PDA

View Full Version : List your modded units!

pavned
04-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Ok, finish the game. Then started to look trough the game file to look if it was as easy as in KB:TL to modified some stuff. And it appears as yes it is (the gift mode makes it a little harder cause you have to look everywhere to make sure you change the right thing at the right place!)

So, after modifying simple stuff I took a look at the forum and realize that you could do more. So, I'd like to see everybody list some units they created to play with.

For myself I created 2 units:

Night Elf and Elf Commander

Night Elf:
- level 3 unit
- 110 leadership
- HP: 55, Att: 23, DEF: 14, damage: 5-7, crit: 10%, speed: 2, inti:5
- in addition with the archer and sniper feature, they got night sight, tolerance, nimble (chance of evading the attack), Poison resistance, venomous (add poison damage). They lost the no melee penalty.
- special attack: Mark of blood
- model: base on the Elf unit

Elf Commander:
- level 3 unit
- 325 leadership
- HP: 150, Att: 30, DEF: 21, damage: 15-17, crit: 15%, speed: 2, init: 7
- in addition with the archer and sniper feature, they got steal armor, Magic resistance and the Aura of Harmony (+1 morale to Elves except himself). They lost the no melee penalty and the hunter features.
- special attack: Hunter's Mark (max crit for archer for 2 turn)
- model: base on the Hunter unit

Those 2 units are great if you want an all range army. Since I added them you can still play with Elf and Hunter, making it very interesting for an army of Elf range units. The Night elf unit is awsome and may look powerful, but the low HP and high Leadership for a level 3 unit makes it a unit that needs a lot of caring!

Next step is maybe adding a Wood sorceress or something similar. A level 4 unit that got the resurect skill (more powerfull then the Inquisitor one but maybe with some unit restructions!)

The only thing I miss is drawing skill. I "suck". Would be great to have cool picture for those 2 units. Instead I just tweak the colours for the elf picture so it looks like it's at night. And added a little crest on the hunter shirt to make it like a commander of some sort. It's very bad!

So what are your units?

N3MES1S
04-19-2010, 05:33 PM
I think we are only the two who actually made some mods xD. Ok there u go.

Well, i have a lot of unit mods, but i am cheking it, improving some minor things and the balance between em. They are still at 99% finished. They are almost all level 5 units, but i created specifically for play on impossible mode.

Maelstrom (Human):
- level 5 unit
- 4600 leadership
- HP: 1000, Atk: 60, DEF: 64, damage: 120-160 (physical & fire) , crit: 20%, speed: 3, init: 7
- Talents: Steel Armor, Fire Nature, Fire Inmunity, Dragon Slayer, Head Hunter, Magic Resistance, Maelstrom Strenght.
- Special Attacks: Maelstrom Circle Attack, Maelstrom Strike, Maelstrom Execution.
- model: based on Knight model
- Fire damage and chance to burn on every hit.

A very tough unit, based on fire power, and with high physical def. Wanted a level 5 human unit? there u go lol.

Dictator (Demon):
- level 5 unit
- 3000 leadership
- HP: 1250, Atk: 62, Def: 58, damage: 70-99, Crit: 28%, speed: 3, ini: 10
- Talents: Demon, Furious, Give Ap, Domination, Panik, Hitback.
- Special Attacks: Run, Execution, Extermination.
- model: based on Executioner unit.

Very dangerous unit, specially when u can get more than 5-6 units per troop, the extermination move can be really painful. But be careful, this unit is a bit more fragile and can be damaged a lot. Besides, as a demon creature is exposed to more lethal spells and damage.

Legendary Phoenix (Neutral):
- level 5 unit
- 7500 leadership
- HP: 1350, Atk: 60, Def: 61, damage melee: 130-170 (physical,magic & fire)/range: 100-130 (magic,fire), crit: 30%, speed: 8, init: 9
- Talents: Flight, Fire Breath, Fire Inmunity, Magic Inmunity, Hawk Eye.
- Special Attacks: Universal Resurrection, Spirits of Rage Attack, King's Harl Call.
- model: based on Phoenix summoned unit.

A incredibly resourceful creature, high def, can shot from distance with burning flames even if it is surrounded by enemies, hit 3 targets in one, can heal/resurrect 1500 hitpoints including demons and magic inmunnity creatures.

Celestial Snake (Neutral):
- level 4 unit
- 750 leadership
- HP: 320 , Atk: 38, Def: 36, damage: 30-38, crit: 28%, speed:4, init: 7
- Talents: Holy Warrior, No Retaliation, Magic Inmunnity, Regeneration.
- Special Attacks: Run, Celestial Long Hit.
- model: based on Royal Snake unit.

Awesome unit ^^ for early-mid game, recovers full health on every turn, its long hit attack can hit back level 5 creatures and objects in the battlefield. Besides, it is magic inmune. It is a celestial unit, so the attack is increased against undead and demons.

Titan (Neutral):
- level 5 unit
- 5300 leadership
- HP: 1450, Atk: 61, Def: 68, damage: 130-160, crit: 20%, speed: 3, init: 5
- Talents: Archer, Sniper, Golem, No Melee penalty, Poison Inmunnity, Magic Resistance, Ironfist.
- Special Attacks: Titan Stun, Push, Titan Implosion.
- model: based on Cyclop unit.

Wanted the "Royal" version of cyclop xD?? there it is. Tough creature, can stun low level targets on every hit, can hit-back level 5 creatures with the ironfist skill, the stun hability can hit 3 targets at once, the imposion skill creates a massive stun hit on the battlefield.

Sinister (Undead):
- level 5 unit
- 1600 leadership
- HP: 560, Atk: 45, Def: 42, damage melee: 45-75 (magic & physical damage), range: 45-75 (astral), crit: 30%, speed: 4, init: 6
- Talents: Undead, Soars, No melee penalty, Soul The Soul, Tireless, Horror Skull, Skull Vampirism.
- Special Attacks: Summon Fire Archer Skeletons, Summon Poison Archer Skeletons, Summon Evil Rabid Book.
- model: based on Medium (Evil Beholder) model.

My last mod, and not finished yet (but almost done), i did this basically because i loved the medium units, but for some reason cant get em to work, so i made my own. Can suck health from distance with the skull vamp skill (but not on melee range), and can inflict fear on low level units from distance, can summon fire archer and poison archer skeletons they have a bit more def thatn regular skeletons and shots only fire arrows or poison arrows, can summon evil rabid book (same habilities that the dread book but with more health, more damage, hit back and big chance for critical hits).

Im working right now on a black unicorn mod, but i didnt started it yet.
I will post some images when i can get all the mod units on the same army ;)

pavned
04-19-2010, 08:25 PM
For Phoenix, what is Hawk Eye talent? And what is King Harl's Call (you summon Griffin?)

For Maelstrom, what is Maelstrom strenght and all his special attack.

Do you have to put all your units on your hero's army before starting a game to make sure they become available or have you find a way to make sure you can have them in any game?

N3MES1S
04-19-2010, 09:02 PM
For Phoenix, what is Hawk Eye talent? And what is King Harl's Call (you summon Griffin?)

For Maelstrom, what is Maelstrom strenght and all his special attack.

Do you have to put all your units on your hero's army before starting a game to make sure they become available or have you find a way to make sure you can have them in any game?

They are available like all the other units, but i am using em with the armyofdark/light mod, so i can convert for example 2 paladins into 1 maelstrom. But if u are not using the armyoflight/dark mod, i suposse u only need to put the correct files in the correct folder, like the other mods. For example, i need to create a mod file called myunits.kfs and in that zipfile make some folders called "data", "army", "textures" and so on, and i put the correct file of the model in the correct folder. And thats all. Im not 100% sure if u need to start a new game, but i dont think so. If u dont have the aod/l mod, u should look at it so u can get an example on how u need to put the files.

Hawk Eye -> the phoenix can shot from distance even if it is surrounded by enemies (very useful if u want to aid some troops from distance without moving your position surrounded by enemies that u want to stay near u).

King's Harl Call -> yup, summon King Harl (level 5 unit) , the griffin king from KB TL ;).

Maelstrom strenght -> is like the knight talent, the defense raises everytime maelstrom gets hit.

Maelstrom strike -> Strong blow that do more physical damage and fire damage + burn, and push the target back.

Maelstrom execution -> A extreme blow that inflicts high physical and fire + burn damage. Cant be avoided.

Maelstrom circle attack -> Like the knight circle attack, but with a chance of burning the targets.

Dragonslayer -> Inflicts more damage against dragons. (dragonslayer animation)

Head hunter -> Inflicts more damage against the rest of level 5 creatures and can hit 3 targets at once.

PD.: For getting the good pictures, try to search on google wat u are looking for, for example if u need a portrait of the elf, search for "elf images" or something like that. Find the picture u think is closer to the mod and just edit it with, for example gimp. I did almost all of my portraits and skill images that way, for example for the maelstrom attacks i searched images using "sword".