PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Warrior Request

Alistar
04-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Can someone make a mod similar to Legends: Ultimate Warrior for AP.

A mod that removes class restriction for the 3 super skills.

whoopi
04-04-2010, 06:33 PM
You can make it youself just like I did, edited the hero.txt file, there is a line containing:
"skills_off= *something*" this one disables skills that are for each class.
Cant remeber but warrior had I think something like "skills_off= dragon voice(*), higher magic(*)" ...
At each class warrior,paladin and mage, all I did is clear after the '=' skill to looked like this:

skills_off=

Saved copy, packed as a mod, run game and enjoyed :P
(*) Cant remember their exactly names cuz I got a '~cool' Polish version and the original files are protected and cannot be unpacked (suxx ;( )

hasim
04-18-2010, 09:54 AM
You can make it youself just like I did, edited the hero.txt file, there is a line containing:
"skills_off= *something*" this one disables skills that are for each class.
Cant remeber but warrior had I think something like "skills_off= dragon voice(*), higher magic(*)" ...
At each class warrior,paladin and mage, all I did is clear after the '=' skill to looked like this:

skills_off=

Saved copy, packed as a mod, run game and enjoyed :P
(*) Cant remember their exactly names cuz I got a '~cool' Polish version and the original files are protected and cannot be unpacked (suxx ;( )

That is all good and fine but where is the "hero.txt" file please? is it packed somewhere? (I think ses.kfs) And if it IS packed somewhere how do I unpack it please?

pavned
04-19-2010, 01:04 PM
You need a program like winrar or winzip to open the ses.kfs file, it's acompress file.

You can just double-click on the file, it's gonna open (like a folder) and just select the hero.txt.

I suggest that you extract that file in your folder (just drag and drop in the folder) cause I try editing the file and then replace it without extracting. But the game crash when I do that.

When the file hero.txt is extracted in the folder it's just a matter of erasing the skills_off line under the warrior class. Then delete the hero.txt in your ses.kfs file and drag the hero.txt youedited in the ses.kfs window. It's gonna pack the file inside the ses.kfs file. You'Re now good to play.

As for the ultimate Warrior, I created something like the Ultimate Battle Mage, enabling the Warrior and Mage super skill (not resurection). Then editing medal so I made available stupid slayer (orcs medal) for intellect and lizard medal for attack. Plus I replaced Iron Knight by fire Mage that edited so every level grant +5 rage and +5 mana. I did updated the requirements so it's even tougher to get to level 3 Fire Mage. I might tweak it to add the fire rain spell (ultimate battle mage spell IMO!). I dropped the trapper medal to make room for the orc medal.

I also edited the rune rewarding system on level-up so I get the same amount of might and magic rune every 4 levels (wow that'S a funny statement and it... might and magic jsut realized it after rereading my post!).

I did reduced the # of mind runes so I don'T get to much runes. And I did reduce a little the leadership gain received after level up but I updgrade the mana I get and scroll numbers.

Really looking forward to play as a battle mage. Wonder how it will affect my gameplay.

hasim
04-23-2010, 03:02 PM
A very belated thanks for the info. Thank you. Found the file, did everything - it does not work on saved games :( Maybe I need to start over?

zini4_tha_grunt
04-23-2010, 03:11 PM
yes, you ought to restart the game.

hasim
04-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Damn it :)
Thanks again btw

hasim
04-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Nope :( still does not work. Is it perhaps because I am using the gift items pack? (and/or the army of dark/light mod)?

hasim
04-23-2010, 09:49 PM
heh - I found it. Apparently there is another hero.txt in the kbmaster mod. if I edit this one it works!

zini4_tha_grunt
04-24-2010, 06:49 AM
are you nuts? you can't use gift pack and other mods. this is undisputed.

hasim
04-24-2010, 07:39 AM
o.O
I AM nuts but that is besides the point. I am using gift packs and other mods yes.

saroumana
04-24-2010, 08:17 AM
It's possible if we crush gift pack's files. But yeah it's really a disappointment that they make a bonus that prevent so many mod to work.

zini4_tha_grunt
04-24-2010, 08:42 AM
o.O
I AM nuts but that is besides the point. I am using gift packs and other mods yes.
then you should be prepared for a lot of errors.

zini4_tha_grunt
04-24-2010, 08:43 AM
It's possible if we crush gift pack's files. But yeah it's really a disappointment that they make a bonus that prevent so many mod to work.
i did made the KBmod compatiable gift_pack for russian users. give me your english items.lng - i could try to translate it.