other mod. Maybe the KB creators would use the mod as a standard option in next versions of KB (King's Bounty: 'Crossworlds' etc).

There should not be a English version for TL, as I can predict there is not much of player will need it. And TL is use one of the old structure, which cause the things need to translate is much more than AP version, so I give up on the translation.

Hmm.... Adding exp is just giving the game a fresh taste, in fact, I still think the org one of AP is the best. It's my first try to make a mod, so many abilities I make is somewhat imbalance, and can't create the new tactic I org want it to be. But I will try make the abilities on crossworld to become more resonable and playable, and hopefully to create some new tactic if it is possible. So one of the most important amendment is creating a mechanism that make it become easy to implement new skill and a random skill set every time you play a new game or by spending some special point to reset it.

N3MES1S
08-28-2010, 01:40 PM

I dont think so. Once u get all your unit at almost max level, the game is just unplayable. U cant have an inquisitor that owns any level 5 unit. Thats absurd. The exp idea is good, but it needs too much balance for not making the game just a waste of time. The ammount of exp given to the units should be a lot less, to the point that u will not notice almost any change in the first 10 levels. That will be a great exp mod, but right now it makes the game boring.

pcbun
08-28-2010, 05:48 PM
I dont think so. Once u get all your unit at almost max level, the game is just unplayable. U cant have an inquisitor that owns any level 5 unit. Thats absurd. The exp idea is good, but it needs too much balance for not making the game just a waste of time. The ammount of exp given to the units should be a lot less, to the point that u will not notice almost any change in the first 10 levels. That will be a great exp mod, but right now it makes the game boring.

Study !!!setting.lua
If you are a modder, it won't be difficult for you to understand them. And problem solve. A hard core player want a hard core setting(for example, decrease in AD or HP after lvl up so you cant stick with several kind of unit), a play for fun player want a play for fun setting. so in fact I leave the setting job for the player themselves. But because of the lack of number of player of ap at this moment, so there is not a plan to translate the user manual which are in chinese to english.

P.S. There are comment within !!!setting in traditional chinese and in big5 coding, you may try google translator or something else if you are interested in the amendment.

lokimed
08-29-2010, 04:34 AM
im using only this addon and still getting no exp, i didn't change any log how do i change log??

pcbun
08-29-2010, 04:42 AM
im using only this addon and still getting no exp, i didn't change any log how do i change log??

Have u install Gift bag?
If so, they won't work together.
And check if the exp switch have turn on or not.

marcinl0
08-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Study !!!setting.lua
If you are a modder, it won't be difficult for you to understand them. And problem solve. A hard core player want a hard core setting(for example, decrease in AD or HP after lvl up so you cant stick with several kind of unit), a play for fun player want a play for fun setting. so in fact I leave the setting job for the player themselves. But because of the lack of number of player of ap at this moment, so there is not a plan to translate the user manual which are in chinese to english.

P.S. There are comment within !!!setting in traditional chinese and in big5 coding, you may try google translator or something else if you are interested in the amendment.

Maybe pcbun give us the file with full second version with hardcore settings (decreased in AD or HP after lvl up) of your awesome KBAP mod?

I can't do it myself, and now like N3MES1S I see that current "fun" version with too fast exp gain is really too powerful and imbalanced for real KBAP players, especially in middle game units become "terminators" of the strongest 5 lvl enemy units. And in middle game I have 6 stacks of max 20 lvl troops... too many too easy too fast. I think only one especially selected fighting troop would be able to achieve 20 lvl in middle game.
And maybe extend max level maybe to 40 (with new abilities or seldom gain - every 10 lvl not 5) - it is dissapointing that in middle game the selected unit have max lvl, and further lvl up is not possible.

pcbun
08-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Maybe pcbun give us the file with full second version with hardcore settings (decreased in AD or HP after lvl up) of your awesome KBAP mod?

I can't do it myself, and now like N3MES1S I see that current "fun" version with too fast exp gain is really too powerful and imbalanced for real KBAP players, especially in middle game units become "terminators" of the strongest 5 lvl enemy units. And in middle game I have 6 stacks of max 20 lvl troops... too many too easy too fast. I think only one especially selected fighting troop would be able to achieve 20 lvl in middle game.
And maybe extend max level maybe to 40 (with new abilities or seldom gain - every 10 lvl not 5) - it is dissapointing that in middle game the selected unit have max lvl, and further lvl up is not possible.

I can give you some quick note, but I won't do the balancing job.

edit:
expratio=1
set it to for example 0.1 will make exp increase 10 time slower.

if you want more lvl, here are the line
lvlmax={20,20,20,20,20,10,10,10,60}
while first five 20 are the max lvl of lvl 1-5 creatures, you can set the number max at 35

local lvlexp={500,1000,1500,2000,3000 ,5000,7500,10000,12500,15000 ,20000,25000,30000,40000,50000 ,60000,70000,80000,90000,100000 ,1100000,1200000,130000,140000,150000 ,160000,170000,180000,190000,20000 ,210000,220000,230000,240000,250000}
they are the exp need for each lvl. Adding value after it can increase in the max value(35) of maxlvl you can set.

lvlpenalty=0
set it to for example 5, all your creatures will start at a -5 AD at the beginning of the game if you turn on the lvl switch.

lvlattack=0.5 and lvldefense=0.5 the AD will increase or decrease after lvl up.

and the following function control HP of creatures
function healthfactor(lvl)
return (100+lvl*5)/100
end

Just try to amend it yourself if you want the best gameplay. I dun't think it will be easy to satisfy anybody at the beginning of making the mod(just like there are still members complain it's difficult to lvlup in the forum I usually go to), so I leave the mod to be amend as easy as possible.

Well, the org setting.lua is obviously play for fun, so a hardcore may need to do some extra job himself. Like rearrange the skill set or amending the power of skills themself.

Unlike most other mod, I try to encourage the player to DIY, just like I have relase a HOWTO to teach the modder how to make their own creation of unit to work with the lvl system, sadly in my cummunity using of master mod is very rare, so I dun think the HOWTO can help here.

No update will be made for this mod any more, while crossworld is coming up and will be a total new start, so this mod is already abandon.

P.S. kfs is zip file format, just use your winzip or winrar or 7z to unzip them and edit them.

Happy modding.

N3MES1S
09-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Study !!!setting.lua

Dude, it was just an opinion ;) based on some aspects i examined of your mod, as i said, i cant use your exp mod cuz i had other mods working. Believe, there is no fun having overpowered units on any game, u can get fun in the first game (and experienced players will finish the game only for curiosity purposes), after that u will get bored. One awesome thing will be that lower level troops at the beginning were worst even the original ones, and the gain exp and get equal and then better than the original units. Thats the way u can handle a really hard game at the beginning, but enjoying it more and more when u advance on it. And again, its just an opinion ;)

marcinl0
09-05-2010, 07:37 PM
v2 file soulbook2v2.zip

60 lvl max – like Amelia:

expratio=4

lvlmax={60,60,60,60,60,10,10,10,60}

local lvlexp={500,1000,1500,2000,3000 ,5000,7500,10000,12500,15000 ,20000,25000,30000,40000,50000 ,60000,70000,80000,90000,100000 ,110000,120000,130000,140000,150000 ,175000,190000,205000,220000,250000 ,270000,290000,310000,330000,350000 ,370000,390000,410000,430000,450000 ,470000,490000,510000,530000,550000 ,570000,590000,610000,630000,650000 ,680000,710000,740000,770000,800000 ,830000,870000,900000,930000,960000}

lvlattack=0.05

lvldefense=0.05

return (100+lvl*0.5)/100

More balanced version in one ready file for your convenience - not “too easy and boring” version of the awesome pcbun mod:

60 level unit max (max unit exp 960000) – 60 lvl like Amelia itself,

with 4x faster unit own experience gain than original pcbun 20 lvl unit ver. - because limited number of the battles in whole gameplay, for 5 selected fighting best units would be enough,

A/D +3 max (+1 A/D every 20 lvls),

health +30% max (+1% per two unit lvls),

new unique unit ability every 15 lvls - max 4 new unique abilities per unit - on 60 unit lvl.

Balance based on my own KBAP & KBTL 2-years experience.
Play with only 5 units as original KBAP – switch “Reserve unit in battlefield” to “off”.

For real & hardcore & game pleasure, not only "for fast & fun" KBAP players.

pcbun
09-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Dude, it was just an opinion ;) based on some aspects i examined of your mod, as i said, i cant use your exp mod cuz i had other mods working. Believe, there is no fun having overpowered units on any game, u can get fun in the first game (and experienced players will finish the game only for curiosity purposes), after that u will get bored. One awesome thing will be that lower level troops at the beginning were worst even the original ones, and the gain exp and get equal and then better than the original units. Thats the way u can handle a really hard game at the beginning, but enjoying it more and more when u advance on it. And again, its just an opinion ;)

Read my lines within my last post, ALL your points have solution inside.
Study !!!setting.lua, more solution and feasibility inside.
Study all of the script, you will find they are all easy to mod.
As you still can't try it, I suggest you just ignore this mod.
I give something in raw, I hope players can cook it themselves.
I feel sorry about my poor english, that's why make you always ignore my points, and that's why I am not eager to translate the whole mod into english.

marcinl0
09-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Really hardcore, strongly balanced version of KBAP pcbun mod, compared with v.2, with +1 A/D only on unit final 60 lvl and health only +12% max, 60 level unit with max unit exp 1000000:

v4 file soulbook2v4.zip

changes in v.4:

expratio=5

lvlmax={60,60,60,60,60,10,10,10,60}

local lvlexp={500,1000,1500,2000,3000 ,5000,7500,10000,12500,15000 ,20000,25000,30000,40000,50000 ,60000,70000,80000,90000,100000 ,110000,120000,130000,140000,150000 ,175000,190000,205000,220000,250000 ,270000,290000,310000,330000,350000 ,370000,390000,410000,430000,450000 ,470000,490000,510000,530000,550000 ,570000,590000,610000,630000,650000 ,680000,710000,740000,770000,800000 ,830000,870000,900000,940000,1000000}

lvlattack=0.05/3

lvldefense=0.05/3

return (100+lvl*0.2)/100

- Far more balanced (than v.2), version v.4 in one ready file for your convenience - really not boring version of the awesome pcbun mod:

- 60 level unit max (max unit exp 1000000) – 60 lvl like Amelia itself,

- with 5x faster unit own experience gain than original pcbun 20 lvl unit ver. - because limited number of the battles in whole gameplay, for 5 selected fighting best units would be enough in solo mode,

- A/D +1 max (+1 A/D only on unit final 60 lvl),

- health +12% max (+1% per five unit lvls),

- new unique unit ability every 15 lvls - max 4 new unique abilities per unit on 60 unit lvl.

Thank you pcbun for really new game.

ocsisajt
09-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Dear Mod creator!

With my all respect i must ask this: How about planning into the new crossworld expansion? I (we mod users) would definitely love it :)

Cheers:
Ocsisajt from Hungary :)

Rhowen
09-22-2010, 03:22 AM
I'll wait for this mod to come out to play orcs campaign on crossworlds! =P

viet1125
09-23-2010, 12:28 PM
oh plzz make another one for crossworlds!

BlackVegetable
10-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey, I played this mod and LOVED it a few months ago. However, I think that was with a version before the current one. I had to reformat my computer and lost everything since then.

I tried reinstalling my steam version of this game, and loaded your mod into my mod folder (which I had to manually create.) I am not getting ANYTHING from your mod. It is not showing up at all.

The other mods I have are working fine when I use them. I have tried removing my other three mods (mana-regen, interface, and pet skills) and just using yours but I still get none of your mod to appear.

Is this a common problem with a solution? Any help?

(P.S. If you need someone to help you code anything in the future, I am a computer science major that has some experience in LUA that speaks English fluently. Let me know if you want any assistance with anything.)

AncientSion
10-16-2010, 12:52 PM
I had a similar problem with this. Do you have any other mods still running or did you manually alter any of the stock unit atom-files with the games archives ?

If so, you must delete the archive and revalidate the game via steam.

BlackVegetable
10-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I didn't manually change anything, but I'm going to try re-validating the game via Steam.

BlackVegetable
10-16-2010, 06:35 PM
I reinstalled my game and only inserted this mod. I am still having no luck getting it to show up.

Any tips?

BlackVegetable
10-16-2010, 06:45 PM
It seems I made a dumb mistake. You have to extract the folder from the KFS file and have it in your data folder. I was keeping it as a KFS archive and expecting it to work. Thanks for the great mod!

AncientSion
10-17-2010, 07:47 PM
It seems I made a dumb mistake. You have to extract the folder from the KFS file and have it in your data folder. I was keeping it as a KFS archive and expecting it to work. Thanks for the great mod!

Uh thats not a stupid mistake. You are supposed to keep it IN the archive and put the archive into the mods folder.

If of course does work if you manually extract it, BUT the game can progress archives faster, so your game might slow down at some point (manual reading = slower than innate archive).

marcinl0
10-31-2010, 04:55 PM
pcbun, what about to prepare this awesome mod for the new KB: Crossworlds - maybe as Christmas' anticipated gift for all of us.

ShadowTek
01-25-2011, 06:00 PM
This is a VERY cool mod, but I cant seem to get the 5 reserve units to apear in combat? I tried to use the menu, but can only seem to get it to pick one slot to appear in combat (however it doesnt appear in combat) Am I missing somthing? Do I have to somhow summon them to appear in combat? Or is there a way to simply have the reserve slots filled, and just have them appear in combat?

Thanks for the cool mod!!!

EDIT: Nevermind, I seem to have figured it out! I think the exp has to be on for them to appear in combat

ANOTHER EDIT:
I think this mod needs a update to work with crossworlds, the card system crashes the game, and not sure the exp thing works, however, the 5 reserve slots work just fine, `but the skull button doesnt work on units (so you can get rid of some) but the disband button does work, but it destroys all units

ShadowTek
01-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Sorry for double post, it wouldnt let me edit my above post again, but it would be cool to have a striped down version of this mod that simply added the extra reserve slots, and the reserves appear in combat part (very awsome BTW)

ShadowTek
01-27-2011, 05:06 AM
Actually through trial & error i found that in order for the extra reserve slots to work properly with text & tooltips, i needed reserve.ui, eng_zz_soulbook.lng & the whole script folder.

I did this as well but you also need the hero.ui so the reserve units show in the hero menu.. I think I almost have it so that you can have crossworld and reserve units (as mentioned above) and be able to have your reserve units in combat, I sorta have it but causes errors, still working on it :)

sheet87
02-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Hey how do this works on 1.3 :(

athalay
10-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi there, is there any news regarding if this mod will be ported to build 1.3 crossworlds? Ty for the mod! :)

TheGsProds
10-25-2011, 11:54 AM
I don´t know how to use this mod :(

Somebody can explain to me how i must use it? Step by step please cause i only dismiss my units but the cards don´t appear in the bag.

Atrilf
06-24-2013, 06:10 PM
I don´t know how to use this mod :(

Somebody can explain to me how i must use it? Step by step please cause i only dismiss my units but the cards don´t appear in the bag.

We must insert content of file to "ses.kfs"

Gonz88alez
06-25-2013, 12:22 PM
I don't use google translator to do the job is because the translation qulity from chinese to english is horrible......http://ictor.hipcp.com/06.jpghttp://ictor.hipcp.com/07.jpg

lokaloka
07-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Noob need help here :(

Can someone please tell me how to add ability and lvl to summoned phoenix?

Fatt_Shade
07-03-2013, 11:20 AM
@lokaloka
Units gain personal exp during battles,and keep it for next one. Phoenix is a SPELL and is used every battle anew. Meaning it doesnt keep anything from previous battles. But you can make it stronger with hero intellect , like any other spell (fireball, heal, lightning etc).

lokaloka
12-27-2013, 04:15 PM
@lokaloka
Units gain personal exp during battles,and keep it for next one. Phoenix is a SPELL and is used every battle anew. Meaning it doesnt keep anything from previous battles. But you can make it stronger with hero intellect , like any other spell (fireball, heal, lightning etc).

After reading a bit about the arena script, actually you could :wink:
Been fun really being able to have high leveled phoenix with various skills, thx for the mod btw.;)

loriannasha
06-24-2014, 06:57 PM
I can't seem to get this mod to work......I've tried placing it in several places mentioned thru out this thread but it still won't work for me......