PDA

View Full Version : Smoothest / Fastest Boss Beating -- Warrior, Paladin, or Mage?

ckdamascus
03-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey there guys. I've been playing this wonderful game as an impossible mage. Only a few things were somewhat tedious (mana regen mostly), but not too bad. At least, not until I got to the bosses.

I skipped the bosses until I hit a high level, figuring they should be pretty easy. Boy was I wrong. Or rather, boy it is tedious.

Stoneskin, flaming arrow, calm rage, fireball, phantom, etc. It gets terribly tedious especially since I can only double cast 6 times and the bosses have way over 170K HP! The loss of the pet dragon totally destroys the somewhat smoother mana accelerator combo for normal battles.

From some of the post, I have discerned, life as a warrior is far more fun. I'm not too crazy about going through the same spell combination for about 50 turns to beat a boss.

Things like that pissed me off, like using 2 stacks of repair bots so I could totally regenerate my army while fighting other droids. Talk about tedious. :(

I really liked that one guy's approach of using royal griffins as tanks and using a bunch of souped up archers to wipe everything else out. Not so sure how they would fare against the bosses though.

Can anyone who has beaten the game with impossible mode with warrior AND mage comment on how "smooth" the boss battles were? Which one was smoother? Which one did you prefer? Thanks in advance!

askjosh
09-27-2010, 09:42 PM
if you have the new expansion then you may want to use a single stack of repair bots instead and use Engineers in the open slot.

They can repair your droids twice and have the ability to summon two additional stacks of either guard driods or Repair droids.

This works out very well when you cast phantom on them because the additional stacks that are summoned from the phantom will stay around even after the phantom dies.

the down side is that some times you will get stacks of guard droids instead of the repair droids.

ludak021
10-11-2010, 11:03 PM
black knights, stone skin, hell fire, magic spring, evlin. Moro dark as comapnion and set of darkness helps, but not necessary.

repair bots are good, but as a mage it's a bit hard when you only have two groups of 50 repair bots and 100+ beholders on enemy side. It is doable ofc, but it's a pain in the a$$.