PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this picture?

WhYdOyOuThInKtHaThApPeNeD
03-20-2010, 05:23 PM
There is something wrong with this picture, what is it?
(Maybe there is an explanation I don't understand. But if I'm right, who can spot the flaw? Put your answer in white font. Image is not photo-shopped.)

DGDobrev
03-20-2010, 11:00 PM
The only flaw I can spot is that you cast a spell and you're still at full mana.

Otherwise, I see nothing wrong.

dzeris
03-21-2010, 02:39 PM
The only flaw I can spot is

It is not that. He could use scroll and it does not eat mana.

adoninow
03-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Since the initiative of the robbers is the is the same as your priest, the robbers should have went before the priest.

dzeris
03-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Since the initiative of the robbers is the is the same as your priest, the robbers should have went before the priest.

robbers and priests have initiative 4, speed 2.
priest is level 2, robber is level 1.
priest goes first.

from manual
----
Первыми ходят существа с более высокой Инициативой. При равенстве Инициатив - с более высокой Скоростью. При равенстве Скоростей - с более высоким уровнем. При равенстве уровней - с меньшим значением базового Здоровья. В случае если все эти параметры одинаковы - сначала ходят существа врага, затем - существа героя.
----

In screenshot you can't see artifacts and regalia, that might affect unit's initiative. You can't say who should go first.

The Rider
03-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Why the wolves are in the middle of the field,but the according to the battle log they didnt move?

DGDobrev
03-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Movement of a unit is not recorded in the log.

TemjinGold
03-22-2010, 12:38 AM
You'll also notice the down arrow is clickable meaning that's not the whole log.

alpinar
03-22-2010, 06:57 AM
why does he still have full mana when he casted flaming arrow?the logg should report if a target have been hited when he had magicshield on or something?or im totally wrong?

dzeris
03-22-2010, 07:05 AM
why does he still have full mana when he casted flaming arrow?

he did not cast spell. read spoilers on first and second reply.

alpinar
03-22-2010, 11:26 AM
ahh flaw i guess its stands for flaming arow then

dzeris
03-22-2010, 11:57 AM
ahh flaw i guess its stands for flaming arow then
I don't think that flaming arrow attack is not flawed (I am too lazy to calculate intelect required to do 170 damage). Player can do level 1 flaming arrow attack without wasting mana.

mare911
03-22-2010, 01:19 PM
I dont know what turn it is, but according to unit placement it should be early in game (1st, maybe 2nd)
because of that, i noticed missing debuffs on enemy units - thorn hunters should have flame DoT from arrow and bears should have 'ZZzzz' debuff because of w8

p.s. i might be wrong, i admit that my last game ended 3weeks ago :)

dzeris
03-22-2010, 01:31 PM
I dont know what turn it is, but according to unit placement it should be early in game (1st, maybe 2nd)
because of that, i noticed missing debuffs on enemy units - thorn hunters should have flame DoT from arrow and bears should have 'ZZzzz' debuff because of w8

flaming arrows don't have 100% chance of fire. It is only 20-60% + int.

alpinar
03-23-2010, 07:25 AM
he did not cast spell. read spoilers on first and second reply.

yes he did cast a spell..look at the battlelogg ..its even showing the spellbok icon

adoninow
03-23-2010, 08:37 AM
yes he did cast a spell..look at the battlelogg ..its even showing the spellbok icon

Spellbook icon will be grayed out after a scroll is used.

adoninow
03-23-2010, 08:55 AM
There is something wrong with this picture, what is it?
(Maybe there is an explanation I don't understand. But if I'm right, who can spot the flaw? Put your answer in white font. Image is not photo-shopped.)

The priest has two positive effects and should have only one.

dzeris
03-23-2010, 09:08 AM

he attacked with flaming arrow spell, but instead of casting spell he used flaming arrow scroll. This can explain why mana is not used. Maybe both ways can be called spell casting, but I could not find other way to say it.

battle log does not show difference between casted spells and used scrolls.

positive effects
holly anger gives blessing and holly anger effects. I think blessing is the only reason why it was used. holly anger is useless, because enemy does not have undead or demon stacks.

Nothing wrong with that picture or original poster thinks that something is wrong and doesn't want to reveal it.

DGDobrev
03-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Exactly. I'm beginning to think we're jumping through somebody's hoops here :)

travelingoz
03-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Makes me wonder why he's taken the screenshot with only the top of the log visible.....
Otherwise there is nothing wrong with the picture as far as i can see! :confused:
So how about it then Whydidthathappen... What's your question here???

alpinar
03-23-2010, 02:05 PM
i thouht about using scroll to instead of using the spellbok but seeing the icon i was pretty sure it was not a scroll :)But i was wrong...So know im very curious myself to whats wrong with the picture cuz i cant really se anything strange

The Rider
03-29-2010, 10:53 PM
The priests have two buffs on them, but only Holy Anger is marked in the log

dzeris
03-30-2010, 03:57 AM
The priests have two buffs on them, but only Holy Anger is marked in the log

Holy anger gives blessing (max damage with base attack for 2 turns) and holy anger (150% damage on undead and demons) effects and 3 to 10 rage. Read spoilers.

theldrakis
07-14-2012, 08:56 PM
has anyone noticed the skelital dragon near the wolf in the center? though i havent seen it before in the game as sceanery.

Lord deSword
09-29-2012, 11:42 AM
I haven't played so many battles, and I haven't been paying much attention on the surroundings at all, but:
Why is there a light beam near the priests, like the ones that show up there's a treasure chest to be dug on the play map?