PDA

View Full Version : High Morale Army

rollems
04-08-2010, 04:12 PM
since reading at benefits of morale. i was thinking of army like this. so what issues do you think this will have ? using paladin Amelie

paladin: Morale 3.
inquisitor: Morale 3.
bone dragon: Morale 3
black knights: Morale 3
(black dragon: Morale 2.) OR (Priest: Morale 3)

Morale items
Companion Moro dark. +1 Morale undead
Persuasion: +2 humans
Voice of dragon: +2 dragons
Army Drum: +1 morale
black knight: +1 Undead

also inquisitor sword/blade + sword of light

i plan to swap between BD/priest. Use BD when against fire weak enemy. use priest against demons.
or some times dont use both at all.
against dragon heavy army i completely drop undeads. and get knights which have +3 morale. and swap weapon from sword of light to dragon slayer blade/sword.

what you say guys? how will this fair on no loss games on hard.

loreangelicus
04-08-2010, 05:23 PM
This looks like a very solid build for a paladin class Amelie. I like the undead and undead-tolerant unit mix. For the 5th slot, may I suggest red dragons over black dragons or priests for a more consistent unit in terms of dealing damage and resurrectable via inquisitors to boot.

Against dragon-heavy enemies, I don't see the need to drop the undead. Sure, they don't have any fire-resistance at all, but Eviln is a powerful form of resurrection for them and could compensate for the losses. Besides, black knights are heavy-hitters in the damage category, and the poison damage of bone dragons would cut through other dragon types that have zero poison resistance.

I'd dare say this is a good build even for impossible difficulty.

Zechnophobe
04-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Level 3 Voice of the Dragon gives +2 Morale to dragons, not +1.

I'd go with Reds over Priests. You won't need the healing as much as you'll need the damage dealing. Morale also has very little effect on the low-crit, low stat priests.

rollems
04-09-2010, 01:59 PM
thanks for comments guys, i went and tried it and it was was fail. :(

* army drum does not give morale any dragons.
* persuasion 2 did not give me extra morale for humans.
* black knight morale does not give morale to itself but any other undead in army.

so basically i ended up with only morale +2 on all army. UNLESS i am doing some thing wrong

so question is there any way to give +3 morale to dragons. except bone which gets 2 from mind tree then +1 from black night.

by the way dragons rock with even +2 morale. they take out so much before i have to pull them back. by that time paladins and black knights, both stone skined reach front line to finish off every thing , even with +2 morale its become like easy mode.

Zechnophobe
04-09-2010, 05:29 PM
The gift bag has an item that gives +1 morale (and -10% leadership ) to dragons. It is unequivocally awesome.

Also, why not four dragons? Paladin's only resurrect themselves afterall.